Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Knower

Anger and hate?

So someone I know says they randomly feel hate and anger towards everything. What are your opinions on why this may be?

Should I recommend meditation?
Old 16-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Experiencer
angry people probably don't give a thought to meditation
there are healthy ways to take out frustrations and anger
anger is nature feeling but it needs to be let out in good manners

maybe they having a tough time ?
leave them be till they cool down is my advice
they will learn with time that anger and hate alone won't get them going
or it will be their down fall
Old 16-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Lorelyen

Something probably organically wrong - high blood-pressure? That brings mood-swings, easy anger. Suggest they have their blood-pressure checked and if it is high it may be enough to make small changes in their lifestyle.
.. ..
Old 16-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Master
Meditation has been shown to reduce the size of the amygdala gland which is the stress gland. It has also shown to increase grey matter in the area of emotion formation.

So yes, it couldn't hurt. To start.
Old 16-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Knower
Anger and hate eh, tough things to break out of....

I guess if you refer these thought patterns back to Buddhism, or common sense, we can see that hate and anger do not exist in the world, you cannot point to them or show them to anyone, no situation or object contains anger or hate, everything in the world just is, simple as that. Anger and hate only exist in the mind, therefore there is nothing in the world that can change in order to free your friend from these thought patterns, rather, your friend must work on their inner thought patterns in order to free themselves from anger and hate.

Easier said then done though!

I think everyone needs some form of trigger in order to fundamentally change themselves or their habits...that trigger can be easy to find or hard to find.

My best friend was a vegetarian for years and nothing he said could change my views on eating meat (in my pre-spiritaul life), no chance on earth would I become a vegetarian...a few years later I meet my girlfriend, a vegan, and within a month I'm a vegan! He laughed for a while...but my girlfriend was my trigger (girlfriends have a habit of forcing triggers at times hehe)...Iwatched many documenatries on 9/11, illuminati, banking scandals etc. but they didn't change me or my views on the world very much, one day I read a David Icke book and my whole perception or reality changed and I can never look back, the David Icke book was my trigger for spirituality, the love of the planet and every person on it, nothing pre David Icke book could force that feeling and understanding....

I guess what I'm getting at is that you can tell your friend alot of good info and schools of thought, you can show them documentaries, books and real life examples of this stuff at work but you may never hit that trigger point that enables them to start to change and see things as they truly are...perhaps all you can do is be a good friend and keep casually feeding them good information and hope that something sticks!

Also I guess if we bring ego into the equasion, it can be hard for people to change around their friends because they have an image and a persona that they are known for, therefore, by breaking out of this in front of people we know can leave us feeling vulnerable. Keeping up the persona of anger and hatred maybe a safe place for your freind to reside, and this could be a conscious or subconscious habitual pattern.

Anyway just my thoughts based on my experiences...keep on being a good friend 333Xforever, thats the best you can do!

P.s recommend meditation? yeh sure why not everything is worth a try, they may like it or not, they may prefer yoga or chanting or kickboxing...

P.p.s I just remembered...my gf is a very negative person and often sees the bad in everything (for the last 6 years!) but recently I've been doing something that has really helped. I explained about the middle path in Buddhism. Then everytime she mentioned something negative I always get her to see the positive or opposing view point. This has had a great impact on her thought patterns, now she starts talking in a negative manner then halfway through the sentence starts to realise that there is another angle to view it from and therefore sees everything from a more equal viewpont! might be worth trying this excersise with your friend?

Sorry for the long reply

Namaste XXX

"Do not swim, float." - Osho
Old 18-07-2014, 06:14 AM
coldmoon

LucidMoob,

Very sound advice, very sound indeed. Not much to add, except maybe two pretty contradictory things a) it's really hard to help anyone, even 'ourselves', b) you never know when just being kind, just being there, may be that trigger you talk about, so even though there's little we can do to help, don't stop trying!
Old 18-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Master
One of the most powerful books I have read is called Real Love.

If you really want to understand anger, hate, judgement and learn to get past it and love other unconditionally then read that book!

TBH, I would say read Byron Katies Loving What Is first. That will help one examine ones thoughts. It is a form of self inquiry that is very powerful. Once you have read that then read Real Love. They work great together.

Both books are a must for anyone.
Old 18-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333xforever
So someone I know says they randomly feel hate and anger towards everything. What are your opinions on why this may be?

They don't love themselves, and they feel powerless a lot. Anger is just one step above powerlessness in the way it feels, but because people judge themselves and others, when they are angry,some can't move past anger into better feeling place and instead go back to powerlessness, and circle continues.
Old 23-07-2014, 01:49 AM
boodah

I recommend meditation, but you cant force it onto them.