Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-02-2018, 06:29 AM
Pathfinder

Question Asking the lord for help

Hi all,

I'm usually a bit of a fence sitter when i comes to believing in anything. I cross over between thinking a spirit (or God) could be out there, and thinking that there isn't. I've been having a tough time lately due to workplace bullying (thankfully left that place recently) and I've been asking for help in my mind - I'm not sure to whom, but I feel like if I focus on the thought, it seems to help a bit. Does that make sense to anyone?

What do you all do when you need help - pray? I've never really prayed as I'm not religious at all. Just thinking about all of this recently I guess.

Thanks guys
Old 03-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricalsnowflake11
Hi all,

I'm usually a bit of a fence sitter when i comes to believing in anything. I cross over between thinking a spirit (or God) could be out there, and thinking that there isn't. I've been having a tough time lately due to workplace bullying (thankfully left that place recently) and I've been asking for help in my mind - I'm not sure to whom, but I feel like if I focus on the thought, it seems to help a bit. Does that make sense to anyone?

What do you all do when you need help - pray? I've never really prayed as I'm not religious at all. Just thinking about all of this recently I guess.

Thanks guys

God helps those who help themselves, by leaving your workplace you have helped yourself 😀 .Bully's are sad people deep down inside as they need to make others suffer to feel good about themselves, best to ignore them because you take away their power if you can but sometimes you need to move away from them as their toxic energy makes your life miserable.
I personally don't pray either but I do connect to God/source/spirit or whatever you choose through contemplation /meditation, focusing on thoughts ( as long as they are good ones) is a good thing and can take you to deeper levels, focusing on bad thoughts are a waste of energy. Find something that suits you, if it enhances your life then it has to be good.
We all come from the same place and will return to that place regardless, how you live your life inbetween is what matters.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:33 PM
Experiencer

symmetrical-I pray to the Lord-it doesn't matter if you are or not religious-call out for help from him-he cares about you-I know life has a way of making us question God-but please dive him a chance-God cares about you even if you are a fence sitter.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:22 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Hi all,

unless you're asking for help from yourself, or there was someone with you who you were asking. then you do in some way, even if it's a little believe in God. as one here said, give him a chance, but you must get to know him AND his Son Jesus! many humans on earth at one time either didn't believed. or refuse to believe and worship the ONLY true God and Jesus. as Jesus said it would mean our lives ,(John 17:3 And this is the way to have eternal lifeā€”to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth).

but now that do, they have learn from just looking at creation and thinking. that all this had to have come by something more than just "evolution". Jehovah God and Jesus knows all of us, better than we think!... we know ourselves. understand... think we can direct our own footsteps, but we can't. whenever we try, we often jack ourselves up. then of course we blame God.

but satan can and does control us, if we refuse to allow Jehovah Holy spirit in. satan even tried to attack Jesus, trying to get Jesus to worship him instead of his Father. but Jesus basically told him to step! satan knows he's going top be destroyed, (Rev. 12:12), and he's trying to take as many of us with him as he can. from experience i can truly say Jehovah God and Jesus had been with me trough trying times. and have answered so many of my prayers.

Jehovah sent his Son ,(John 3:16,17), so that we may be saved. and he didn't say I'm ONLY trying to save the ones who believes in me. true it's hard to believe in God for some, look at how messed up the world ,(people), are. but Jehovah and Jesus will soon do away with anyone who causes heartaches and trouble ,demons are included. soon there wil be peace on earth, and no one would have to worry again about bullies and wickedness ,(Psa. 37:9-11). peace
Old 05-02-2018, 02:27 AM
Master
Jesus had said not to be repetitive as God knows your need even before you ask.

I once was praying about what charity I should give to, as there were so many out there!
I was both praying, and meditating with the Lord on this. When I came to my conclusion and decision, I was shortly rewarded, signaling heaven's approval.

A prayer can be as short and simple as on a plaque I have...
"A Dieter's Prayer...
'Help me God!' "

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-02-2018, 09:10 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks for your thoughts everyone! It helps a lot.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:15 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks guys

Jesus taught all how to pray properly---Our Father who art in heaven.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:10 PM
Master

Prayer is talking to God. If you want him to listen to you, you should be willing to listen to him. He has revealed himself through the Bible. I recommend that you spend some time reading and thinking about the Bible before praying.