Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-01-2012, 05:04 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Referring back to the conversation about what shape we have after death, here's this from a story at NDERF.org...

I was suddenly in this black void and a sparkling happy light came zooming at me extremely fast. It was kind of like seeing a star shining bright and within less than a second it was enormous and right in front of me. It was sparkling and happy like those sparklers kids have at 4th of July...extremely energetic and bright.

It didn't speak to me but it transmitted to me a "want to come with me?" message. I am very adventurous so I said yes and together we travelled at the speed of light into a galaxy of bright lights and I knew that all of them were souls or spirits and that each one was a point of light that was another being.

I stayed there awhile until I understood how there were so many galaxies and stars and that they all were alive like entities and that I was probably another point of light. I had no awareness of having a body, I just felt like I could move anywhere I wanted as if I were a light particle or something.

I went back out into the galaxies and knew that I only had to think about anything and I would be there.

http://www.nderf.org/camryn_l_nde.htm

Xan

Sounds a bit like Howard Storm's experience.

Jim
Old 16-01-2012, 05:09 AM
Master
We don't need a near death experience to experience death, we experience death in deep dreamless sleep, no one dies, no one is born, death where is thy sting.
Old 16-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
We don't need a near death experience to experience death, we experience death in deep dreamless sleep, no one dies, no one is born, death where is thy sting.

I don't agree. What do we see and hear then? What do we learn?

The near-death phenomenon is all about the experiences people have when in that state.

Jim
Old 16-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

Hey slice, is that truly what you experience when you are in deep sleep?
Old 16-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Bluegreen

Death and sleep are the same thing.
Old 20-01-2012, 04:27 AM
Master
"...dying is not only part of life. It's the best part."

This quote is from a full nde experience very well described at... http://www.nderf.org/jack_m_nde.htm

Xan

Old 20-01-2012, 10:32 AM
deepsea

Sleep is often referred to as the 'Small Death' or something like that.
Old 20-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
Death and sleep are the same thing.

So you're saying that for 1/3 of my life, I have no pulse, no blood pressure, no respiration? That electrocardiograms and electroencephelograms would register flat?

Jim
Old 20-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
"...dying is not only part of life. It's the best part."

This quote is from a full nde experience very well described at... http://www.nderf.org/jack_m_nde.htm

Xan

I hope so!

Jim
Old 20-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Sleep is often referred to as the 'Small Death' or something like that.

Yes, but VERY small!

Jim