Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Administrator
Triggers - How we Cope Moves us Forwards

Hello

Over the years I have worked with so many facing life path issues, looking for how to move forwards and stop the patterns they fall into. Just when you think your past it one creeps back in.

Why do things come back that we feel are well locked away, its because we lock them away and not deal with them. The past is not something we can pack and send away. I look at "triggers" like cloths that we put away with the change of seasons, knowing that when the season comes around again for them out they come. In bringing out the cloths we packed away we look at them at at times purge some of them from our wardrobe.

We can not just purge life issues, we have to face them head on as they come up again. What happens to us is never the past that is gone from us, it is something that is carved into our life path.

When a trigger comes to me personally I look at it like I would my reflection in the mirror, its there and its time to face it. Yes we do not have to look at our self in the mirror but when we do things are easier I find.

So I am wondering how others deal with the triggers of things we might not want to face or re face again but we do want to move forwards.

Lynn
Old 16-10-2017, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Over the years I have worked with so many facing life path issues, looking for how to move forwards and stop the patterns they fall into. Just when you think your past it one creeps back in.

Why do things come back that we feel are well locked away, its because we lock them away and not deal with them. The past is not something we can pack and send away. I look at "triggers" like cloths that we put away with the change of seasons, knowing that when the season comes around again for them out they come. In bringing out the cloths we packed away we look at them at at times purge some of them from our wardrobe.

We can not just purge life issues, we have to face them head on as they come up again. What happens to us is never the past that is gone from us, it is something that is carved into our life path.

When a trigger comes to me personally I look at it like I would my reflection in the mirror, its there and its time to face it. Yes we do not have to look at our self in the mirror but when we do things are easier I find.

So I am wondering how others deal with the triggers of things we might not want to face or re face again but we do want to move forwards.

Lynn

In general I do whatever I want to do. When the pain becomes too great my desires change from wanting indulgence and escape to wanting healing and growth.
Old 16-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Guide

True, the past is not something we can pack and send away.

But with help from a counselor, I was able to examine the past, the pain, the hurt, the anger... and then I WAS able to pack it all up and send it to a quiet corner of my mind.

I never tried to "forget" any of it, I only wanted to remove the power it had over me, and that is largely what I've done. Most of the triggers no longer set me off.

There are a few that do though. And they aren't things anyone else seems to understand. When those triggers pop up, I don't fight the emotion. I just try to remain calm and feel whatever it is I'm feeling, knowing full well that the sadness/anger/loneliness will pass in time.
Old 16-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Lynn

This is one of if not the most important question when it comes to spirituality.

All those triggers, wants, desires, upsets are obstructions and learning to let them go is the key to progressing along the path.

A teaching that I really liked is by Michael Brown. It teaches one how to move beyond the local mind, beyond the thoughts directly to the energy/obstruction and then teaches one how to let it go.. How to reside.

Quote:
Whether we are aware of it or not, no matter what reactive approach we take when upset, by reacting to the upset we are attempting to sedate and control what we perceive is happening to us from our awareness. And, all sedation and control in the face of an upset is "the pushing of our shadow away from us", and consequently, a forced ascension of our awareness into the mental plane. The more we push away at the experience of "being upset", the more ungrounded we become.

When we consciously observe an upsetting experience we real eyes there are three distinct aspects to it; a physical, mental, and emotional:

The physical aspects are the circumstances or person/s that triggered the upset, and they are also the physical behaviors we are considering initiating as a consequence of whatever occurred.

The mental aspect is the story we are telling ourselves about what happened, who did what, why it happened, and whose fault it was.

The emotional aspect is how this upset is causing us to feel. The emotional aspect of any upset is accessible to us as both an uncomfortable feeling state, and emotion which we may call fear, anger, and/or grief, and as a corresponding physical sensation anchored within our body.

Here are a set of instructions inviting you to consciously enter the grounding experience we are discussing:

http://community.livingunbound.net/i...with-emotions/

I hope that helps others like it has helped me.

All the best,

Tom