Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 06-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etu Malku
Your situation is highly unlikely, any type of demon is an ancient archetype embedded deep within your psyche, not physically real. Divinatory practices such as the Tarot might possibly bring one of these archetypes into your consciousness, but unless you are deliberately bringing this form into consciousness for a long period of time, you are not going to experience anything physical from it, and even if you're deliberately bringing this form into consciousness . . . the chances of anything physically taking place is almost Nil Nada Zip.

Amen. again like Malku has stated nothing to really do with the divination its just a tool if you manifest these type of things youll probably find a different way to manifest it if it wasnt a Tarot cards it would prolly be something else.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Experiencer
Before I give my view on the subject I will have to mention that I agree with Dragonfly1. Any question that anyone has is worth asking and being answered. We are all learning, we are all on our way, and we are not all on the same page , nor do we all experience the same things spiritually.
We cannot put anyone in a box, or be "dogmatic" by wanting other people's life and experience to fit right in the box that we have conceived. None of us knows it all....spirituallity is a too vast country for any of us to be able to think that we have discovered all that was to be discovered. Otherwise we put ourselves in a position that will keep us from growing. Like people in the past who could not conceive that the earth was not ending at the Pillars of Hercules, that it was flat....when it was suggested to be round, it was back then a laughable, unconceivable idea...Still...we all know better than that now. Another example is the afterlife, or life on other planets.... For me the same way of looking at it applies "As we have not traveled past our galaxy, how could anyone declare as a fact, that it is impossible that there would be life, other beings, in other galaxies ???
Anyway to go back to the original post, here is what I can say from my own experience is:
I have never encountered spirit manifestations while using the Tarot, and personally I do believe that the Tarot initially is just a deck of cards. And cards, any of them, trading cards, play cards, etc...have no power in themselves.
But, I believe that these objects can soak energy positive or negative. These energies can come from the reader, the querent, or...
Speaking from my own experience...yeah, I am among those who believe that there are "spirits" (to use the most common term you can call them which ever way you want) "entities" that are "neutral, negative or positive" , who can also be a contributing factor.
I have experienced negative spirits in different ways and no it was not in my head, but tangible (but this is an all together new subject, so I won't go explaining)....
Still, like I said above, with the Tarot it never happened to me. But one thing I have been doing is follow the advices of many mediums and professional Tarot readers.
I ground myself, I shield myself with Light, Love, Positive energies, I stand my ground by placing boundaries, not allowing any negative energy or entity to interfere, I make myself and the reading I'm about to do "off limits" I do also welcome the Wisdom from above. You can do a google search on my practice and will find that many many mediums or professional Tarot readers do that.
Now, is it "The" Way??? I would not dare say that, it is a way that some of us follow and it bore witness deep inside of me when I found out about it so I have adopted it and told others I know who use the Tarot and some adopted it too...
So, my opinion on your question "ThoughtBroadcaster" is for you to think about all the answers you've got from all of us, and see what bear witness with what you sense, know deep inside and follow the leading.
Peace to you all
Shalimar.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
Not nice Juanita...
Everyone is entitled to say what they think or feel about what they are experiencing (without experiencing rudeness of any kind in response) and if they don't know or understand it, then they should feel free to ask.
And i don't think it's too much to expect respect in a reply, even if you don't agree with what the OP is writing.
Your exasperation..implies the OP is ignorant for asking about such things....how did you become 'all knowing?'..... I apologise if I come across 'rude' to you, but these kinds of responses to people wanting to get information,are entirely uneccessary. Try some humility....have you ever thought, that what you believe could be entirely wrong?.....
Peace.

Dragonfly, I do apologize if I came through sounding rude.....I let my exasperation show through I guess.......I didn't mean to sound rude--I just wanted to be "clear"........
Old 09-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Occultist

Shalimar you are correct I also can use a Poker deck of cards as a divination tool or Psychic cards as well. I could even write on papers and use that as a tarot deck if need be. Because of this I dont believe demonics hang around Tarot cards waiting for people to use them.
Old 14-12-2011, 02:07 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtBroadcaster
i used to dabble with tarot cards and i was visited by demons. i remember a time when a demon visited me in astral form and i couldn’t move and it scratched me. can tarot cards attract such stuff? can demons or the devil give people powers without their consent? makes me wander if my thought broadcasting going very far is really a demonic psychic power. luckily i found someone that does exorcism which is the real deal.

Hello

I personally feel its not the cards that attrct things unless its already there. Used decks that come to one should be blessed and cleansed....like all used items really one gets. The energy of the one that used them before might not have been working in the possitive realms.

