Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 05-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Newbie ;)

karmic rejection

Id appreciate any thoughts on this please guys.
All my life ive faced rejection, from friends, family, co workers. I'm not talking about your bog standard relationship breakup or family fallout. This is going way behond that. Ive had numerous friends (I'm talking friends of 20+ years) all of a sudden cut me out of their lives for no discernible reason, any kind of contact to find out why has been blanked. When at work ive been told that ive been one of the best employees and then eventually my co workers have turned against me, again for no apparent reason. Now half my family have cut me out. This is making me seriously suicidal. Ive recently also been experiencing a lot of D.O.P phenomena. Its all so very, very strange.
Is it karma of some sort because I can find no other explanation.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Newbie ;)

That is rough, I can relate and understand. I am still pretty much a newbie on this spiritual path as only been on this path for about 5 years, so probably won't be the best advice on why so many people been cutting you out of your life. But I want to say I appreciate that you replied to my post, and when you said you can relate and going through similar, that is when I had to check out your post. I can say the synchronicity of you finding my post cause your post here was posted at 5:33 AM and you commented on my post at 5:44 AM, so soon after as similar hardship. As almost seems that you were led to my post to know that you're not alone and as people like me can relate to what your going through.

I am new to this forum as I see you are also, but notice this forum has a buddy list, I would like to add you to list and to keep in touch everyday as maybe considering both of us lost alot of close people maybe the synchronicity of you finding my post was something that happened for a reason. I don't know about you but I always find it relieving and helps out alot having someone to talk too, and that is what has taken me down tremendously as in past I had atleast a few people but now it's pretty much nobody. Thank you again and I hope to keep in touch!
Old 05-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Master

Rejection is very difficult to deal with because it makes us feel unloved or unworthy as human beings.

Deep down, do you feel that you are unlovable or unworthy of love and respect? This is actually how many of us feel, often because of events in childhood which made us feel that we were bad or there was something wrong with us. For example, we hear our parents arguing and we internalise it all. If our parents are angry then it cannot be their fault, it must be something which we have done. Therefore we are bad.

So subconsciously we expect to be rejected because we are bad, and on some level that expectation then manifests in our lives. We may even subconsciously behave in ways that ensure such rejection, thus confirming our expectations.

And as you say, it may be karma from past lives, but you can start changing that now.

Maybe a good place to start is to really examine yourself and how you feel about yourself. Does the behaviour of your family and friends and colleagues reflect your own feelings towards yourself?

Some people find ho'oponopono very helpful. Reflect on every situation where this has occurred or is occurring and say with feeling "I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I love you. Thank you."

The idea of this is to accept responsibility for all that we attract into our lives. We cannot change other people, but by changing our inner attitudes then outer change results.

I hope things resolve themselves for you.

Peace.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundana[B
66[/b]]Id appreciate any thoughts on this please guys.
All my life ive faced rejection, from friends, family, co workers. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis[B
91[/b]]That is rough, I can relate and understand....
I believe it's never too late or too early to find out what's the lesson each of us is here, at this time, to learn. Try to ask the question while in an altered state of consciousness! I did it under self-hypnosis. Be careful not to rationalize the answer, but to get the answer that is given to you. If you don't immediately get an answer, either you're not supposed to get one, or you may have missed it. Either way, you can try again later. Good luck!
Old 06-05-2017, 03:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundana66
All my life ive faced rejection, from friends, family, co workers. I'm not talking about your bog standard relationship breakup or family fallout. This is going way behond that. Ive had numerous friends (I'm talking friends of 20+ years) all of a sudden cut me out of their lives for no discernible reason, any kind of contact to find out why has been blanked. When at work ive been told that ive been one of the best employees and then eventually my co workers have turned against me, again for no apparent reason. Now half my family have cut me out. This is making me seriously suicidal. Ive recently also been experiencing a lot of D.O.P phenomena. Its all so very, very strange.

you are actually facing 'betrayals'. It is a rough thing to go through because in the end you don't know who to trust. So you eventually have to learn to trust yourself and that is *not* an easy thing especially when fed to you this way.

