Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-07-2011, 09:47 AM
not human

Feelings of Death

Hi may I please pick your brains on this. Just over a year ago & feeling blocked in my meditation practice I released a prayer, of what I would call intent.

The basis of the prayer was that I would handle & confront everything necessay in order to awaken from the illusions that I've lived with all my life if the spiritual universe sees fit to let me enter into the process.

The answer was a resounding YES. Long story short was to strap myself in cause the trip got real bumpy, but what I wanted to address in this thread was the first experience that come upon me. Within days of making the prayer I was overcome by an incredibly strong feeling of death. I initially took this very personally & believed that it pertained to my own life eg health & fitness. I did what I could to clean up my act but the thoughts continued to persist.

The feelings continued for about 6 weeks until I got a call to say my mum had died. They then left & were promptly replaced with grief & anxiety.

Initially I felt the feelings were there as a premonition of sorts pertaining to my mothers death. Over the course of the last year though my feelings have changed & I now feel that they might have more to do with a death of the self or a death of illusions.

I'm flying blind here & hoping that someone might have some experience with this as it did feel incredibly strong & significant. Thanks
Old 12-07-2011, 12:08 PM
MYFIGO

Sorry for the loss of your Mother. You describe a very deep and profound experience without even going through the loss of someone so dear. I can feel it just reading your message.

I have experienced something similar but not as a conscious choice. I'm wondering if the experience is not so much a feeling of death itself, but that we are only who we are... not what we own or what we do for a living or who we are in the life relationship. Perhaps it is a feeling of being stripped down bare and being allowed to see ourselves, something that most of us only face at death when we are forced to depart from all the false sense of identity we assume in our earthly life.
Old 15-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Experiencer
Hey Not-Human,

Your experience is actually fairly common.

I think that so often when these feeling occur they are signaling "death" of an old way of living..

Or re-birth of a new perspective.

Here is a funny/freaky story.

A few years ago some friends gave me a deck of "animal prophesy" cards, or something like that.
All these cards with different animals and you drew em like with tarot,
then read what it meant in a little book.

I have a pretty close link with the unconscious and long ago made a policy of only pulling cards once a year...
That was about all I could deal with...took me that long to ... process all the info.

Anyway they gave me this deck and one night I decided to pull some cards.

I shuffled the deck and pulled a card.

It was blank.
OK, must be the extra for when you lose one.

so I set that blank card aside and shuffled and pulled another...
It was blank...

What the heck?
OK, must have been two blank cards.

I set that one with the other one, shuffled... and pulled another card.

It was also Blank..

Holy **** !!!

I was gettin a little bit paranoid now.

OK, shuffled again, pulled a card..
It was blank.

Well I did this 5 times, each time I pulled a blank card.

I checked the deck.... there were no more blanks.

Must have just been 5

Can you imagine the odds.... ? I should have run out and played Megabucks..

I was totally freaked out

My future was Blank.

I thought sure I was going to die soon.

I mean really, pulling 5 blank cards from a shuffled deck, I figured the Universe was making a pretty bold point.

Well I had a friend who was one of the top "Psychics" in the world.

She was Studied by the freakin government when she was a kid so they could try to figure out some chemical responsible for all her abilities (she's in hiding now)

Anyway I called her up, told her what happened .... Asked her if I was going to die soon.

She assured me I wasn't, but that a Major change was coming....

(which it did)...

I think your feeling was a lot like pulling the "Death" card in Tarot.

Doesn't mean you are going to die...

But go through some major changes....

No worries.

Besides that Dying is quite the experience once you get past that short little bit of pain if there is any.
Old 15-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Hi may I please pick your brains on this. Just over a year ago & feeling blocked in my meditation practice I released a prayer, of what I would call intent.

The basis of the prayer was that I would handle & confront everything necessay in order to awaken from the illusions that I've lived with all my life if the spiritual universe sees fit to let me enter into the process.

The answer was a resounding YES. Long story short was to strap myself in cause the trip got real bumpy, but what I wanted to address in this thread was the first experience that come upon me. Within days of making the prayer I was overcome by an incredibly strong feeling of death. I initially took this very personally & believed that it pertained to my own life eg health & fitness. I did what I could to clean up my act but the thoughts continued to persist.

The feelings continued for about 6 weeks until I got a call to say my mum had died. They then left & were promptly replaced with grief & anxiety.

Initially I felt the feelings were there as a premonition of sorts pertaining to my mothers death. Over the course of the last year though my feelings have changed & I now feel that they might have more to do with a death of the self or a death of illusions.

I'm flying blind here & hoping that someone might have some experience with this as it did feel incredibly strong & significant. Thanks

It sounds like you have a connection with your mother and you picked up on that mystery....but then over time your mind is trying to make it into something else.
Of course, I could be wrong..
i had a strong connection to a hospice patient of mine for 4 months and when she died i dreamed that she came to say goodbye......4 hours before she died!
James
Old 15-07-2011, 11:55 PM
not human

Thanks Jeff thats a heck of a story. You are right once you get past the apparency of the experience there is a more subtle message underneath. Knowing this really doesnt affect the outcome it just seems to herald in a new chapter. Thanks
Old 19-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Coming2

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing someone so important in our lives is never easy and the grief can often be overwhelming. I would have to agree with everything that has been said. You having the feelings of death before your mum passed could be pre cog recognition and you sensed it long before it happened. The feelings you continue to have really is about a rebirth after your prayer for a new way of living. You have shed your old skin and replaced it with a more spiritually aware being and sometimes we can even grieve that loss. Anytime you loss a part of yourself, whether good or bad, you can go through a process of letting go that feels like a death. Call it a death of the Ego, if you will. You will be in my prayers and I wish you all the best....

Light and Love!!
Old 19-07-2011, 10:18 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing someone so important in our lives is never easy and the grief can often be overwhelming. I would have to agree with everything that has been said. You having the feelings of death before your mum passed could be pre cog recognition and you sensed it long before it happened. The feelings you continue to have really is about a rebirth after your prayer for a new way of living. You have shed your old skin and replaced it with a more spiritually aware being and sometimes we can even grieve that loss. Anytime you loss a part of yourself, whether good or bad, you can go through a process of letting go that feels like a death. Call it a death of the Ego, if you will. You will be in my prayers and I wish you all the best....

Light and Love!!
Thank you Coming2 for your compassionate words. Yes intuitivly thats exactly what it feels like to me. I imagine the experience is a way of heralding the coming changes. Love
Old 04-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Chalk1990

Those who are lost, were never really lost to begin with. I say celebrate a death as a time where that individual made it to the other side, and is in the best hands it could ever be in (God). We may mourn their temporary detachment from our lives, but we shall all be united again.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Coming2

Your very welcome!! If you like to read I would suggest getting some books written by Carl Jung. His perception and interpretation of Ego and the death of Ego is very powerful and I feel very relative to what you are experiencing right now.....

Light and Love!