Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 02-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I-Ching

I-Ching

Dear Yogi's,

I would like to hear your views are about the I-Ching. I've been following it for several years and have developed quite a strong relationship with the Sage (the entity behind the I-Ching). The Sage is assisting me in the following areas of my life Transcendence, healing, psychic development and marriage. I was chronically ill for 8 years and the Sage helped me to divine the correct herbs and remedies to follow from Ayurveda. The Sage is now teaching me how to heal with Marma therapy (Ayurvedic version of Acupuncture) in a unique way where you direct prana through gem stones to the appropriate Marma points. I have really developed a lot of faith in the Sage and think that he can help humanity in unlimited ways.

Your servant,
I-Ching Das.
Old 13-12-2010, 02:21 AM
davidole

Anyone has anything to say?
Old 13-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Master
I cast the I-Ching and have found it to be surprisingly useful. Not as divination but as a source of Confucian wisdom.
Old 13-12-2010, 09:25 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I cast the I-Ching and have found it to be surprisingly useful. Not as divination but as a source of Confucian wisdom.

Oh are online I-Ching just as effective as this?
Old 13-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Master
The heart of I-Ching is a random number generator. This can be casting coins or yam stalks or a computer programme. You are then directed to hexagrams, all of which have a commentary in the I-Ching. What is then needed is an interpretation, so it comes down to intuition and empathy once again, just like the tarot.
Old 13-12-2010, 06:11 PM
I-Ching

I asked the I-Ching if the online version is as effective and it said no. Random number generator is not actually random it a mathematical calculation based on a clock. It simply appears random.

It may seem that throwing coins is a random event, but I don't believe in random. I think the Supreme Being is talking to us all the time through the supposed random events of nature. In previous times Sages could divine from many events in nature such as the flight of birds. The good thing about the I-Ching if your using a good translation it doesn't leave that much to our intuition/speculation its messages are quite clear. With experience you can have a very clear communication with Sage without the need of your own imagination or psychic powers.

I don't consider myself to be psychic or very intuitive. I have more of a scientific mind and the find my communication with the Sage to be quite clear. My only qualification is experience and the faith that comes from that.
Old 13-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Master
" but I don't believe in random."
I-Ching, randomness is at the heart of the universe. It is part of the "engine".
As to not using Intuition, the translations of the I-Ching [ I use the Wilhelm translation ] are written in an archaic form and much of the text responds to events/geography, etc in Ancient China, thus intuition is vital to see the relevence to current times.
Also, do not ignore the Observer Effect under which the Observer of any phenomenon influences the result. Therefore, your question to the I-Ching concerning the validity of computer programmes will introduce a bias from yourself. If I asked the same question, I would introduce a bias too, a different one to be sure but a bias all the same.
Its the same in Tarot readings - different readers, reading the same cards, will give different readings.

All these methods are devices to trigger our unconscious mind. The answers are already there in the Akasha.
Old 14-12-2010, 06:16 PM
I-Ching

Sorry to differ but I think there is Supreme Person at the heart of the universe. I fact I don't see one random event in the universe everything is happening by laws that stem from a law maker, even the seemly random events of our life are governed by the law of karma.

I don't use the Wilhelm translation because its messages are not very clear and therefore open to speculation.

I don't accept the observer effect since that would mean that I-Ching is simply me speaking to myself, and that would be a waste of time.

My experience of using the I-Ching has given definite proof that I am speaking to an intelligent being, not just an intelligent being but an enlightened being.

You can not practice Divination if you have no faith in a Divine Being.
Old 14-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Master
Good argument this, I-Ching. The essential randomness is contained within Quantum Mechanics, whereas your stance is rooted in mechanistic Newtonian Physics which has the universe as mechanism and the Supreme Being as the Supreme Watchmaker.
When I read the I-Ching and the Tarot, I know that the insights are coming from me, not some hypothetical being. Surprisingly, I do have a deity but I think that She is indifferent to mankind - we are just one life form among many. We are the most self-destructive form of life on this planet and, unfortunately, we thrash around doing immense harm to other life forms who have the misfortune to share the same "home".
If your translation of the I-Ching is clear and unambiguous, capable of only one point of view, then that denies free-will and there is little point in doing readings as everything is already set in stone. So, ultimately, that makes the I-Ching a complete waste of time.
In this area, one person's "definite proof" is another person's speculation.
Old 15-12-2010, 04:53 PM
I-Ching

I don't base my conception of reality on the speculations of the "scientists".

If you want to use the I-Ching to talk to yourself then good for you.

I'm sure you and your Goddess have a very satisfying relationship.