Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 11-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Medium_Laura

I don't know the person so I can't make the reading fit them. For me, I know what I want to happen so I can easily make the cards reflect it.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:57 PM
OceanWaves19161

I can read for myself but not when issues are of extreme importance to me or I'm caught up in them.... I lack the detachment. I also find it it easier to differentiate between others energy flows rather than my own...they seem alot clearer fo some reason.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Heptasteros

I do readings for myself sometimes, or for friends or those I trust - mine very rarely have problems with accuracy, and when they do I find it is because of misinterpretation - those moments of realization when it's like "Argh! I thought the card meant this but it meant this, it's so painfully obvious - I should've seen that!" The cards themselves are always really accurate - and blunt in their delivery of the truth, I must say, most likely because they have my rather blunt energy all through them haha.

Self readings can be tough mostly when you try to fit the cards' meanings into your own understanding - when the telling of future events especially is often hard to frame in such a way, since of course these are things that have not yet happened often including new people or new situations which are tough to understand even when you're told of them ahead of time. But when those things come to pass I always sort of laugh about it, the cards are accurate even if at the time I had a hard time making sense of them precisely. It's kind of funny how it goes...
Old 12-08-2011, 04:32 AM
Experiencer
I will also agree with norseman.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Reading for yourself, you will tend to be either worse possible case scenario or best possible case. It's inevitable
Old 12-08-2011, 02:51 PM
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
I can't seem to do readings for myself. Only for others. Anyone else the same way?

(I think I'm just too critical for myself)

some card readers can't do reading for themselves, others do, it takes lots of practice, getting to know yourself and missing the spot from time to time. but it is possible.

i don't remember whom i'm citing at the moment but i found this to be a very helpful exercise:
spread the cards for yourself, but you will have to do 3 readings, one after the other, using the same spread and the same cards.
the first reading you give yourself the most horrible, worst scenario possible. let all your fears surface and present themselves. go as black and dark as you can there, and write it down, just to make sure.

next reading, using the same spread and cards, give yourself the most optimistic reading, let your heart and wishes talk, make it as pink and nice as possible, a fairy tale come true. go to the most positive extremes you can think of. write it down.

after doing these two, look at the cards again, and give yourself a reading, a balanced one, not too sweet no too dark, but now you will know when you start letting your wishes take over the reading or when your fears starting to take over the reading. keep balance and keep either away from taking control over the reading.
it takes practice, and it takes time, but it is possible.

also it is good that you know yourself, what moods you are into at the moment of the reading, what you wish for, what you fear from, and so on. use the cards as a mirror to your present situation, don't try to predict what will happen, but ask what you can do to make your wishes happen, this way you will get advice on your path and be able to do something and not just sit and wait for things to happen or not in your life.

hope this helps

G
Old 13-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I don't know the person so I can't make the reading fit them. For me, I know what I want to happen so I can easily make the cards reflect it.

Hi Medium Laura,

You make this sound as a bad thing. Why?
We as humans create our world don't we.. So our reading can be used to set the intention stronger I would say. Either by creating the worst or best scenario. The cards may just help manifest it by empowering our beliefs around the question involved. I would say that that would be a magical trait of the cards.

With Love
Eelco
Old 13-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Docha

Good point Green!

I never read for myself seriously when in a lot of termoil. Those are one card reads, to get my thoughts to quit looping. A different focus.

I am very intune to my moods etc. I also try not to read for others if I'm not able to clear my focus.
Old 13-08-2011, 07:25 AM
green

yes Docha, i know what you mean, i also use a lot of one card's reading for myself, it is a good direction pointer. and once in a while i do a deep one as well, i find that when you are open to the messages and not expecting anything such reading can really help you to get to know yourself better and get more connected with yourself.

Catsquat: i think what Laura means is that it is not helpful if you read into the cards what you want to hear and not what you need to hear. i agree with you that we can use the cards to help us fulfill our wishes or help us fight our fears, but when you look at the cards and see only what you want to see and hear what you want to hear and you DO NOT acknowledge the fact that it is only a reflection of your wishes or fear and not the actually message, then you are missing the real message. and very often you can really mislead yourself.

G
Old 13-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
Hi Medium Laura,

You make this sound as a bad thing. Why?
We as humans create our world don't we.. So our reading can be used to set the intention stronger I would say. Either by creating the worst or best scenario. The cards may just help manifest it by empowering our beliefs around the question involved. I would say that that would be a magical trait of the cards.

With Love
Eelco

I guess I want a more objective view. The way I was taught was a 3 card "focus" for the day. I never have done a full Celtic Cross for myself. Old habits die hard as they say. The gypsy woman that taught me said to never do a reading for yourself. :)
Old 13-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Master
There is a thing you could try - I taught this as part of Management Decision Making. You set up three options Best, Worst, and Most Likely. Then modify Most Likely with a little bit of Best and a little bit of Worst.
[ Some people actually still believe Business Management is a science ]