I don't know exactly how it relates to karma. What is a D.O.P phenomena?
Old 06-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Newbie ;)

Many thanks for replies guys, appreciate it. Just like to flesh out my original post a bit if I may. This goes right back to my school days (BTW, I'm now a 50 yr old male in the UK) I was always lowest in the pecking order despite been quiet academical...Ive always had a fondness for books and learning and many people have told me that I should have gone to university. I became a Christian in my teenage years but actually got asked to leave the church I was attending because I was asking to many questions re: the bible, it was considered that I didn't have enough faith. (I gave up Christianity long ago and sought other spiritual paths), That was another rejection. One more quick example, I had new neighbours move in next door. We became such friends that I was a witness at their wedding. Shortly after they started to blank me and went as far as reporting me to various authorities for thing that hadn't happened, it was just bizarre. I could put some of all this down to paranoia if my son hadn't asked me once why so many people hate me?
I'm convinced that there's some lesson to be learnt in all of this, just don't know what it is. I'll reply to individual replies below as this is getting a bit long.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Newbie ;)

Dennis91... that be cool to add me to your 'buddy list' pal. Still trying to wing my way around this site so not sure how it works yet, but yes, please add me.

Iamthat...Its true that my childhood wasn't the best, In early school I once had a teacher that took an instant dislike to me. As well as constantly punishing me (physically and verbally) and embarrassing me, he also managed to turn the whole class against me. I was as isolated as hell. That then continued for the rest of my schooling. So perhaps, yes, I don't like myself to much because of all that but I'm still treading water on how to change.

baro-san...interesting suggestion re: asking the question in an altered state of consciousness. I'm not a very good hypnotic subject but something to ponder on.

FallingLeaves...Don't know if trusting ourselves is the same as intuition but my own intuition has badly let me down, Perhaps I wasn't really trusting myself to begin with?
D.O.P is disappearing object phenomena. (its worth youtubing it) Its where objects simply vanish (sceptics would put it down to absent mindedness but it goes beyond that) A couple of recent examples. My son gave me £12 pound to buy him something from the shop. I put the two pound coins in my pocket and put the £10 note in my wallet. I got to the shop and the £10 was no longer in my wallet (I have a clip in my wallet for notes, so it couldn't have fallen out) Another time I purchased a book of stamps. When I got home I took one out and put the book on my table. My son then asked if he could have one as well but they had gone. Looked every where but they had simply vanished from the table. I'm experiencing this a lot lately. Also had an experience a few days ago. I ride a pushbike and always keep my light on top of my intercom unless I go out at night when I put them on my bike (don't want them to get stolen) Ive been doing this for over 2 years. Went to put them on my bike and they are nowhere to be seen. Gone. Got many more examples but you get the point.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:37 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

From the examples you gave:
1. things you aren't aware of happen to you, and around you
2. many people don't like you, some quite vehemently

Maybe the two observations are tied together. Maybe you have short lapses of consciousness during which you do small gestures you aren't aware of. Such gestures could result in things disappearing, and also could annoy and displease people around you. Maybe I'm way off (?)
Old 06-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundana66
I'm so sorry for your troubles. Betrayal is heartbreaking. Believe it or not, the first thing that came to my mind is that someone had spread some sort of slander or lies or some sort of falsehood or misrepresentation about your character or something that you've done or not done. Obviously this is being kept from you, if in fact this is what has happened..

This in my mind is the most likely explanation for why so many friends and family dropped off around the same period of time, if I understood that correctly. I may also have to do with why your coworkers are avoiding you. If I were you, I would perhaps actually hire a private investigator to see if he can get to the root of it. And I would in the meantime spend some time with some charity, volunteer, or faith organization where you can donate some time and be of service and be of some good to others. It's a very satisfying thing will also help to heal you. Likewise I would also seek out some group for support, perhaps another faith group that is less judgmental.

And once again all the best to you.
Peace and blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for replies guys.

baro-san, yes, short lapses of consciousness COULD account for objects disappearing but its hard to see how it could account for friends of 20+ years doing the same.

7luminaries, Its not to do with anyone slandering me, this has been a lifetime thing. Right from my school years I have eventually been ostracized by the rest....even in support groups of one kind or another.
I'm so ground down with it all that I don't want to leave my home anymore

Thanks for your input though guys. There's a lesson in all of this, just havn't found it yet