Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaga
Speaking it terms of the 4 traditional elements, I have a Fire sign, but I feel Earth is strongest for me. I love working with earth, playing in the garden, getting my hands into the soil. I help others feel more grounded and stable when I am nearby.

Hey dhaga,

This was a great example to share, so have people expressed that they feel more grounded around you?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 PM
dhaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Hey dhaga,

This was a great example to share, so have people expressed that they feel more grounded around you?

Yes, people have told me this. When they are around me, even when interacting with me at a distance (through chat, talking on the phone, etc).
Old 12-01-2012, 02:41 AM
Quintessence

Reality is quintessential.

It's important to remember that the idea behind the Four Elements was to explain what the underlying substance (or substances) is/are behind all things in reality. Empedocles established that there are four roots that underly all of reality. This was later embraced by more influential Greek philosophers - most notably Aristotle - and became the canon of natural philosophy up until the advent of modern science. It was understood that nothing in this world is made up of just one element, but that all things in reality have all four of the Elements within them. The ratio of each could vary and was part of how the nature of a thing was determined. Humans in particular were understood to be balanced among the Four. When they were not, they were said to be mentally or physically ill.

In part because of this, I regard questions like "what Element are you?" to be more like a quaint child's game, no offense intended. I think we can validly ask "what Element do you like the most or do you feel resonates with you the most?" but the previous question is more dicey. If it is a valid question to ask, most people who go about determining their so-called Element don't do so from a position of strong knowledge about the Four. If you have a strong knowledge of the Four, you don't tend to ask the question. You either recognize it as a non-question or you already know what "your" Element is based on experience/knowledge.
Old 13-01-2012, 02:26 AM
feralfae

Whitewarrior,

IMO, most things and most creatures are a combination of the elements. Even water (a liquid) is made up of hydrogen and oxygen (air). This is also reflected in the chant:
Earth my body
Water my blood
Air my breath
Fire my spirit

That being said, there are all different combinations of elements. Many people have one element which resonates
most strongly for them. Others feel strongly connected to two or three, but not the other two or one. Some people have a very strong connection to all four.

Personally, my main elements are water and fire, followed closely by earth. I have the least connection with air, yet I know that it is a part of me and I can see the attributes of air that I have and that resonate strongly with
me -- for example: I tend to be extremely intellectual and and seek knowledge constantly. I am also extremely logical, which complements me being extremely emotional and helps to keep me from getting in over my head. I also have some birds as spirit animals.

Some of why I am closest to the o the elements that I am has to do with my zodiac and natal chart: All three water signs, one of the fires, and two of the earths as my zodiac signs. The element of your sun sign is not likely to be the only astrologically significant sign to you. There is also your moon sign and ascendant to take into consideration. Then, of only slightly less significance, if any less, are your descendant, Midheaven and IC.

But the elements prominent in your natal astrology are not necessarily the element(s) that resonate most strongly with you. You can find out which element(s) resonate most with you by looking at your path, your habits,
rituals,the aspects of your personality, where you feel most at home, what environments suit you best, your spirit animals and plants, your natal chart, and by meditating on the elements.

The elements also resonate with people in different ways. For example: while I am slightly closer with water and fire than earth, I need to be in nature and to stay grounded. I try to live in accordance with natural law. My personal pantheon includes Gaia and Cernunnos (two deities of earth). I work closely with animals, plants, and minerals.

Some things you might want to consider, but that may not have any bearing, after all: your profile says you are an Aries (fire). Your username: The color white is usually elementally associated with air and spirit. Warrior energy
is usually considered to correspond to male elemental energy (fire and air) and of the two, it is usually ascribed to being more of a fire trait -- the main exception I can think of at the moment being tarot, where it is linked
with swords. Unfortunately, I don't have more insight on that because, while I do use oracle I haven't worked with a traditional tarot deck in years.

Also, you may want to do research regarding the elements and their correspondences. Sorry about the wall of text!
Old 13-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Master

I still don't think I have found my primary element. I believe I am leaning slightly toward air at the moment.

Twisting the question slightly - you who DO know what your primary element is; how do you use this knowledge? Do you summon or use energy from that element with any particular benefit? Anything else?
Old 13-01-2012, 10:54 AM
seahorse

I'd like to add that the four elements we usually talk about are those of the western astrology or philosophy in the case of the Ancient Greeks (always with the addition of the fifth element, the Divine or Void).
However i have found Chinese astrology to be quite accurate, and the personal element can be different, for example i'm Water in the western but Fire in the eastern zodiac and i could say it describes me quite accurately !
Old 16-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Guide
I was born May 31, so I would be Gemini. What element does that make me?
Old 16-01-2012, 04:20 AM
feralfae

Dawn, gemini is an air sign.
Old 16-01-2012, 04:26 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I still don't think I have found my primary element. I believe I am leaning slightly toward air at the moment.

Twisting the question slightly - you who DO know what your primary element is; how do you use this knowledge? Do you summon or use energy from that element with any particular benefit? Anything else?

Let see if I can answer this and I hope it makes sense. I move in what is known a 'bird medicine', my rituals and practices are always done with my power animals and they are both birds. I use a feather prayer stick/wand when doing my rituals, feathers are representative of the air element. Using candles also brings into the rituals the need for air to have a flame and to carry the intentions. I also use windchimes as they carry healing sound as needed for certain things. Blue calcite when handled for me releases like a breeze to my spirit and clears the way for my intentions. Other abilities I work with require the element air to be able to do them properly.
Old 16-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Guide
Thanks. I wonder if this is why I'm afraid of water (like large ponds or oceans, not small creeks).