Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 05-12-2017, 05:23 AM
Experiencer
Wow Lynn ! An amethyst that weighs a ton ! That sounds like a stone I would really appreciate, I would love to see/hear more about that piece. As you know I am a sucker for the big ones !

Must be a little bit of a fan, after all it came home with you !
Old 05-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
Wow Lynn ! An amethyst that weighs a ton ! That sounds like a stone I would really appreciate, I would love to see/hear more about that piece. As you know I am a sucker for the big ones !

Must be a little bit of a fan, after all it came home with you !

Will post it in a new thread.

Lynn
Old 05-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
On a trip to Dundee in Scotland I brought back some local raw amethyst.
The piece sat undisturbed in a glass cabinet and over a two or three year period I gradually stopped using any kind of alcoholic drink.

Whether the amethyst had quelled the drinking habit I can't say for sure. But when crystals are left untouched for long periods of time I do believe they distribute energy much more effectively. Almost to the point of visually displaying radiation like a stone dropped in a pool of water.

I would be inclined to agree here. Lately I've purchased stones online and while not sure of their quality and validity as real, perhaps I can get some photos up later if you'd all bear with me, one of the stones is a rose quartz and one an amethyst. Recently I have been painting and remodeling some of my furniture. I ended up using a modern gray paint and added touches of pink fabric. One of these projects was an old knick knack shelf with an area at the top painted the gray and an added pink fabric scarf as an accent. While looking at it I felt a piece of rose quartz would look nice accenting the area of gray. I have never really related to carrying rose quartz with me as a reminder of love (humanitarian love), I'd somehow always forget the rose quartz was there. So Instead I decided to fix it to the shelf in the gray area, and with intent to think of loving thoughts/ qualities when I look upon the shelf. I seem to appreciate the stone more while being displayed in the open like this, as a reminder of better things, in view and not in my pocket or in my purse.

As for amethyst I really used to enjoy the stone, however lately here I have less of a fascination with it personally, I do not resonate as well as I had when younger, and more open in youth.

I am not a big drinker these days. Every now and then to relax. It has to be for me when I want a drink, and I do not really want a drink too much these days. I often drink with family and well, let's just say I prefer to drink alone. Alcohol is a depressant after all, and I do not need any more of that.

As for what to do with the amethyst stone, there is nothing yet I feel I can do, like I said I am not aware of the stones validity for being real, and also it does not help that it is polished. I like natural rough stones better, and better yet one's I am able to find.

As to Op, if amethyst is not having the effect you want perhaps considering putting it away for a while, and just perhaps try something else. I've noticed many get a bit caught up in what others are saying (online factions and elsewhere) certain stones mean, and at times spend less time meditating with different stones, and trusting one's own judgment for what particular stones mean for you, and getting to feel for what stone feels comfortable for yourself by meditation with it.

Personally Raw amethyst is way too strong for me. I am inclined to use another stone myself. Have you considered clear quartz?

Perhaps what may help is experimenting meditating with a few different stones, and find which resonate very well with you.

Blessings.