Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-02-2018, 09:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks, Eelco.

When a soul is a soul and the vessel is the same, then feeling superior because having incarnated on other planets or dimensions makes no sense.
Feeling superior is an ego-thing anyway, if you ask me.
Personally I think that a "more developed" soul would be beyond that. And see that there is no being "better" than anybody else.
But what do I know...
Old 18-02-2018, 10:06 AM
Eelco

What if the soul is not the vessel?

If soul is what popular ideas think it is. Then it just inhabits the body no?
Meaning it can and will experience the vessel in all it's possibilities and then move on to another vessel.

I agree that that is no reason to feel superior though. Not because of the state of the vessel or the state of the soul.

WIth Love
Eelco

Ps I don't necessarily think the soul is "better" than ego.
In my current understanding both are constructs designed to play with perceived duality at different levels.
Old 18-02-2018, 10:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
In my current understanding both are constructs designed to play with perceived duality at different levels.
Wanna know the secret? Shhh, don't tell everyone because they won't understand it anyway. Ready?

We came from Spirit.

Isn't that a game-changer? Or do you want to stay with the current paradigm of Spirituality because...... It's when you start dismantling and tearing away the layers of dust that things become interesting.
Old 18-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Wanna know the secret? Shhh, don't tell everyone because they won't understand it anyway. Ready?

We came from Spirit.

I know...
Just for the sake of clarity..
What's your working definition?

With Love
Eelco
Old 18-02-2018, 11:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I know...
Just for the sake of clarity..
What's your working definition?

With Love
Eelco
"The Tao that can be told is not the Eternal Tao,
The Tao is the Mother of All Things."
Lao Tzu
The Tao Te Ching

There are times when it goes beyond definition, as though defining it somehow lessens it. You'll have your perceptions of what Spirit is or isn't, as do I and everybody else. I think that if you're defining Spirit you're way off track. It's like not hanging name on Ruby Tuesday, you connect with the sentiment that goes beyond the words.
Old 18-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Master
Quote:

Meaning it can and will experience the vessel in all it's possibilities and then move on to another vessel.

I agree that that is no reason to feel superior though. Not because of the state of the vessel or the state of the soul.

WIth Love
Eelco

The soul is neither vessel nor does it occupy a body, it is simply consciousness and consciousness creates. It is never ever inside the physical verse. Someone fitting called the realm consciousness is in, the flip-side of the universe. What occupies the body, better is attached to the body is the energy structure created by the soul we call spirit. The soul only experiences limitation through spirit.
The strangest part of all this is, consciousness creates all physicality and feeds all that is physical, without it an atom would simply collapse, yet as consciousness crosses over into the physical realm it becomes energy and ceases to be consciousness. Only at the collapse of the physical realm, a galaxy or a verse, will it return to the conscious state. The same happens to spirit as it returns to source.

Rah nam
Old 18-02-2018, 06:42 PM
Master
Quote:

WIth Love
Eelco

Sharing some thoughts on this and my break down of it.

How I look at soul is that which gives connection to the physical and spirit (ethereal).

Meaning, it is the consciousness of spirit and brings this into the physical consciousness.

Physically there is consciousness/awareness of being/existing.
To me, this blends with the consciousness of soul. Which is the experiences of spirit through manifesting into the physical.

So soul seems to me as a type of vessel holding the consciousness of individual experiences. But, it is not limited to just one lifetime or experience.

Physical body embodies the soul, but of itself is limited to one lifetime.

The consciousness of one lifetime blends with the consciousness of other lifetimes. This is held with in the soul.

When the soul reaches the point of being done with experiencing lifetimes it manifests back into spirit/ethereal.

This is how I come to understand the interaction of mind/body/spirit at present.
One is not superior of the other, just aspects of what is being experienced.

Ego, to my understanding is self identification. While experiencing being this individual, I identify myself as such. When I die or pass on from this life, my identity as this person will go with me.

Others may hold my identity in memories, but I will no longer be this person being at this moment.

Ego to me is not in conflict with soul, just how one thinks one to be may cause a duality of sorts. I am or am not this or that sort of thing.

I am both this individual, soul, and spirit all experiencing this life given. Each aspect may bring focus and noticed as needed to guide and develop, as I understand it at this time.

Mind you, this is just how I interpret the connections at this time.
Old 18-02-2018, 07:25 PM
Master
Hey, tell me if I'm off-topic here, but...

I looked at the profiles of people who had replied to the OP and noticed that about half had chosen to put something there about their interests & involvements (often pretty darn human, even "mundane" sounding). Not saying by any means that SF members should do that or shouldn't. Just found it interesting.

In any case, I know my daily/weekly involvements with life keep me in touch with my ordinary humanity. A lot of threads & posts here on SF reflect the same about the posters.
Old 19-02-2018, 10:20 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
Hey, tell me if I'm off-topic here, but...

I looked at the profiles of people who had replied to the OP and noticed that about half had chosen to put something there about their interests & involvements (often pretty darn human, even "mundane" sounding). Not saying by any means that SF members should do that or shouldn't. Just found it interesting.

In any case, I know my daily/weekly involvements with life keep me in touch with my ordinary humanity. A lot of threads & posts here on SF reflect the same about the posters.
Actually it's right on topic because this is what happens to human development when we develop Spiritually, there's just a difference between the forum world and the real world that few talk about. The Spiritual persona is much more interesting than the human persona.
Old 19-02-2018, 10:24 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
We have Gestalt patterns of perception - http://www.gestaltreality.com/2013/0...ensional-self/

The other issue is people think like humans thinking they think like Spirit