I too am not one to go to calling something a "demon" as that very word conjures up the darkest thing that could well be.

If I am given another persons deck to try I do ground well before I touch them and I call in me Guides and protetions. If they feel off at first touch I have no issues saying sorry these do not call to me to use.

We call all fall into attracting the negative energies and at time we do need that 'resuue' to come to us. I know that one well I have had to do it for some and had it done ONCE for me.

If the cards do not call to one to use best to hear that message and not force thigs.

Lynn
Old 16-12-2011, 07:40 PM
ThoughtBroadcaster

i am luckily going to see a shaman that is the real deal and he will journey for me he said and do exorcism on me. soul retrieval as well. he said its not a spiritual release but real exorcism with spirit guiding along with it so spirits do not take up residence else ware. i think spiritual release is not as good as the almighty exorcism which will blow everything out.
Old 16-12-2011, 07:53 PM
vulkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
mattie: if you believe that ALL spiritual entities can be driven out so easily then you have been fooled, and have probably succumbed to one or two such entities' wills.

The power of your 'go away' has to be stronger than the spiritual entity's 'I don't want to' in order for it to be successful. 90% of the time, spiritual entities you meet are cowardly scavengers who just want to nibble on your energy and don't want to get into any kind of conflict that can drain them (they have a much harder time recharging than humans do), so even if they are stronger than you they'll leave you alone and go look for a limping rabbit instead of a fiesty hedgehog. Sometimes, however, you draw the attention of a bigger demon who gets it into his spiritual mind that you would make a good regular meal and attaches himself to you (or attaches you to him). The process of him doing so we won't go into.

Know that these entities can: resist you, lie to you, drain your energy, guide your understanding (but not outright change your mind), guide your emotions (but not outright change your feelings) and more.

The process of dealing with these greater entities is more difficult and if you know someone who can exercise them that is best.
Well said, and some do not subscribe to your belief system or that of xtianity and the vetting system becomes invalid.
Old 16-12-2011, 07:58 PM
vulkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Tarot,Ouija,Crystal ball,Tea,Egg in water,Blood and bones, or any other list of divination tools that has been used through the years is nothing more then a tool to help you focus. I have hundreds of divination tools through my home and even more books on occult and demonology etc, I use Tarot almost every day and never been atttacked by a <Cough> Demonic force.
Its a focus tool if there is evil that comes out of using it then that evil was attached to you from before hand.
You must remember occultist that you are trained in the occult. Most aren't. These tools focul or not open doorways a trained occultist such as yourself knows this and knows how to proctect themselves and how to close this doorway.
Again many do not know this, nor do they have the required amount of training. They do as the poster has implied, they dabble. From a personal perspective I am a dilettante, however I do have formal training just no formal allegiance to any one area of study.
Old 16-12-2011, 08:10 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulkus
You must remember occultist that you are trained in the occult. Most aren't. These tools focul or not open doorways a trained occultist such as yourself knows this and knows how to proctect themselves and how to close this doorway.
Again many do not know this, nor do they have the required amount of training. They do as the poster has implied, they dabble. From a personal perspective I am a dilettante, however I do have formal training just no formal allegiance to any one area of study.

I find myself in agreement w/ Occultist, Norseman, and Vulkus.

I have been a practitioner of Divination (beginning w/ Tarot) for more than 30 years.

I divine Tarot, Runes, Candle Wax and Smoke, TeaLeaves, NatureSigns, Dreams, Hair--and have my own SpiritBoard (that every member of my Family had a hand in creating out of a FatherOak--which was struck down by lightening in our backyard).

I believe all of these things are simply Tools that help me focus on Divine messages and divine their meanings. However--that being said--I approach these sessions with Reverence and Knowledge--then ground myself (afterward).

I do not believe that one must have "Formal" training to do so. I am self-taught and have been guided to all I have needed (at each phase of my journey)--in order to perform the divination (properly). You could say that I have been taught to tap into my innate and natural born Gifts by Spirit.

Read--learn all there is to know and only proceed when you have removed all fear--for fear is what attracts negative energy (and Entities).

"Energy attracts like energy." Feel free to PM me (anytime)--if you have further questions.

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...
Old 18-12-2011, 06:26 AM
oliviasang

Hi.
I agree with Occultist, Norseman, Vulkus, and LadyTerra. I have used the tarot, the board, black mirror, and I throw bones and have for 20 plus years. The only demons I've gotten are the ones I've called on.
The tools of divination are just that, tools. They have no 'power' of their own just what you give them.