Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 06-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Master
And Christ said "I Am The Lord" just as Satan did!

In a roundabout way Jesus Christ claimed himself to be God just as much as Satan did. Perhaps they are the same person?

What is the difference between Christ calling himself God and Satan calling himself God?

Are they not both comitting blasphemy?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Master
The difference is that Christ pointed to who we truly are, where Satan pointed to who we think we are, big difference.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Master
I'm getting all muddled up.

Christ never actually did say "I Am The Lord". He said "I Am The Son Of The Lord" there is a difference......

He also implied that the Son is an INTEGRAL part of the Lord. So in a sense he said he is EQUAL in God.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

Christ never actually did say "I Am The Lord". He said "I Am The Son Of The Lord" there is a difference......

He also implied that the Son is an INTEGRAL part of the Lord. So in a sense he said he is EQUAL in God.
Yes and you are also equal to God, there is only God, its just the mind that thinks its outside of God.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes and you are also equal to God, there is only God, its just the mind that thinks its outside of God.

Yes, that figures.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

Honza -

I know you love us, but this topic on the Judaism sub-forum??

Anyhow, I'd be curious to have some cites to the verses you allude to where Jesus calls himself "Son of the Lord."

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 06-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
Honza -

I know you love us, but this topic on the Judaism sub-forum??

Anyhow, I'd be curious to have some cites to the verses you allude to where Jesus calls himself "Son of the Lord."

B'shalom,

Peter

Well I put it in this sub forum because I was suggesting Jesus was a fraud who misguided the Jews and everyone else.....

That was my premise. However I'm getting more and more confused by the issue the more I write on it.

Check the verses in John 5:18 and onward...... He says clearly what he is there.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Master
RabbiO: try and see this sub-forum as an integrated part of the whole SF. It is inevitable that threads and posts will overlap as they discuss various parts of spirituality and what they relate to.

This whole FORUM is a spiritual place - not a religious place. I'm sure there are Judaic RELIGION forums. But SF is different because IT BREAKS THE DIVIDING LINES BETWEEN RELIGIONS DOWN. Not builds them up.

You need to let this Judaic Sub Forum BREATH!

Old 06-12-2011, 11:51 AM
slave of Allaah

On the Day when Allâh will gather the Messengers together and say to them: "What was the response you received? They will say: "We have no knowledge, verily, only You are the All¬Knower of all that is hidden (or unseen)." (109)

(Remember) when Allâh will say (on the Day of Resurrection). "O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with the holy spirit so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and when I taught you writing, wisdom, the Torah and the Injeel (Gospel); and when you made out of the clay, a figure like that of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and you healed those born blind, and the lepers by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) as you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.' " (110)

And when I revealed to the disciples to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: "We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e submitted to God)." (111)

(Remember) when the disciples said: "O Jesus son of Mary! Can your Lord send down to us a table spread (with food) from heaven?" Jesus said: "Fear Allâh, if you are indeed believers." (112)

They said: "We wish to eat thereof and to satisfy your heart, and to know that you have indeed told us the truth and that we ourselves be its witnesses." (113) Jesus son of Mary said: "O Allâh, our Lord! Send us from heaven a table spread (with food) that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a festival and a sign from You; and provide us sustenance, for You are the Best of sustainers." (114)

Allâh said: "I am going to send it down unto you, but if any of you after that disbelieves, then I will punish him with a torment such as I have not inflicted on anyone among (all) the worlds." (115)

And (remember) when Allâh will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O Jesus son of Mary! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allâh?' " He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden. (116)

"Never did I say to them aught except what You did command me to say: 'Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. (117)

"If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All¬Mighty, the All¬Wise." (118)

Allâh will say: "This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow - they shall abide therein forever. Allâh is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success. (119)

To Allâh belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, and He is Able to do all things. (120) [Quran: Ch.5]

Old 06-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Ascender

Did he say or do anything that would lead you to believe he was a fraud? From what the bible says, he was a great human being with no malicious intent. He was so dedicated to his teachings he even died for them. Now could you say the same about Satan?