Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-05-2011, 12:29 AM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I was really surprised and shocked that their are billboards that have this. That someone would allow the billboards to be put up... Then I thought it could be possible that the owners of the billboards believe it to be true.

No, more likely scenario is that the billboard owners have no problem separating fools from their money.
Old 23-05-2011, 03:54 AM
Coming2

So I see that we are all well and alive!! Evidently the guy who preached this decided sometime around 1PM that he had the dates wrong. Go figure!! Like I told HappilyHannah...my daughter....this guy has been predicting these end of the world scenarios for a while now. The fact of the matter is that no one will ever really know when God will come back. If our planet survives the endless wars and fighting, mass destruction of natural resources and live through widespread disease we might finally become the peaceful society that the Bible spoke about....I am of the mindset that some time...way in the future...we will be a world of peace, love and understanding. It might take some major destruction for that to happen but I truly believe that someday we will get there.

Light and Love!!
Old 23-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Ascender
I've always found it amusing that these people take the Bible so literally. It's like some blond hairded, blue eyed, Middle Eastern dude is going to reenter the Earth's atmosphere riding a Space Harley tagging people saying "Rapture!".

I've always thought it was kinda backwards... it's not literally Jesus that has to come back to us 'cause his message never left, we have to find our way back to his message of love. Be it through Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Hinduism, Wicca, Paganism, Islam or whatever works for you, if we would all find our way back to living through Love, then imagine the peaceful society that would emerge. Of course, that's just me.

Now pardon me whilst I go shopping for my Space Harley.

Peace!
Old 23-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Neville

Whilst I fully accept that the faithful may well be seen to be gullible and that Harold Camping might well be both enigmatic, inspirational and possibly hypnotic in his demeanour.

Imagine then how crest fallen these devout believers must by now surely be feeling . The gravity of having ones faith let down so conclusively must surely be most devastating. I rather feel a deal of compassion and sympathy for all those that were sucked into this pantomime.

Oh and by way of personal opinion , I think those that have Jesus in their hearts will most probably feel that his spirit never left and therefore has no need to return.
Old 23-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Whilst I fully accept that the faithful may well be seen to be gullible and that Harold Camping might well be both enigmatic, inspirational and possibly hypnotic in his demeanour.

Imagine then how crest fallen these devout believers must by now surely be feeling . The gravity of having ones faith let down so conclusively must surely be most devastating. I rather feel a deal of compassion and sympathy for all those that were sucked into this pantomime.

Oh and by way of personal opinion , I think those that have Jesus in their hearts will most probably feel that his spirit never left and therefore has no need to return.

Nah Neville, this is the interwebz, their feelings don't matter here. Who cares if some people were scared out of their gourds or faithfully awaiting something they believed with all their hearts would happen. We should mock them, call them gullible, stupid, sheep, and anything else we think we can get away with. Sympathy has no place on the internet.
(That was sarcasm for those who need it explained.)

Last edited by Scibat : 23-05-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 23-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville

I can't even imagine what it feels like, or what they are going through. Some have been said to have given up their homes, jobs, bank accounts, everything for this rapture to happen. Then have to face the reality that nothing happened. It must be heart wrenching to be in those shoes. Let alone to have the strength to bounce back from that will be a feat to say the least.

I don't think there is anything that can be said to them to ease what they are going through at this time.
Old 23-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Master
Here is a cool site about predictions from the past http://www.paleofuture.com/
Old 23-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I can't even imagine what it feels like, or what they are going through. Some have been said to have given up their homes, jobs, bank accounts, everything for this rapture to happen. Then have to face the reality that nothing happened. It must be heart wrenching to be in those shoes. Let alone to have the strength to bounce back from that will be a feat to say the least.

I don't think there is anything that can be said to them to ease what they are going through at this time.

My heart goes out for those who take the bible and certain preachers literally but shock and awe works sometimes. It seems that something like this may have been unfortunately necessary to help break the hold this type of religion has on many.
My hope is that those affected in any way do not settle for some excuse why nothing happened instead of looking within.
Here’s hoping………
James
Old 23-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Master
and some are still standing out there like waiting for that proverbial bus to pull up, like it's a little late, but it'll be here, not wanting to swallow their pride and admit it was a bit of a long shot...sad when the magic is to be found inside of us.

Old 23-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
My heart goes out for those who take the bible and certain preachers literally but shock and awe works sometimes. It seems that something like this may have been unfortunately necessary to help break the hold this type of religion has on many.
My hope is that those affected in any way do not settle for some excuse why nothing happened instead of looking within.
Here’s hoping………
James

That was one of the things I was saying. That events like this can, in the long run, do damage to the Religion, or belief. But in the same vein that can also be an eye opener to help the person that got caught up to question their beliefs and even look other places.

The only downside being in shoes like this usually it's when faith becomes lost.