Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 13-01-2012, 08:51 PM
lil_Jean

Shock vs. Out of Body Experience

As a new member of the forum I haven't been able to introduce much of my past. My life has been a treacherous path of many things. I found this forum looking for information on Twin Souls, but have often asked myself many questions about the things that have happened to me.

When I was 16 years old, I got into a bad car accident. I flew thru a windshield out of a vehicle that flipped three times. The memory of the incident is much like what is described as out of body experience. Everything that happened to me was like watching it happen to someone else. I still to this day have a hard time believing it was me that it happened to. I was helicoptered to a hospital and told I shouldn't have lived thru the incident. My question is where is the line between what your body does to protect yourself and spiritual out of body experiences defined? I couldn't feel my physical pain. I could feel myself go in and out of consciousness but the memory is that of it happening to someone else. There have been other incidents in my life less life threatening but traumatic all the same that have given me the sensation of watching over myself as the situations unfolds; for example when I stood by and watched my house burn down at age 19.
Old 13-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Master

I think I have read something about how in traumatic experiences, the mind shields itself by disconnecting itself from the body, at least in the way that the brain stops reading the nerve signals or emotions it receive? You just record the visual input and that is it.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Aset90

OBE and trauma

Absolutey understand what you're saying.

In 2005 I was sent to the Er after I suddenly started bleeding from my nether regions. It was at night, I had been at my HS volleyball game. I had had sex for the first time earlier that day. I thought, this must not be from my experience ebrcause it's been at least 6 hours.

I lost 4 pints of blood in an hour. .01% of people bleed profusely from tearing something in their V. I of course, was one of them. I died twice...once for one minute and the next for 30seconds. The first time, I vividly remember my oBE. It was stunningly white, I was naked and walking towards a bare tree. That's it. I woke up to my mom cooing next to me.

I was supposed to die 2 other times. I guess I'm supposed to be here for something
Old 14-02-2012, 06:38 AM
raffertya

This is called NDE-Near Death Experience

You need to understand that in all cases where there is a sudden anything that can be life threatening to the body, which is the house of the Soul, the Soul takes flight. It is not disconnected, it just gets out of the body until it knows if the body is going to survive. The life-line of the Soul attaches at the navel and can detach if life force ceases. When there is no breath coming in for life force to continue, the life-line dissolves and the Soul floats back to its home base in Heaven. If you do not believe in Heaven, you should after these type of experiences. The experiences are given to you to give the Soul a means of advancing closer to God. That is what it came to Earth for, to grow in knowledge of, and become a steward for, God.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 PM
runningwithbutterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I think I have read something about how in traumatic experiences, the mind shields itself by disconnecting itself from the body, at least in the way that the brain stops reading the nerve signals or emotions it receive? You just record the visual input and that is it.

Does it follow then that if you have a visual for something, like a past life or childhood memory, but you cannot feel any emotion connected to it, that it is traumatic? Just a thought... Or maybe it just means you don't remember ;)
Old 05-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Ascender

First things first, I feel much compassion for the trauma and treachery you've shared with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_Jean
My question is where is the line between what your body does to protect yourself and spiritual out of body experiences defined?

Your accounts of psychological shock, sound to me as something that remains very much an in-body experience, even though it's a dulled one. In an out-of-body experience, everything can continue to feel strange and vivid. You might lose some physical senses which you are used to, but rather than being forced to work with what is left, you will also have a lot of other senses opened up. It's an experience, rather than a defense against an experience.