Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 26-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Master
B12

Just read a few things here and there and are people a little concerned about getting enough B12?

Brewers yeast has tons of B12 in it and it's quite tasty stuff. Put it in a smoothy with milk and yoghurt, with maybe spirulina if you wanna be flash, and basically you're covered.

Brewers yeast is what they take outta beer after brewing so, given the amount of beer in society, it's cheap and plentiful.
Old 26-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Master
Where do you get fresh brewers yeast from though? I suppose you could grow your own.

I buy fresh bread yeast it cost about 20p for 50g , behind the counter at the bakery section of supermarket.
Old 26-03-2012, 11:18 AM
iolite

Lewis Laboratories has a brewers yeast made off of sugar beets and it is yummy! Brewers yeast is different from bread yeast.
Old 26-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Master
I just use a b12 spray occasionally. It lets me eat non carb stuff for weight control and convenience. I eat spirulina too as a health thing

Its yukky stuff - powdered pond slime lol. You gotta have tablets so you taste it in limited ways.

this is mine at home.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...g/5c882f3c.jpg
Old 26-03-2012, 11:58 AM
amy green

Lightbulb

If you want to take more Vit B12 it's best to take a Vitamin B complex since all the B vitamins interact together, i.e. just taking one B vitamin can cause an imbalance in the others. (Have 'studied' nutrition for over 40 years now).

Also, brewers yeast is fine so long as you don't have a yeast-induced condition, e.g. athletes foot, thrush, candida - it will worsen these disorders! Just thought this might be worth mentioning.
Old 26-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Master
I agree lightworker, but if it tastes that bad, it can't be good - and like amy says, take B-complex - that really helps stress, too.

Old 26-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
If you want to take more Vit B12 it's best to take a Vitamin B complex since all the B vitamins interact together, i.e. just taking one B vitamin can cause an imbalance in the others. (Have 'studied' nutrition for over 40 years now).

Also, brewers yeast is fine so long as you don't have a yeast-induced condition, e.g. athletes foot, thrush, candida - it will worsen these disorders! Just thought this might be worth mentioning.
thats good stuff I take that if i am stressed but try to gain B group vitamins through lots of fresh natural foods and just supplement b12 occasionally since your body doesn't need lots of it. I dont like eating meat so I do that. The spray bottle is not disgusting like a steak. I like it much better. :)
Old 26-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Master
I forgot to say, I use a liquid - just 1 or 2 squirts from a dropper into a small glass of water (B-complex).

Old 26-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green

Yes it seems it just isn't as simple as people think. I remember studying about B12 and what I found was a lot of controversy and some was related to just what you said. how it interacts with other things.
Thanks for sharing from your studies. This is not something to mess with. It can cause havoc.

James
Old 26-03-2012, 01:01 PM
iolite

I take a b12 supplement because my levels are low. I take the methylcobalamin form in a sublingual tablet (1mg 2x day). There is another form of b12 that is sold (cyanocobalamin) and it must be converted to methylcobalamin by the body in order for to be any use.