Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Seeker
There are almost endless intentional communities out there now. A simple search on intentional communities ( perhaps with the added word 'sustainability' along with the area where you are thinking to be would bring up quite a lot. I would think.

The best to you in your search!

Casey
Old 02-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Master
Good stuff guys. thanks for the tips, now I have a better idea of whats out there I just need to go exploring.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast

Whoever wrote that is biased towards Christian beliefs and Christian dogma. I read part of it and thought it was clever but after a while I lost interest when I saw it was one persons way of explaining their understanding of the universe, not a person trying to guide others to find something for their self.

it was a "do what I did, learn what I did" instead of a "try this, it has interesting effects". It's a recruitment to their thinking essentially, not an encouragement of our own findings.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:01 PM
Master
I imagine there would not be a need for an "enlightened" society once a person is enlightened. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 04-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
I imagine there would not be a need for an "enlightened" society once a person is enlightened. :)

well you imagine wrong.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Newbie ;)

This site is run by a Jesuit who obviously has enough money to have real commercials on TV "saw one on TV in 2015":
illuminatiofficial dot org
Old 06-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I do not think there is a group or society...it seems even after decades of following certain gurus or teachers the followers are often as confused and troubled or more so than your everyday waitress.

Are they really confused or is it who they talk to. Oh my, let's not ever say I don't know. I think they'd be troubled in what they witness but do they take sides! Is the answer to diminish the wise and bring them down to our level because we don't step up to another. When a teacher leaves a student is the teacher confused or the student. Do we expect the teacher to lower themselves just for us. The student is selfish or the teacher?

Look at what is going on in society, is it they who are causing the mayhem. I think they are above all of it, unattached and withdrawn. Wouldn't they say, listen, I told you and you were not listening. You had the opportunity to take an unknown path, setting a difference course of act. I knew where you were heading but this is, and is always your choice. I do not resonate with you.

One day we will realize, that group or society is going to have come from us. I know that that group or society is already in me. Not even God forces us, so why should gurus and such. That would in fact be violence.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
well you imagine wrong.

Hope you're thinking of levels.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Master
Coming to the sad conclusion that none exists yet. My friend is wanting to start such a thing but is not quite enlightened yet. ;(
Old 06-10-2017, 11:44 PM
Master
If there is, its probably filled with unenlightened people who claim to be enlightened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
well you imagine wrong.

I don't see how anyone can imagine wrong. They may jump to a wrong conclusion from their imagination but to imagine wrong???