Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 02-11-2019, 11:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Can a human be a guide?

Having gone through the biggest change in my life recently, I find myself rediscovering and reawakening my spirituality that had shut down over a decade ago.
At the very beginning of this new chapter in my life, an old friend who is very spiritual and has been absent from my life for many years, has returned and is now guiding and helping me with many aspects of this rediscovery.
I find the timing of her return to be more than just coincidence, we used to be each others spiritual catalysts where as our abilities were heightened when we were around each other.
Now, in my time of spiritual need, she turns up.
I don't know much about spirit guides or angels, or how they work.
Is it possible that there is a spirit guide working through her, or maybe that she's been nudged in my direction when I needed it the most?

Any feedback or personal experiences along these lines would be insightful.

Love to all.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:26 AM
Experiencer
In short, I believe so. Generally spirit guides refer to non-physically-alive entities or sometimes physically alive non-humans (like animals), and living human guides are generally called spiritual teachers. Regardless of their physical state, I've experienced humans as both. I wouldn't be able to tell you whether there's a guide working through her or something else going on, but I know guides can work in funny ways; when I was working with crystals, it would sometimes happen that I was strongly drawn to a particular crystal, only to find out later it had just done that so it could move on to someone I was in contact with.

Other guides I've had come in physical form, leave objects, drawn my attention (like specifically noticing a sign that I would otherwise not notice), dreams, etc. But I do notice they tend to use things that specifically speak to the individual; in my case, I relate best to birds, and my guides are often in that department and use that imagery. A Christian may get guides that draw them to angels or Jesus, a Wiccan may notice cats or dragons; things that are in the "language" of their charge, so to speak. It wouldn't do well for a guide to use a snake to talk to a devout Catholic for example, since it may be misinterpreted and not be able to relay its message properly. In your case, it's possible that they would work with the woman you have the most spiritual history and knowledge with.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."