Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 03-09-2011, 01:24 AM
Master
Not This House Too

I lived in a very old house for 16 years that was haunted from the first day I moved in until the last day I moved out. I thought this house would be different. I've been here 2 years with no activity. Relief. Last week I was in the dark basement on the stairmaster when the TV shut off, then clicked on and off, on and off over and over. I felt as though someone was in the basement with me and got off the machine and went upstairs. My spouse came home and watched the TV fine with no problems. The next day, it did the same thing when I was in the basement.

Yesterday my spouse heard thumps and couldn't determine where it came from so just blew it off.

Today I had the fan sitting on the floor (securely) for 3 hours drying the floor I just steam cleaned. I was just getting ready to leave the house when it sounded like someone kicked the fan over. I checked the fan and there was no reason for it to fall over, but there it lied on its side.

After I picked up my spouse from work we were driving and I was explaining it could possibly be spirit activity in "this" house. Just then I looked at the car in front of me and on the license plate was the word SPIRIT. I pointed it out to my spouse and said that nothing is coincidental in this life and that I took that as a message.

Am I just being paranoid because I lived in a haunted house for so long before? Do you think it's possible for spirits to follow a family? I'm really not looking for any paranormal activity in this different house, but I just have a strong sense that we're not alone.

Blackraven
Old 03-09-2011, 01:43 AM
nightowl

Hey blackeraven,

Maybe it found you not followed you, it could be a trapped spirit who resonated with your energy and sensed you could pick up on them...maybe looking for help to cross over???

nightowl
Old 03-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Master
I dont know anything about this type of thing, but maybe that can work for the better, having a detached perspective.

I would have to go with the energy that we project and what that attracts back to us. Meaning, if these are the energy signals you send out then likely, its you. So you will be followed to the ends of the earth...no escaping it unless you shift your energy and focus in a big way.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Master
Thank you for both your intake on this nightowl and NightSpirit. One of you feels spirit activity has found me, while the other feels I've created it. Sounds to me like I can release this "spirit" activity either way by matter of redirection. Even at my other house the spirit activity picked up pace when I was home alone and slowed down when other people were around, but not completely. Others in the house witnessed paranormal activity. I've always been a conduit to the spirit world. Interesting perspectives for sure. Thank you both.

Blackraven
Old 05-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Balance

Put yourself in the 'Spirits' shoes, or look at it differently. It may be another part of your oversoul trying to pass information from one life to another, it may be your own telekinetic abilities building up inside you and this is the only way your belief systems can let it out without freaking you out too much, have a think about it and get back to me.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balance
Put yourself in the 'Spirits' shoes, or look at it differently. It may be another part of your oversoul trying to pass information from one life to another, it may be your own telekinetic abilities building up inside you and this is the only way your belief systems can let it out without freaking you out too much, have a think about it and get back to me.

Balance - I have never heard the term "oversoul" before. Would you mind expanding on that concept further for clarification? Thank you.

Blackraven
Old 14-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Master
What's the point of a spirit doing things just to get my attention or a rise out of me?

The other night I was reading in bed and listening to my wave machine when something turned the volume of the wave machine completely down. I then turned it back up. The next day I was resting on the couch and the doorbell rang. I jumped to my feet and ran to the front door and no one was there. When I came back I sat down to meditate with my guided meditation tape. The tape kept going up in volume then down to inaudible. It had never done that before. I'm not one to dismiss coincidence, but this is too much. I'm not sure what's going on in my house, but it's starting to unnerve me. Something, someone enjoys being a prankster, but the question is why? These little things don't bother me so much as spark my curiosity. My other house had doors slamming shut, furniture sliding, moans, things flying off the wall, etc. - I could go on. So this stuff is juvenile.

Blackraven

Last edited by blackraven : 14-09-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 14-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Pathfinder

I'm not analyzing or really commenting on your situation because I that is beyond me. I just thought to throw in other situations that can apply to anyone. Aside from picking up or sensing spirits there are spirits who may follow us around lifetime to lifetime, some we might have a connection too, others that come down through the ancestral line.

I just didn't want to leave those types of spirits out and I repeat that I'm not applying them to your situation. I've spoke to a number of people over the years who had themselves or known friends who had house spirits, some of which were benign others that were quite troublesome.

My only suggestion is to raise the vibrations , both in yourself and in your dwelling. Any number of ways like prayer, manta, affirmations and then right down to the physical, clean clean clean the entire place, cobwebs, dust, floors, etc. Search for formulas on the internet that are good for washing and cleaning down residences that are also spiritually beneficial in their essences. Obviously don't give into fear as well but that should be part of raising your own vibration. Lastly if you feel strong enough, observe it, take notes perhaps and perhaps if it is trying to communicate with you find out what it wants / needs but that doesn't mean you want to take on a case, that could wind up leeching your energies.