Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-11-2018, 01:12 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattvicmonkey
This is a touchy subject but is there any good reason to not commit suicide? I'm not encouraging anyone else to do that but I'm looking at my own situation. Most people say hell doesn't exist. The afterlife sounds a lot nicer than this world.

Obviously there are issues like causing pain to loved ones, and supposedly people who commit suicide experience a degree of regret in the hereafter, but other than that?

If not for my loved ones I wouldn't really see a point in staying on.

I'm not going to encourage you but for some indiiduals I can understand the feelings that may have led to them ending their life. BUT there's a significant likelihood any individual will experience great remorse and regret when reviewing their lives and what led to their actions.

Quote:
I've heard someone say, when the body dies, the mind does not. And it will manifest as something/someone else (ie. you'll just reincarnate into a different person and still be stuck on this planet). Do we not have a choice about reincarnation?

Last question first - yes we have a choice. First sentence is correct. The point claimed in the second sentence is wrong. But read last and first in the context of what I wrote about remorse and regret. You might get lucky - what's been taught by teachers and guides may be wrong. Or you could end up wishing you hadn't done it and feeling you ought to try to make amends in some way, perhaps in another earth incarnation.

Ya gotta weigh up the complete situation.
Old 29-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
You might get lucky - what's been taught by teachers and guides may be wrong.
Hm, I don't doubt them but sometimes it must depend on context?

For instance a soldier who takes a hidden dose of cyanide to avoid torture probably wouldn't look back at his decision with regret. That's quite an extreme example but it's true still.
Old 29-11-2018, 08:55 PM
leadville

Quote:
Hm, I don't doubt them but sometimes it must depend on context?

For instance a soldier who takes a hidden dose of cyanide to avoid torture probably wouldn't look back at his decision with regret. That's quite an extreme example but it's true still.

Context is everything.

There must be other situations where ending one's life makes sense to the individual and can be understood by others. Add to your example someone who refuses invasive and protracted medical intervention when the outcome is always going to be eventual death - not suicide as often understood but still the ending of one's life by the action/omission of that individual. Or someone deciding to actively end their life after great suffering and where medical intervention would simply prolong that suffering. After their passing there may be regret for / remorse about some of the outcomes but not about the totality of the situation.

Only when we learn about such matters after our own passing will we have a less-incomplete picture and be better able to comprehend the complete situation.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:59 PM
Seeker

Thanks for the response.

Is there any real motivation to not commit suicide? I don't really like this life and would like to depart from this and go to a friendly place. Perhaps 'summer land' where everyone is happy. Also I heard you meet your 'spirit family' who love you unconditionally. I'd rather just go to that than continue here.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Suspended
Michael Newton PhD - Destiny of Souls:

What happens to souls involved with suicide in healthy bodies? These souls tell me they feel somewhat diminished in the eyes of their guides and group peers because they broke their covenant in a former life. There is a loss of pride from a wasted opportunity. Life is a gift and a great deal of thought has gone into allocating certain bodies for our use. We are the custodians of this body and that carries a sacred trust. My clients call it a contract. Particularly when a young, healthy person commits suicide, our teachers consider this an act of gross immaturity and the abrogation of responsibility. Our spiritual masters have placed their trust in our courage to finish life with functional bodies in a normal fashion, no matter how difficult. They have infinite patience with us, but with repeated suicide offenders their forgiveness takes on another tone.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:29 PM
Suspended
More from Michael Newton PhD - Destiny of Souls if it's ok

I worked with a young client who had tried to commit suicide a year before I saw him. During our hypnosis session we found evidence of a pattern of self-destruction in former lives. Facing his master teachers at a council meeting following his last life, this client was told by an Elder:

Once again you are here early and we are disappointed. Have you not learned the same test grows more difficult with each new life you terminate? Your behavior is selfish for many reasons, not the least of which is the sorrow you caused to those left behind who loved you. How much longer will you continue to just throw away the perfectly good bodies we give you? Tell us when you are ready to stop engaging in self-pity and underestimating your capabilities.

I don’t think I have ever heard of a council member come down any harder on one of my subjects over the issue of suicide. Months later, this client wrote me to say that whenever thoughts of committing suicide entered his head he pushed them aside because of a desire to avoid having to face this Elder again after killing himself. A little posthypnotic suggestion on my part made recovering this scene in his conscious mind especially easy and serves as a deterrent.

In suicide cases involving healthy bodies, one of two things generally happens to these souls. If they are not a repeat offender, the soul is frequently sent back to a new life rather quickly, at their own request, to make up for lost time. This could be within five years of their death on Earth. The average soul is convinced it is important to get right back on the diving board after having taken a belly flop in a prior life. After all, we have natural survival instincts as human beings and most spirits tenaciously fight to stay alive.

