Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 15-10-2017, 12:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Gem, so nice to see you in this neck of the woods, I got an extra box of magical furbie tarots you can use and join us

Thanks, Clover.

Quote:
I was raised Catholic and at times I'm still involved with the Catholic church and honestly, I would never feel compelled to buy a product from her. When I would briefly see a promotional video from her, there was just something unauthentic and artificial about the character she was portraying, snake oil really does came to mind, but whatever , I can't hate on someones hustle. I just know her folks cant be judging my cards/tools because what she is offering is no different, just masking them with squeaky clean fairies and angles.

I'm not sure the DV thing is very heathy, it's so much false hope.

Quote:
I honestly didn't know much about her because she never appealed to me but I was reading about her right now, and I found a observation from a blogger very interesting. They said she could possibly be trying to market to the 'end of the world' Christian folk. It really got me thinking. In the US right now it's A perfect time to be afraid and seek something external. We are a divided nation here with the "either you are with us or against us" mentalily. We elected a very fear based president, his policies are centered on people's fears. There has also been a lot of bluffing on his twitter on nuclear warfare, and with all these natural disasters,I feel this is perfect time to be Christian. Plus, its a bigger market to profit. She already built a base with the Divinity market, looks to me she is wanting an expansion. From what I know from the hurricanes here, there is lots to profit from with fear.

Yes. I doubt her motivations have changed and what will sell would still be the predominant question in her daily life. Complex mix with good money in the spiritual marketplace - can never be sure of the purity of one's intentions.

Quote:
All just my opinion

From what I read, she is just going to revive a lot of her prodocuts. No more predictions, prophecies and she will revive her ascended Masters Oracle n take out the deities n focus them more on Jesus /angels.

Sure, she doesn't go so far as saying 'I was just making it up because sales of the old decks slowed down and I needed new product to sell'.

I don't buy into any of this stuff, but I don't understand spiritual stuff. I'm just a guy who does a bit of meditation and believes in the benefits of real lived things such as love, kindness, self awareness, so even though I do mistrust DV, and I despair that people are misled and distracted by her, it all seem so unimportant to me, as people are free to do it their own way, and it's not my place to influence them. I can only wish DV and all her customers every happiness on their path.
Old 15-10-2017, 02:46 AM
Master
Ok, I get it. Finally managed to find some info on what this is all about.

Interestingly, on her Facebook page she is doing daily videos promoting a book she is writing, which can be pre-ordered called "Mornings with the Lord" or something or other. Also interestingly, her Facebook page is still promoting the oracle deck (which she is supposed to have denounced through Christianity) "Loving Words from Jesus" which was published in 2016. Although I don't like to judge (or try not to) I noticed she's been married 5 times. Holy Moly!

Anyway, if she truly had converted to Christianity, there are several passages in the bible which denounce all forms of divination, sorcery, etc, etc. So fair enough if she has truly converted and that's what she now believes. However, if that's the case, I don't think she should be promoting her oracle cards on her Facebook page. Kind of seems a bit contradictory to me.

I can understand why so many people feel let down after plying a lot of money into her business, by means of courses and the like and the fact that she says she "met Jesus" on 7 January 2017, and yet didn't actually let the world know in full until August 22 2017 or whenever the eclipse was, plus given the oracle cards about Jesus were produced in 2016, seems to me she may have been gradually testing the market and building up to it.

The comments about the political unrest from Christian Extremism on the Far Right in America is interesting too.

At the end of the day, who knows. She may genuinely believe the scripture denouncing tarot and the rest of it, or she could have changed marketing strategy for more money, and/or be politically motivated as well.

I'm happy with my own beliefs and decisions and hope she is with hers, 'cause it will be a bit hard for her to backtrack now!
Old 15-10-2017, 02:54 AM
Master

she's a have and always has been. she cares more about the scent of money then she does the welfare of 'people' she doesn't know a thing about. IF and big IF the lord jesus came upon her and rebated her on whats she is doing. It would be about 'taking' money from people for her works of glorified spirituality that is fluffy rainbows and glossy cards. which cost her to print and to get back money for that means taking from the people. Its all about money and making money and now shes using jesus to make more money on books. it's ultimately about serving money (satan) or God (the people). she's a fake. I can give people all she gives and not ask for a cent from them. but she needs the money, im sure it costs to keep her beautful home, cars, vacations etc.

her cards like her have never done a thing for me. she is like many others of her kind, take from the people in spiritual themes to gain their trust and build her own empire of cash.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:21 AM
Master
I have some of Doreen virtue's book and decks. I don't know what has happened in the recent past, but well I don't mind her at all.
I am not a fan of her's as such, but well I don't really have any problem with either her books or decks. I don't use them a lot anymore as much as I did earlier though.
If someone's that popular, there is something that must click with so many of the rest of the people. And well with any public figure, criticisms are common. What people do not understand or cannot achieve themselves, it is easy to just simply judge another. I don't know know what she does behind the scenes but apparently there are a lot of positive reviews from people who have taken her classes and learnt from her.
I have books from women who have written books on occult and they have mentioned her classes and learning in their books. These women have written some amazing stuff, and if DV has had students like that, I think it says a lot about her too.
People are building empires/ spiritual empires all over the world, why wouldn't she. People even have small business, so what's wrong if she is doing it on larger scale. Atleast some people are benefiting if not all.
I guess we all have a personal journey, and things happen. Maybe she is just shifting and moving in a newer more certain direction. I have no idea what has happened, but well I don't have a problem with her.
Old 15-10-2017, 04:24 AM
Administrator
Hello

We all have our paths and things that at times fit whom we are and at time change. It too could be that Soul Path that one comes in with that one has to learn so much on one path then be done and try another.

