Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 15-08-2011, 08:30 AM
green

same cards, different decks (tarot cards)

and what about the meaning? is it the same? what do you think?

if one looks at the books then it all sound the same, and sure you can apply the general tarot book on any deck ( not sure if this is true but this is the question really).
but what if you use more intuition the formal-books definition?

for example: 10 of swords: waite deck and the llewellyn deck. these 2 decks look more or less alike, but on the waite deck the swords are stub into the body while on the llewellyn deck the swords are around the person, as if on the waite the person got a direct hit while on the other deck it was close but after a good rest all will be ok and it is more emotionally (everything around is blue and water).
i mean it is allmost the same but not the same.

so same card different decks =different meaning?

and yes i know that when doing an intuitive reading, same card same deck can have different meanings as you see different things in the cards but normally you do not get opposites meanings.

any thoughts on the subject are more then wellcome.

G
Old 15-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Master
10 of Swords in Sacred Circle. Nine swords plus one which fades in and out, slashing at the nine.. No people in card at all but an owl flies overhead.
Owl is a significant animal in many paths,faiths so is relevant.
The key word for the card is Disillusion. Self-honesty also figures heavily.

Intuition has a field day on this card. The background is rich in Brit. mythology.
Old 15-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Hez0405

I really need to ask athy what deck of cards she got, she showed me them online and they were beautiful :(
Old 15-08-2011, 12:52 PM
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
10 of Swords in Sacred Circle. Nine swords plus one which fades in and out, slashing at the nine.. No people in card at all but an owl flies overhead.
Owl is a significant animal in many paths,faiths so is relevant.
The key word for the card is Disillusion. Self-honesty also figures heavily.

Intuition has a field day on this card. The background is rich in Brit. mythology.

here you go norse, your 10 of swords is also slightly different from the waite deck, and i'm sure it is not the only card which is not the same. both in major and minor cards.

G
Old 15-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Neville

Interestingly, I do note a disparity regarding the 7 of Coins in the Cosmic deck as it points to an ostensibly very poor harvest where as other decks seem to show a person raking it in :)
Old 15-08-2011, 02:36 PM
green

yes neville, i do believe there are differences and i'm not sure what it really means? is there a true meaning, an absolute one? each deck has its own meaning?
it is easy while a reading, because the card gets its meaning from the reading, at least i do an intuitive readings, but when i try to analyze it or look at different decks and cards not while reading, where or what is the meaning? and is it the same one? personally i'm not sure..but i'm asking around.

G
Old 15-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Interestingly, I do note a disparity regarding the 7 of Coins in the Cosmic deck as it points to an ostensibly very poor harvest where as other decks seem to show a person raking it in :)

7 of DISCS ! key word Prudence. Also, the different name of the suit - all the images are actually shields, so different slant from there too. Background has to be seen to be believed !
Old 15-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Eelco

gee whiz I dunno....

My thought would be does a card have an innate meaning or do we give it meaning. In my view i feel we give it meaning thus the feeling of a deck hat resonates. As the images sort of relate to the way our subconscious processes information. The last few reading I did I looked up the cards on a website with the 78 doors deck.
just because the imagery seems to make more sense to me.
(I bought the deck the other day) yeah...

What comes up as a question to this though....
Given the same question. would 2 tarot'ists with different decks draw different cards to get the same result?

With Love
Eelco
Old 15-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Neville

Quote:
7 of DISCS !

Oh Disks, Pentacles, Deniers, Coins , Sheilds , spheres .Let's not split hairs In the six its Money sometimes , In the Ace it's opportunity, In the Two it's juggling or balancing or integrating . So I am not so sure about the uttermost importance of the name of the things.
Old 15-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Docha

Its all just a change of perspective.

Symbology isn't a direct definition language.

Its interpration. I don't use reversals for instance because in one read the wheel can mean good luck, I'm the next bad, how it falls (upside down or not) doesn't really matter.

It was actually the change of perspective from deck to deck that opened mr up to tuning into intuition, I get simplified feelings, being given different words to express was much better than, bad/good stuff comming...lol