Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-12-2018, 02:28 AM
Newbie ;)

My energies attract the opposites

Since my very childhood I remember attracting things I don't want and pushing away things I want. For about a year I've been trying to use the law of attraction, and as real as it is, it works only in opposites. E.g. I try and desire to gain speed on the guitar, yet it doesn't happen if I desire it too much. Or I really wish to be friendly, but only end up pushing people away.
I've also tried to live in celibacy, aka NoFap, with the premise of retaining my energy to become more confident, becoming productive and to have a magnetic personality. The opposite only happened. I became more insecure and started repulsing people. Only when I got out of celibacy and started to exert my sexual energy again, I got more confident, got more productive and got more attention from people.
It's good that I know how the law of attraction works in my case because I can attract something by imagining the opposite.
But I just wonder why my energies work in the opposite ways like this and not like it does for everybody else.
Old 26-12-2018, 09:35 AM
Lorelyen

Basically I think LoA is a con for various reasons, one of which it doesn't obviate doubt which is probably why you seem to be attracting opposites. Another is it pretends you don't need the physical effort to accomplish physical things in this physical world. Jump on the bandwagon with the word 'manifest' and some entity in the universe waves a magic want and...hey, presto! It's yours!
Umm... it doesn't work like that.

You speak of playing the guitar. It may be better to look for a method to increase speed, strength and finger-independence. (I play piano. During my teenage one of my teachers introduced me to the "Cowling System" which is done away from the keyboard and needs 20 minutes per day. But, oh boy, did it work?!) Guitar may be different - I don't play one so I don't know - but additionally with many instruments you have to be able to visualise yourself performing as you'd like to perform. It not only helps with the analytics of how you approach practice but assures you it's possible as you converge on your vision. LoA lets you pretend you're up for it now.

No amount of LoA is going to make up for the prolonged practice you may need. It won't develop your strength and agility. It's a bit like wanting a nice body but clinging to a belief you have one already rather than getting diet and exercise right. But...visualise your target body, affirm that you'll achieve it and over time your behavour will start to change in subtle ways toward achieving it.

LoA is good in situations where you can fake it 'til you make it! Know you have what you want to be within you - now you need the work to get it done.

The other issue - friendship - getting on with people. Frankly Dale Carnegie's famous book, half a century old now, is worth more than ten books from some of these LoA charlatans. My riposte is usually 'Ok, I want to be a brain surgeon. So I truly believe I'm one. Risible. I turn up at the local hospital with my while coat and Dremel drill... Oh dear me! They're bound to let me tinker with someone's brain! But...you've halfway analysed one of your problems rightly in my view - celibacy isn't a natural state. Go down an unnatural route without knowing what your deeper objectives are and you'll hit problems. You've been given energies in several forms. Trying to store them up rather than use them for their intended purpose, trying to divert them for some assumed spiritual purpose and, sure, you won't get the benefit of their ordinary use. In the situation you mention, you can't expect to gain confidence if you suppress the very energy that promotes it.

Anyway, it's Boxing Day. I face the intriguing prospect of the day with my b/f's parents. Gonna be rather interesting as they were a bit frosty with me last time I met them. Can they cope? Let's hope so.

So in case our paths don't cross again before... all the best for the New Year and your musical endeavours.
Old 26-12-2018, 11:25 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoclassicalGuitar
I try and desire to gain speed on the guitar, yet it doesn't happen if I desire it too much. Or I really wish to be friendly, but only end up pushing people away.
The LoA is a crock in that the people who try and use it don't actually understand what's going on and they concentrate on what they desire without thinking about anything other than what they want. That's akin to greed.

The LoA is working just fine for you, but what you're not doing is spending time working out what's going on here and realising what you're vibrating with. If you really, really desire it then you vibrate at really, really lacking. If you wish to be friendly then you're telling yourself you're not friendly enough. That's two things wrong with you. What are the reasons you want to gain speed at the guitar? So you can be a rock god and win the respect of your peers and a cheering audience? Or do you think you're not good enough or do you just want the easy way to fame and fortune?

Desire is not a vibration, it's a 'symptom'.