Man I know of this in life. I knew from the age of 13 I could read Tarot Cards as they could come to me visually but it was not until I was 42 that I got a deck of them to use. I never wanted to be a reader.

The paths we follow are at times it seems chosen for us not by us. I was raised Anglican (very structured and formal set of rules) an I was also born open to the psychic / paranormal set of life. So when I asked on "why" like many others like me ask in the family faith, we are told NOT to talk about it. So we turn from faith in the traditional form. Maybe this is what Doreen faced and found her way back to what is really her calling. Or like me something scared her and changed her path.

It does not mean that her cards are bad, and that there is no value to them as she changed her path in life. It just means that part of her life was put on a shelf and she has moved to something new. Yes she denounces what she once was called to but you can never remove that part of you , it is you.

I know this and the is why I am public that I played in the dark arts for a time, I had to learn in that area to help others in that area. Part of me is not pleased I went there but I do not go to say it was not me.

So I in a way get where she is at, too you can not take away that part of whom you are.....she needs to learn and respect that . The royalties from her products will shill flow into her.....and I am sure she will continue to respect that flow.

Lynn
Old 17-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Master
I came across some of her stuff when looking at numbers. Pretty quickly I drifted to another resource on the web. I'm a little more curious now ~ fifty odd books and twelve decks apparently...
Old 17-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Master

I find some of her decks very good. The one that speaks to me in particular is the "Messages from your Angels" deck. It has brought me hope AND proved accurate in timely warnings whether I have used it in print or on my phone. The funny thing is that I am not even a Christian.
I think this deck in particular has value and so does visualizing angels for healing, cord cutting and prayer.
Her denouncing her work may not change the sale of some of her decks to a great extent because ultimately it is about which images speak to us and help us in visualization. I wonder if anyone else feels the same.
Old 17-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Seeker
I started with one of her oracles as it was "Safe" to me since it had angels and I was a very devout young Christian with growing interests in the occult.

A decade later, I am completely different both spiritually and in my tastes in divination. I have a good handful of her oracles in my collection and I use them when I or someone I'm reading for needs something extremely gentle. But other than that, my first deck is a keepsake of the start of my spiritual journey.

I've known about her decision to change her products for a few months now. It was a big thing in the tarot communities as not many were fans of her. She's popular with people who dabble in divination and spirituality but to those who work with tarot on a frequent basis, she's doesn't have a great reputation. To many, like myself, she went from being the "angel" lady, to the "constantly putting out poor quality decks" lady. I stopped buying when I realized her decks all began having similar titled cards with different art on them. As if the effort on her part had been halved.

It's clear she panders to whomever will buy her products. And if that's what she wants to do, then so be it. She was a huge source of income to her publisher Hay House. And I applaud her success.

I do not like how she threw her past work under the bus. That is very disappointing to me as I always viewed her as a professional if anything. People spend hundreds on her books and decks and many also shelled out thousands to get certified by her. Now their certifications are useless as she's said she no longer backs her prior works, except for a few very Jesus oriented ones.

I don't expect anyone to stay on the same path all their lives. I've undergone many big changes in my own spirituality, which is why I label myself as an Eclectic Pagan. But I do expect people who make those changes to not throw their past path under the bus saying it's dark or demonic (I believe that's what she said about tarot). It's just hurting those who believed in you and trusted you. So I've lost a lot of respect for her but still will use her decks if the mood strikes.

I find it funny how she says Jesus speaks to her so she'll continue doing readings and channelings. Seems fishy, like "Listen to what I say not as I do". But then again once she began marketing more heavily and publishing decks frequently I no longer trusted her as an authority on anything.
Old 17-10-2017, 09:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

We all have our paths and things that at times fit whom we are and at time change. It too could be that Soul Path that one comes in with that one has to learn so much on one path then be done and try another.

Man I know of this in life. I knew from the age of 13 I could read Tarot Cards as they could come to me visually but it was not until I was 42 that I got a deck of them to use. I never wanted to be a reader.

The paths we follow are at times it seems chosen for us not by us. I was raised Anglican (very structured and formal set of rules) an I was also born open to the psychic / paranormal set of life. So when I asked on "why" like many others like me ask in the family faith, we are told NOT to talk about it. So we turn from faith in the traditional form. Maybe this is what Doreen faced and found her way back to what is really her calling. Or like me something scared her and changed her path.

It does not mean that her cards are bad, and that there is no value to them as she changed her path in life. It just means that part of her life was put on a shelf and she has moved to something new. Yes she denounces what she once was called to but you can never remove that part of you , it is you.

I know this and the is why I am public that I played in the dark arts for a time, I had to learn in that area to help others in that area. Part of me is not pleased I went there but I do not go to say it was not me.

So I in a way get where she is at, too you can not take away that part of whom you are.....she needs to learn and respect that . The royalties from her products will shill flow into her.....and I am sure she will continue to respect that flow.

Lynn

I stayed in a psychic's house for a while, I mean a professional psychic, and she showed me the way to read tarot by seeing how the cards 'changed'. Not that I could read any meaning from that, but I did notice how the eyes can see things differently if you care to notice.