Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-12-2010, 06:27 PM
shredzorz

Scary astral projection attempt

Im new to this and i don't know much on the topic, anyways I think i almost had an OBE today.

I came home from school to take a nap and had a dream I don't remember much about.

I woke up briefly and tried going back to sleep and then i remembered astral projection and was thinking about trying it.

I begin to fall asleep but at the same time trying to keep my conciousness and leave my body.

I black out, i can't move. I hear really weird pulsing laser like sounds in my head. I am getting static shocks all over my head from my pillow. I am leaving my body but and I think of a destination, my friends house is what first comes to mind. I feel like i am dissolving from my body but I am paralysed and i am panicking, i cant breathe and i think i am dying. I try to regain conciousness as best as i can and use all my effort to gasp for breath and I wake up.

was i on the threshold of leaving my body? and did i ruin it by panicking?

one question i have is: if you leave your body is time stopped?
If not, is your body still breathing while you are gone?

and what were those noises i was hearing and why was i getting shocked?

I seriously thought i was going to suffocate and die.
Old 13-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Experiencer

This could be a near astral projection episode. It can be different for different people. I have experienced very frightening noises associated with astral projection. I have not had where i felt I was suffocating, but think i have heard of that. When i have had a projection, my experience is that my body continues breathing the entire time.

I have not had the getting shocked part, but would not be surprised if that was something to do with being in a near projection state.
Old 13-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Amethyst

Hi Shredzorz!

I’ve experienced the same paralysis when you are conscious and aware that you cannot move or speak and it’s understandable that this can be scary.

The last time it happened to me I remembered some handy advice that I had read in this astral projection section which was to say to yourself, ‘don’t panic just go back to sleep, don’t panic just go back to sleep.’

And it worked a treat! Next thing I knew it was morning.

Hope this might help should you go a travelling again!

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 13-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredzorz
Im new to this and i don't know much on the topic, anyways I think i almost had an OBE today.

I came home from school to take a nap and had a dream I don't remember much about.

I woke up briefly and tried going back to sleep and then i remembered astral projection and was thinking about trying it.

I begin to fall asleep but at the same time trying to keep my conciousness and leave my body.

I black out, i can't move. I hear really weird pulsing laser like sounds in my head. I am getting static shocks all over my head from my pillow. I am leaving my body but and I think of a destination, my friends house is what first comes to mind. I feel like i am dissolving from my body but I am paralysed and i am panicking, i cant breathe and i think i am dying. I try to regain conciousness as best as i can and use all my effort to gasp for breath and I wake up.

was i on the threshold of leaving my body? and did i ruin it by panicking?

yes, you were near leaving the body...the physical body still breathes when you leave, just as it does when you sleep...time does not stop when you leave...the noise you heard, sounds to be the Divine Sound current, it often pulsates as It runs through your being, dont be scared, ride that Sound out, you will have a worthwhile experience...im not sure about the shocks, but they mat well have been trying to let you know that you still have sensations while out of the body...try to remain calm the next time, and rest assured that you will not die, you will be able to return easier than you might think, all it takes is a thought of the body and you will be back in it...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 13-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Alan

Quote:
was i on the threshold of leaving my body?

Yes
Quote:
and did i ruin it by panicking?

Yes.
Quote:

Time is different, but not stopped. It's complicated.
Quote:

The body is a complex and intelligent machine, it knows it needs to breathe. Hence why you continue to breath in your sleep.
Quote:

Split symptoms, you were most likely shocked because it is something new and alien to you at this point. Human nature it is to fear the unknown.
Quote:
You weren't.
Old 13-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Guide
You were experiencing sleep paralysis. It's a common sign
of astral travel.
Old 14-12-2010, 02:21 AM
rus11

Most likely, your next time may not be so confusing and intense. Most importantly, relax. Ask for clarity and lift out.
Old 14-12-2010, 04:08 AM
shredzorz

thanks for all the help guys, im going to try that again and just relax. It was all completely new today and i guess i panicked when I couldn't move or breathe.
Old 14-12-2010, 04:12 AM
rus11

For sure, sleep paralysis is natural and an easy way to project once you recognize it.
Old 15-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Master
shredoz... It helps to remember that the astral body doesn't need to breathe, and when at first we don't have the familiar feeling of breathing it can be scary.

Yes.. relaxing through all the new sensations will take you on out.

I have two suggestions:

* Rather than just working on getting out of the body, which is a beginning phase that some people get stuck in... choose a target spot ahead of time, such as the doorway to your room or some other very familiar place in your house, and once you realize you are separating from your physical body just go to the spot.

* Start reading about astral projection to have more understanding, find methods that work for you, and be prepared for whatever you may experience. And reading about it often inspires it to happen.

Here's a thread on Astral Projection resources where you might begin: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3783

Xan