Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Change

Cat What happens to our pets when they die?

Hi ....I am new to this forum. This is my very first thread. This afternoon we lost our beloved cream persian, Bailey. he was 9 years old and has shared my pillow every night for all but the first few weeks of his life. We are devastated. We have lost cats and been heartbroken before, but this is the first loss of a pet we have had since becoming spiritual. Whilst I am pretty sure I know what happens to us when we pass from this life I have no idea what happens to our pets. Please.... can anyone tell me where Bailey is and what is happening to him?

Thank you
Old 23-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Master
Hi;
Recently, in the past four months, we lost three of our cats, one being a four month old kitten. We don't have children so they are our children. I belive fully that they go to heaven. I've had dreams about two of them at the same time and both were in a field playing, I was hovering above them and I was watching them play and I realized and said to myself in my dream "they're in heaven they're okay"
There is a great poem called "The Rainbow Bridge" which I suggest you google and read.
I'm so sorry for your loss. You will be grieving for a while and don't be ashamed to grieve just because it's a 'cat' some people can be very mean and not understanding when they say "what's her problem it was just a cat"
I'm sorry for your loss, I know truly how you are feeling right now
Spiritlite
Old 23-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Master
I've owned many cats over the years, usually one at a time, but one time we owned two, a bro and a sis. Fluffy, the bro, was my Best cat ever, and he passed away at age 14 in December of 2008 or 9. I had a young cat once, and he was killed by a car in front of our home. He's the first animal/pet that I swore I saw his little spirit jump up on my desk while working at home ~ I saw that happen about 3 or 4 times and 'felt' his presence at night when I'd go to bed, he'd lay near my arm. So, I tend to believe strongly that they have souls.
Old 23-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Master
OH yes they do have souls too I believe. Usually when any of my cats die I can feel them, like one time I swear I saw an outline of my Mama cat I had to put down a few weeks ago and I went to pet it thinking it was another cat but my hand just went through the image. I told her thankyou and that it was okay for her to go to the light.
Spiritlite
Old 23-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Guide
Animals go to a different place than people. It's called the oversoul.
Old 23-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Master
can you explain the oversoul?
I'd love to know more about that.
Spiritlite
Old 23-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Change

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Hi;
Recently, in the past four months, we lost three of our cats, one being a four month old kitten. We don't have children so they are our children. I belive fully that they go to heaven. I've had dreams about two of them at the same time and both were in a field playing, I was hovering above them and I was watching them play and I realized and said to myself in my dream "they're in heaven they're okay"
There is a great poem called "The Rainbow Bridge" which I suggest you google and read.
I'm so sorry for your loss. You will be grieving for a while and don't be ashamed to grieve just because it's a 'cat' some people can be very mean and not understanding when they say "what's her problem it was just a cat"
I'm sorry for your loss, I know truly how you are feeling right now
Spiritlite

Thank you so much for your fast response. it is good to talk to people that understand what the loss of a much loved pet means. I have two adult children but my cats have always been my "permanent babies". Every one of our losses has been a very real bereavement. I don't understand people who say "its just a cat" He was just a cat but he was a unique loving little creature with his own distinct personality. He had "attitude" was tough but very loving. He had his own distinctive little purr which lulled me to sleep every night. I hope I do dream about him or have a visit from him to let me know he is in heaven and that we will be together again when the time comes.

Thank you everyone. Thanks for listening.

God Bless

Change
Old 24-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Master
Change no problem I'm glad I could offer some comfort from my experiences.
Spiritlite.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Cherub T

My bunny is really weak just now. I was at the vets today, but i couldn't bear to let him go. I brought him home and he's been eating his greens, but i know there is no way back for him. I'm so upset and i don't know what to do. It's so hard for us all, especially when you are sensitive. Blessings to you all x
Old 04-11-2010, 01:46 AM
Knower
I believe that they cross over to the other side/Heaven/spirit world. Sometimes they may reincarnate. I had a dream a while back of my late dog running around a heavenly field young and vibrant. There are quite a few books on Animals and the after life. You might do a amazon search and see if you can either get the books or find them in your library.