Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Deactivated Account

hello seahorse, good questions. You just know, when it is a relative or close one who is speaking to you, difficult to describe. The way they talk to you, using similar phrases they used before, perhaps you will notice a particular scent... for example the perfume your grandma used to wear, or the scent of cigar smoke if a relative smoked cigars. You will feel their presence.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Deactivated Account

hi ellespirit,

It is different for each person, in regards to dealing with grief and losing someone they love. Some people have longer grieving periods of time, some have shorter. Some people want to continue the communication after a person has passed over, some just let go.

I believe that if someone, your father for example, is still with you it is his choice to do so. I am not totally convinced on the idea that we are holding someone back, by wanting to communicate with them. Maybe this is not exactly what you mean with your questions ? In some cases, yes it is probably better to let go, if it is preventing you from living your life.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

ps NS ~ speaking of " one foot here, one foot there "..... this is how I feel sometimes

Expect Miracles !

Old 17-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi ellespirit,

It is different for each person, in regards to dealing with grief and losing someone they love. Some people have longer grieving periods of time, some have shorter. Some people want to continue the communication after a person has passed over, some just let go.

I believe that if someone, your father for example, is still with you it is his choice to do so. I am not totally convinced on the idea that we are holding someone back, by wanting to communicate with them. Maybe this is not exactly what you mean with your questions ? In some cases, yes it is probably better to let go, if it is preventing you from living your life.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

ps NS ~ speaking of " one foot here, one foot there "..... this is how I feel sometimes

Hi DS
Do you mean you feel as though you have one foot each side, or that you are experiencing the same with a loved one?
Old 17-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Deactivated Account

actually it is DA, but I can answer to DS too

it is me that feels like I have one foot here and one foot on the other side at times. I have a friend in spirit that I communicate with and at times it seems like I can just reach thru the veil and reach his hand. I guess if I can feel this way, then he must be able to do the same, reach thru to communicate with me

Expect Miracles !

Old 17-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Master
Quote:
actually it is DA, but I can answer to DS too

it is me that feels like I have one foot here and one foot on the other side at times. I have a friend in spirit that I communicate with and at times it seems like I can just reach thru the veil and reach his hand. I guess if I can feel this way, then he must be able to do the same, reach thru to communicate with me

A thousand apologies. I have stereo going here. Partner background chatting while I'm trying to concentrate typing lol...equal time ya know

mmm...i do believe we are more veiled then spirit because we have many distractions. Do you feel comfortable with one foot here and one there?
Old 17-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Deactivated Account

no problem, no apologies necessary ~ I figured you were talking to me

I think of the veil as like a curtain, seperating us ~ sometimes the curtain is thin, sometimes it feels like heavy velvet. Yes, I do feel comfortable, it is a very nice feeling a little floaty perhaps, like maybe I need some grounding... I wish it happened more often.

Expect Miracles !

Old 17-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Master
no probs

I understand what you're saying, but in earnest i ask you, are we meant to be in that state of euphoria more then we are grounded into life? We only get one bite of the cherry. Isn't that worth dealing more with what we have in front of us and allowing the rest to take care of itself as it sees fit?
Old 17-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Deactivated Account

I am not quite sure I understand your question. Are we only allowed for example, one moment to experience this - reaching beyond the veil ?

I have a feeling that once we experience this we want more experiences like this, I must confess, yes I do want more. I want to see my friend, I know they can appear but it takes a lot to do so, I want them to visit in a dream. There are times when I don't want to be grounded in reality here... I am not saying I want to give it up, like some who want to just leave the earth for whatever reasons. I just want both. I believe there is a reason we are still communicating, just couldn't tell you what the reason is. Probably very simply, he misses me !

Quote:
We only get one bite of the cherry. Isn't that worth dealing more with what we have in front of us and allowing the rest to take care of itself as it sees fit?
not sure I understand this part ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 17-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Master
Quote:
I am not quite sure I understand your question. Are we only allowed for example, one moment to experience this - reaching beyond the veil ?

I have a feeling that once we experience this we want more experiences like this, I must confess, yes I do want more. I want to see my friend, I know they can appear but it takes a lot to do so, I want them to visit in a dream. There are times when I don't want to be grounded in reality here... I am not saying I want to give it up, like some who want to just leave the earth for whatever reasons. I believe there is a reason we are still communicating, just couldn't tell you what the reason is. Probably very simply, he misses me !

[i] not sure I understand this part ?

Its really not for me to say it should be any particular way...that would be ignorant and arrogant of me to think i have the answers. I do believe we create our realities as we see fit to in each given moment. If this is your reality then so be it. Who am I to question it? Maybe its more that you miss him? Our human nature is to form attachments. We perceive and so there it is! Attachment is not just about collecting objects or persons...its also about everything we perceive as being solid in this world...eg...that's a wall, these are stairs, that's a vehicle.

As for 'one bite of the cherry'. I was referring to this life, this time round. There's only one DA aka DS lol...enjoy it in its fullest while you can...the rest will still be there when your time is done.
Old 17-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Deactivated Account

oh I am not suggesting you have the answers or that I have the answers, I am just saying how it is for me. Each person is different, and yes I do miss him too.

Expect Miracles !