For those who display a pattern of bailing out when things get rough there are places of repentance for a good purpose. These places do not contain a pantheon of horrors in some dark, lower spirit region reserved for sinners. Rather than being punished in some sort of bleak purgatory, these souls may volunteer to go to a beautiful planetary world with water, trees and mountains but no other life. They have no contact with other souls in these places of seclusion except for sporadic visits by a guide to assist them in their reflections and self-evaluation.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:16 PM
Master

Some thoughts on the above.

Do we have a choice about reincarnating? Some people like to think that we do, but if the law of karma has any validity then there is no choice. Actions have consequences and we are bound by them. And even if there is a choice, it is a choice made by the Soul not the personality. The personality may not like the limitations of physical existence but it is the Soul that chooses to take on new bodies.

The decision to choose death when faced with a terminal illness seems quite reasonable. If there is no quality of life and no possibility of improvement, then why prolong the suffering? The medical profession seems to think physical life should be prolonged at any cost, but why?

This is very different to choosing death rather than having to deal with difficult circumstances when there is every possibility of future improvement. Not liking life is not a good reason to opt out.

The summerlands of the astral plane may be very inviting, but (assuming they exist) those who reside there do so because their astral vibrations qualify them to live at that level. Committing suicide does not suggest very high astral vibrations, so we cannot assume that we will automatically go to these summerlands. If someone is not happy here, how do they hope to go to a place where "everyone is happy"?

And you may meet your spirit family who love you unconditionally, but they may also be disappointed that you cut short your earthly experience rather than fulfilling your intended purpose, whatever that might be.

Peace.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Thanks for the response.

Is there any real motivation to not commit suicide? I don't really like this life and would like to depart from this and go to a friendly place. Perhaps 'summer land' where everyone is happy. Also I heard you meet your 'spirit family' who love you unconditionally. I'd rather just go to that than continue here.

Regarding leaving this planet..WELL..i here you loud and clear, sattvicmonkey.
And you have a belief in the "Summerlands" AWESOME, They are said to be the "lesser Heavens" or the "Natural Love Sphere's" that eventually lead on in to the "Holy Kingdom".

BUT to enter the "Holy Kingdom", one needs to be walking the "divine love path" instead of the "Natural Love" path

There is said to be six extremely massive realms/spheres within the lesser Heavens. Which can take a very very very long time to improve ones quality of soulself, enough, in order to become an inhabitant of the sixth sphere.

all persons are welcome in the outer fringes that lead on in through the first sphere, and the outer fringes is where one starts their journey throughout the summerlands.
But if a person was to follow the divine love path of receiving Gods very essence, well as that person grows in Gods very essence they are capable of moving through the natural love sphere's (Summerlands) at a much faster rate than those that are on the Natural Love path, and will also skip from first through to the third to the fifth and then skipping the sixth and being capable of entering the seventh sphere which is the first sphere of the Holy Kingdom...AND FROM THERE ON, IT IS A VIRTUAL MAGICAL WONDERLAND.

Each successive sphere is said to be extremely more wonderfully beautiful than the previous, throughout both the Summerlands and the Holy Kingdom.

And regardless of what is widely believed, it has been said that one will only meet their true Soulmate if they are on the "Divine love path"...because it is said that one will only ever be capable of recognizing/feeling the special bond that Soul mates share if one is on that path.

sattvicmonkey, you spoke of suicide, well i do not refer to it as suicide.
Suicide is a form of killing a sentient intelligent being, and i put forward that the SPIRITUAL SOULSELF.."US".. is the only part of US that is conscious and sentient.
I am led to believe that the physical earthly flesh body is only a sensory and processing unit without consciousness.
All thinking and reasoning originates from and of the Soulself. The brain is a intermediary processing unit between SOULSELF and the sences of the earthly flesh body.

So when the energetic Silver cord is severed between flesh body and SOULSELF, the flesh body does not die, it just starts to decompose.
I also have other beliefs/knowledge regarding this conversation, if you are interested.

sattvicmonkey...Maybe this post has caught your attention and possibly even piqued an interest within you...Smiles from me..Neil
Old 03-02-2019, 03:14 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

And you may meet your spirit family who love you unconditionally, but they may also be disappointed that you cut short your earthly experience rather than fulfilling your intended purpose, whatever that might be.

Peace.

I'm kind of baffled by the speculation about what happens after death but there are perhaps different levels of learning, and I'm not here yet.

On the last paragraph, I cannot imagine spirits who love unconditionally to be "disappointed" - those words and that reality doesn't go together in my books.

Peace and love.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
On the last paragraph, I cannot imagine spirits who love unconditionally to be "disappointed" - those words and that reality doesn't go together in my books.

Peace and love.

A valid point, and one which occurred to me as I was typing!! Disappointed is perhaps the wrong word. I should have reworded it.

Peace.