Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-03-2019, 09:58 PM
Knower
If we go where we believe

Will atheists not see anything, and experience oblivion for a short time after they die? Or will they still believe they are alive?

I have a friend I care for deeply. He's my best friend, and I don't want him to be lost after death.

I would help him if I could, but he's like 20 years older than me and will probably pass over sooner. His health isn't the greatest, though I'm overweight too so who knows.

He is not afraid of death. He's had a heart fibrilation or something like that which wasn't painful, but he wasn't scared of death then either.

He just really believes nothing comes after death. I'm not trying to convince him otherwise. Who knows if anything really happens.

I don't live each day to the fullest. But we live similar, isolated lives. At least I have my mom who I can talk spiritual stuff with.
Old 17-03-2019, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
Will atheists not see anything, and experience oblivion for a short time after they die? Or will they still believe they are alive?

I have a friend I care for deeply. He's my best friend, and I don't want him to be lost after death.

I would help him if I could, but he's like 20 years older than me and will probably pass over sooner. His health isn't the greatest, though I'm overweight too so who knows.

He is not afraid of death. He's had a heart fibrilation or something like that which wasn't painful, but he wasn't scared of death then either.

He just really believes nothing comes after death. I'm not trying to convince him otherwise. Who knows if anything really happens.

I don't live each day to the fullest. But we live similar, isolated lives. At least I have my mom who I can talk spiritual stuff with.

It is not difficult to tap into someone after they have crossed over and see if they need any assistance. Sometimes it takes a bit of patience.
Old 17-03-2019, 11:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
It is not difficult to tap into someone after they have crossed over and see if they need any assistance. Sometimes it takes a bit of patience.

The problem is I won't know when he passes over, as I don't keep in touch with his family. I only know when I try to contact him and he doesn't respond, which is quite often. Then he eventually responds.

I could just ask the angels to help when that time comes. God knows I'll need their help too.
Old 18-03-2019, 02:04 AM
Master

I believe that we don't go where we consciously believe, but, for a while, our perception is heavily distorted by our beliefs (including those we aren't aware of), and by our emotions (including our fears, conscious and unconscious).

Atheists, most likely, won't realize for a while that they're dead, and if they lived a life they are happy with, they might actually pass faster through the confusion phase.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-03-2019, 06:52 AM
Master

Quote:

Life after death or whatever has nothing to do with religion, this 'person' we call 'God' couldn't care less what you believe. Our 'spiritual' life or lives depends upon universal laws which exist outside any supernatural being but allow you (and me) the chance to experience unlimited perceptions according to our thoughts, words, and deeds. And more importantly on our desires.
Old 18-03-2019, 04:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

Tell him even in empty space there is still something. The idea of nothing has no credence in reality. It's just an idea we give to our ignorance.

You have nothing to worry about. Your friend will be fine. The great thing about our spirituality, it does not require you to believe in it for it to believe in you. If he already has inner peace with his death, you don't need to deny him his certainty even if it conflates with yours. Okay?

Just love your friend and know that you two will remain friends when your time on earth expires. Another words, have faith large enough for the both of you.

sf
Old 18-03-2019, 06:12 PM
Master

Quote:

The after-death literature does suggest that if someone denies any kind of after-death existence then they may lapse into an unconscious state following physical death. Or those whose earthly lives are entirely focused on material values may not believe that their physical body has died because as far as they are concerned they are very much alive.

But at the same time there are many examples of those who did not believe in an after-life while physically alive but are pleasantly surprised to find that the death of the physical body is not the end of conscious existence.

It makes sense that our after-death experience does not just totally depend on our earthly beliefs, but also on our overall level of development.

Peace.
Old 19-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Master
Atheists could find themselves in surprise but why do you think it's any different for you?
No person knows what will happen to him or her specifically. It's an open book..

Open book means unpredictability and uncertainty. It's no different for you than it is for the atheist...
Nobody is in any 'safe' place or guaranteed to not be surprised just because they do have beliefs..!
Old 27-04-2019, 11:18 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I believe that even if he's atheist he still come's from the star's and star dust. So, either way if he chose's not to go on after death I think it's a choice. Or, he came here to be an atheist and learn about living life as an atheist. Aheist, just believe they have no use for God. But, believe that thing's evolve threw a natural process. So, we come from stardust and it's a natural path to evolution even in life and after death. I believe that it's all loving energy and either way we go somewhere loving.
Old 28-04-2019, 01:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Atheists could find themselves in surprise but why do you think it's any different for you?
No person knows what will happen to him or her specifically. It's an open book..

Open book means unpredictability and uncertainty. It's no different for you than it is for the atheist...
Nobody is in any 'safe' place or guaranteed to not be surprised just because they do have beliefs..!

We will all find out when it happens. Until then, we can only speculate.

I think the subject is worth studying, just to consider the possibilities. If I was intending to travel to a foreign country on Earth I would read up on it beforehand. Death is no different. If it is the end of conscious existence then I will not be around to care. If consciousness is still present then no doubt I will find myself wherever I am meant to be, and the adventure will continue.

Peace.