Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 01-02-2019, 11:01 PM
Administrator
Money - The "Want" and the "Need"

Hello

Money is something we all so struggle with. So many times we do not understand the flow of it and its deeper than just a budget. We can budget all we want and still not have the money in place for that budget.

What I have come to find is that there is a "want" and a "need" factor at play. When we can really look at things in the very basics we can have a better understanding on how money can flow to us in times of "need".

We are so bombarded with the on line point and click point and click aspects of life now, you can even order fast food on line now to be delivered. Yet this comes with a price tag attached that maybe we do not see how fast that adds up over a year. This is where we can break down what is a "want" and what is a "need".

We need to plan things out day to day on what we are gong to "need" to keep things going that day. We might well get in our car and drive to the local coffee drive through and buy one, but is that a "need" as we could make a coffee at home for a lot less that is just as good with all the selections out there now. Yet we feel we "need" that designer coffee, yet we can buy that same brand in the store for a package that at times costs the same as one in the drive through.

Here too we have to look at that addiction aspect we have with the drive through and how easy that is to do daily. How easy it is to point and click to shop but do we "need" what we are putting that pointer on ? When you stop to think about a purchase before the purchase you learn to see that many things are so a "want" and not something that you "need" to survival.

We all have bills to pay and choices to make on what we might have to do without. Look at setting goals around what you see as a "need" . Example that morning cup of coffee, get yourself a nice coffee mug, something special that you like to look at and them make a coffee at home, sit with nice music or reading something. Rushing off to the drive through is not how to enjoy a cup of good coffee is it. Its the same with a meal fast food, is just that fast and it belongs in the trash most times once you get it.

Going out for a special occasion how often have we said "I have nothing nice to wear" so you go out shopping yet you have lots that would be nice to wear if you just dressed it up a bit. Costume jewelry does wonders, to change the look of an outfit. Something that takes the eye off the outfit onto you yourself. Earings or a necklace brings the eye of the person viewing you to your face and then you can start that conversation.

There are so many ways we ask for "money" that is in that Pie in the Sky way and not in the way we "need" the money for reality based things. We all want to win the Lotto but do we "need" millions ? What we need might well be a much smaller prize. Set goals in reality.

Lynn
Old 07-02-2019, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Money is something we all so struggle with....Set goals in reality...
Lynn, I love ya...But, not all of us exp what you say all of us do.
Felt I had to say that.

Btw, really none of my goals ..or rather wishes or needs are based in logic or reality! LOL hahahah, none of 'em!
Yet, they all manifest ....WAY more amazing than when I was given
that $100,000 to get rid of my mortgage with no strings....way more shocking things. Ridiculously impossible things!!

I know your post makes logical sense, but in my life nothing regarding miracles, healing,
manifesting things actually make any sense to the rational mind.

In my core belief system, deep in there...I know nothing is impossible.
And I mean nothing.

So this is a direct 180 from your thinking..so sorry, yikes, not trying to be
a contrarian...it just doesn't ring true for me.
And if a mother was talking to their 20 yr old, they would hate 'my way'.
Not trying to cause trouble!!!!!

But maybe this will start more conversation on the topic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-02-2019, 05:46 PM
Master
Luckily the universe provides me with exactly what i need and want financially. Not uncommon for me to go to a store and just happen to have only the exact amount that i need to get what i want or need.

I don't think i could ever be rich though. Whenever i accumulate enough, i just start spending all of it.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Luckily the universe provides me with exactly what i need and want financially.
Not uncommon for me to go to a store and just happen to have only the
exact amount that i need to get what i want or need.

I don't think i could ever be rich though. Whenever i accumulate enough, i just start spending all of it.

Ha....luckily for me when I forget my purse...there, right on the gum shelf is a $5 bill that is what I need.
And from what u say, you are rich ...it comes and then it goes and then it comes again.

I thought of this thread today...I had a choice-Earl Gray for $2 or the Earl Grey for $3.50...I thought if I buy the $2
one I am
falling for that 'poverty' head space.
I won't do it in this Universe of plenty.

But, that's just ME. And so far so good!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-02-2019, 08:22 PM
Deactivated Account
I don't want to win the lottery. I am definitely not poor and don't struggle with money, but I am literally being denied so many things in life which is worth a hundred thousand times more than money. If I had the choice to be poorer but much more succesful in life then I would definitely take it without a shadow of doubt. Money doesn't buy happiness...
Old 09-02-2019, 02:15 AM
I would like to reiterate...I am just of a different way
of thinking than the op. So what else is new?

Old 09-02-2019, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And from what u say, you are rich

Come to think of it, you're spot on.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I thought of this thread today...I had a choice-Earl Gray for $2 or the Earl Grey for $3.50...I thought if I buy the $2
one I am
falling for that 'poverty' head space.
I won't do it in this Universe of plenty.

But, that's just ME. And so far so good!

Agree. When it comes to Earl Grey we cannot compromise!
Old 12-02-2019, 04:59 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Money is a need up until it is a want. Normally, you will be in scarcity if you make below $5,000 / month. Usually, after you reach $10,000/month is when you truly reach financial freedom and are able to separate your wants from your primal desires. At this point, most people are inclined to save, travel more and give to charities.
Old 21-02-2019, 04:03 AM
Knower

I've been thinking about this Lynn. I think it depends on whether one is looking for external sources of validation eg. society makes you think you "need" certain "designer" things or a competition mentality, where one feels like they need to "keep up with the Joneses", which contribute to a lack mentality.

Last edited by SapphireBlue : 21-02-2019 at 06:57 AM.