Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 20-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Experiencer
Snail, Crab and Octopus

I had another strange dream, or if not a whole dream, at least one segment, that I feel has some deeper meaning. Overall, I have been able to find many previous day influences inside the dream I had, but not far all moments.

For the most part I think it was all happening inside the house, where I grew up. We might have been looking for something not sure, and there were an awful a lot of dark stone corridors, that I am not sure really lead anywhere, but even more, there were a lot of cobwebs everywhere with spiders. I remember many corners and rooms having almost been covered in them. Towards the end, we started cleaning them, I am not certain if that was the plan, but I remember my brother vacuuming on place of cobwebs along with the spiders and me saying to him, that it wont work, they will just come out of the vacuum cleaner later. After some time, I started doing the same, and I even remember my mother burning a particularity large spider, and someone asking what we are doing. Don't know who. Now in real life, when I come across the occasional spider I pick it up and take it outside, but not sure how that would work with infestation lol.

Anyways amidst all that spidery business, a particularly strange thing happened. Outside my old room, there is a small open hallway with stairs leading up and down. Between my room and where brothers was, there is a piece of wall, but in dreams this wall was much more pronounced and almost wooden, but also it looked a lot like a column, something placed there, to support the weight of the house. Not sure why or how but I was able to remove a part of it off, in a way opening the column and looking inside. When I did that, I glanced on a very peculiar object inside. It was a very very large snail house sitting inside, more or less the size of a basketball. I vas surprised and amazed and I called for my brother to come see it, because it was huge. At that moment the thing started moving, and a huge snail started coming out of it, alive and all. I was baffled, but still it was wondrous to see. I made my way around the column to see the snail better, and that is when I saw the octopus. It was sitting inside the corner of the column, and was a regular size, not a big one compared to the snail. I also noticed a little bit of water in that compartment inside the column, and it felt like the whole thing is pretty wet and damp. Same as snail, the octopus started moving around a bit, but not leaving the place or trying to escape out, they moved pretty slow and were not aggressive. Of course my amazement was even bigger now and then I notice a particularly large red crab sort of a creature, it had claws and all. It was even bigger than the snail, and was resting above them both on a sort of a ledge inside the column, but again, it was huge and not normal in size. They all started moving a round, but still stayed perfectly happy where they were, and that is when it struck me, they must have been living inside here for all my life if not more, thus growing so big??

I felt some sort of strange respect for these creatures, and compared to spider infestation in the house, I did not feel in any way threatened by them, or grossed out. Later when observing them, I concluded, that the light must be disturbing them, since they were living inside there for all this time in darkness, so I took that piece of column, and placed it gently back, closing all three creatures back, like they were. I seemed to be completely unbothered by those creatures and content with letting them live on inside there. After that me and brother went to look for our mom, and I told here what I just found, because I expected here to know about this, and she did. I don't remember exactly what she said, but it was something along this lines,. She placed those animals inside in the foundation of the house when it was building, as a relics of sorts, or guardians not sure, but to bring the blessing to our home and family, and were living inside there for this whole time.

Now I am pretty confident that the creatures are symbols for certain aspects, and that is what I would like to ask your help in determining with. My moms zodiac sign is in fact cancer, so crab might be representing her or her energy, and it was placed above the other two. My father left when I was 6, and it was only my mom, brother and me, so I am thinking, the other two animals might be a representations of my brother and me? Not sure. Any ideas? =)
Old 20-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Master
"it was all happening inside the house, where I grew up"
is saying that the dream is involving your earthly incarnation(s),
the place where your soul has come to mature.
"We might have been looking for something not sure"
the purpose for physical existence has been forgotten by most.
"an awful a lot of dark stone corridors, that I am not sure really lead anywhere"
feels to refer to prior lifetimes, which may have seemed 'pointless' since
out of context (this life provides that) they hadn't recalled purpose.
"cobwebs everywhere with spiders"
a feeble attempt (by natural forces) to reclaim space from your domain.
"someone asking what we are doing"
that's your higher self, drawing attention to your reclamation activities.
"a small open hallway with stairs leading up and down"
i'm thinking that it signifies your current position as a small opening
between levels of understanding that you're progressing through.
"this wall was much more pronounced... it looked a lot like a column"
you've achieved an awareness you'd not had before. a column is a
load-bearing device for the structure; it's a pillar upon which the
building is dependent for support.

