Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-03-2019, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by noyan
As for the previous hominini I don't know what to say, it is certain that were other species before Homo Sapiens Sapiens. If consciousness is brain emergent and dependant then that's it as the end and we won't know we died since consciousness will vanish. If it's the opposite, than it's not the end, just our physical body as a tool dies, and this makes the most sense for me. That's my 2C
It just means certain species are uniquely equipped with self awareness, and some with exploring consciousness. It however does not mean said species are ''superior'' and are the only ones capable of bliss or achieving some grand ''enlightenment''. We know humans conceptualize and over-indulge in talk and thought about consciousness, love, and suffering. That by itself doesn't make it so that the universe is run by such forces or realities. It just means humans experience these things.

''Love is the only reality..''
''Our purpose is to end our suffering..''
''We are superior because we are self aware..''

All of this is human hubris. It is what humans experience.. and then they project it upon the universe. So... coming back to the afterlife, for all we know the afterlife could be about wolves and crocodiles chasing their prey, trees just being trees, or a strange insectoid-race worshipping a giant hat, claiming that this is the secret of the universe! Our world religions place too much importance on human beings being the crown of creation or the tool to end some soul evolution. I believe neither Abrahamic nor Dharmic key assumptions.
Old 23-03-2019, 10:32 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
It just means certain species are uniquely equipped with self awareness, and some with exploring consciousness. It however does not mean said species are ''superior'' and are the only ones capable of bliss or achieving some grand ''enlightenment''. We know humans conceptualize and over-indulge in talk and thought about consciousness, love, and suffering. That by itself doesn't make it so that the universe is run by such forces or realities. It just means humans experience these things.

''Love is the only reality..''
''Our purpose is to end our suffering..''
''We are superior because we are self aware..''

All of this is human hubris. It is what humans experience.. and then they project it upon God and the universe. So... coming back to the afterlife, for all we know the afterlife could be about wolves and crocodiles chasing their prey, trees just being trees, or a strange insectoid-race worshipping a giant hat, claiming that this is the secret of the universe! Our world religions place too much importance on human beings being the crown of creation or the tool to end some soul evolution. I believe neither Abrahamic nor Dharmic key assumptions.

Yes, I never said Homo Sapiens were ever superior. For example we can't hear some sounds that dogs or bats can perceive.
And yes religions might be dogmatic and I believe it is because they couldn't explain things back then and they are still used to control populations or to start conflicts.

I believe the afterlife is just about having this consciousness or self awareness that lives on and that never ends, so the individual never dies, be it a plant, bug, a fly, a fish, or a bear, the rest are just speculations
Old 23-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, I never said Homo Sapiens were ever superior. For example we can't hear some sounds that dogs or bats can perceive.
And yes religions might be dogmatic and I believe it is because they couldn't explain things back then and they are still used to control populations or to start conflicts.

I believe the afterlife is just about having this consciousness or self awareness that lives on and that never ends, so the individual never dies, be it a plant, bug, a fly, a fish, or a bear, the rest are just speculations
I don't disagree..
Old 29-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Guide
Hi noyan, what a super question!

While I don't belive the universe was created by a separate God, or that there is an afterlife, I do believe in 'cosmic consciousness' rather than pure evolution. In essence the universe is God - Source Energy - of which each of us is also this very same consciousness. So we as the universe are simply having our concentrated life experience. This is why I think science and spirituality overlap quite beautifully, rather than spirituality and religion with religion tending to be about rules and confinement in relation to a separate God.

I therefore don't subscribe to either the wholly scientific view of pure 'evolution', or the religious view of the universe and each of us being 'created'. I believe the universe to be organic, with absolutely everything having degrees of consciousness. So we as this universe can experience everything anew during our incarnation.

For me it all started through quantum mechanics, where there was nothing before the universe. No God, no time - nothing. We as this conscious universe simply came into 'being'. Although rather than everything have a predetermined destiny, the universe is 'awareness'. Of which we are 'aware'.

Quote:
Physicist Professor Michio Kaku stated, "I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence. To me, it is clear that we exist in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance." Einstein said that "The Universe could be chaotic but instead is simple, in harmony and beautiful". Now this made me think: What if life emerged by accident and end up here because natural selection by Evolution, because the Universe was created as well by accident because it's simple and in harmony? And if it wasn't like that life wouldn't exist?

When his friend Besso died he said "Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” Does this mean that he believed in an afterlife?

If there is no God, how did the laws of the universe come into being? I always thought of God as the Universal Creator Force, not the Abrahamic male God, but who invented that force as well?

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 30-03-2019, 11:45 AM
Guide
Where there is order, there is intelligence.....what we name that underlying intelligence is is up for personal interpretation based on our own experience. Until our wisdom becomes on par with that order inducing experience we will never have anything but our own personal name for it.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:51 AM
Master
Quote:
If there is no God, how did the laws of the universe come into being? I always thought of God as the Universal Creator Force, not the Abrahamic male God, but who invented that force as well?
Presumably the laws of nature would spring into being the same way God did.