Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Master
I don't believe thats true, Mayflow,
People can be hurt by the words of others, this is absolutely factual..whether you believe or 'know' in your heart, that it is our own inner sense of self that causes the reaction and not an outside influence.

The truth is that many many people look to others to help them feel better about themselves or what is happening in their lives.....so even if you 'know' differently, what can it hurt to show compassion?...words can make or break another....being brutally honest in my opinion, isn't always the best approach...kindness is.....
Old 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM
purplesoul

I've always had a belief in the afterlife which is why I cannot conceive of not seeing my father again or anyone else that has passed that I hold near and dear to me.

I've had very few experiences like these which is why I believe they are real experiences. I'm trying hard to open myself up more to receive communication, etc. I tend to overthink things which is why I posted this experience in the first place. I didn't trust my intuition at the time.

I think what Mayflow has said just reaffirms my belief. No offence taken.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Mayflow

O migosh purplesoul, I never meant to offend anyone so I am happy you didn't take offense. For myself I have certain Shamanistic background and seeing the dead and certain not physically living (as we know it) beings, is not completely foreign to me and I certainly think it is possible. However I also understand quite a bit about Jungian psychology and about the collective and individual subconsciousnesses, and I really do think when you see dead loved ones it is usually a subconscious wish fulfillment meant to keep you healthy.

I'd like to take this opportunity to talk about what I learned in Shamanism, although it can be learned pretty much from anything. That is about taking offense at what others say. If I do that, it simply means to me that I have to go inside my mind and change the way I think, because it makes no sense to allow others ideas and words offend me. I have my own powers and my own mind, and there is no point to me to give others control over my reactions and thought processes.