the creatures you'd discovered seem to be subconsciously directed
(living in a moist, dark place). if they're representative for other
things, it's probably personal qualities of your own and not the
family members. the first discovered was the snail, which might
symbolize having great patience and slow (but steady) growth
[through multiple lifetimes]. the octopus might correspond to
'manipulative' abilities, shaping the environment to your will
(because of the many arms). the crab could be a protective
influence, which was located above the others (dominant?).
you'd restored them to their place out of your awareness,
and it may be best to leave them undisturbed at this time.
Old 20-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator
I think you are on the right track seeing the creatures as aspects you have within yourself. they were likely put there by your mother, by you modeling yourself after your mother. Your mother utilizing them as a form of protection from the outside world. You ingrained these into your personality without realizing it and they become a sort of hidden subconscious response to the world. In real life your mother may be subconscious about these things as well. We usually go about our lives just responding to it not really noticing or wondering why. It's habit really. Sometimes those habits can be to our detriment so it would serve us to take stock in our past and upbringing and weed out the unhelpful thinking styles we picked up along the way.

This is what the dream seems to reflect. You reflecting on your upbringing to look under the hood so to speak. Explore your subconscious to understand yourself better and clear out the spiders that are troubling you. In general there may be some old threats that you are looking to address. In the past you may have chosen to suppress these thing (vacuum them up) but it seems you are learning that they just come back out to possibly bite you later on.

It is possible the way you clear the spiders out is to break past unhelpful coping strategies. these are the things we learn from our parents and though they are generally passed down out of love they can hold us back.

The first symbol is the snail and it symbolizes slow movement. It is possible there is a problem with procrastinating that needs addressing as it has gotten pretty big. Sometimes procrastination helps keeps us from having to face self doubt. If we neglect to deal with something maybe the problem will just go away is the thinking but it really just prolongs the problem and sometimes makes things worse.

The symbolism of an octopus can represent a few things so take a look at your life and see if any of them apply. My guess would be that it symbolizes the idea of keeping busy. If we are super busy doing busy little things it distracts us from the bigger more pressing things. A busy body helps deter a busy mind is the thinking but it also keeps us from dealing with the issues that may be affecting our life. Being busy all the time is not healthy for us physically either but many people believe we are supposed to be busy as that shows we have purpose.

Aside from that the octopus could symbolize, being hands on, being the one in control. Entanglements, clouded thinking, feeling pressured or squeezed. Try to meditate on the octopus and see what thoughts pop up in your brain. odds are it will help clue you in.

finally the last creature was a crab. It is possible this was there just to show you that the other two creatures came about because of your mother since she was born under the Cancer sign but it could also mean that your family uses defensive posturing as a means to protect yourself. Does your mother snap when she feels disrespected or something of that nature? It is common for people to throw a bit of anger at others who they feel try to disrespect or take advantage of us but a rush to judgment can sometimes keep us from being open to what others have to say. Sometimes constructive criticism is helpful but we need to put our defenses down to be open to learning and expanding our ideas about ourselves.

In any event, those are my impressions of the symbols but meditate on all of them to see what comes up for you. Like I said, I think your instincts are pretty spot on that they represent aspects you hold that you have been in the dark about because they were subconscious but you are doing some self exploration and learning about yourself more. These traits have served you in the past but it may be time to release them so you can sort out how to rid yourself of the threat of the spider.
Old 28-04-2018, 01:55 AM
Experiencer
Thank you all for your explanations. It was very interesting to read all three interpretations, and I feel like you all have some truths about it =) I guess I should spend some time meditating on the creatures, to see how the symbols they represent are connected to me. Thank you.
Old 28-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Master
here's a page with some ideas:

Octopus Spiritual Meaning
https://www.auntyflo.com/magic/octopus
Old 28-04-2018, 02:13 PM
Experiencer
Thank you for the link! Actually that made a lot of sense, mostly the part with needing to ground and need for the teacher. I just opened a post regarding some of this matter yesterday, and I was just replying before to some of the answers, writing how now I understand the need for a spiritual teacher to warn you to ground, and with the words still resonating in my mind, I read almost the same thing in the link you posted. Felt nice haha.