Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Ayurveda

Old 26-10-2013, 06:39 PM
africh

cooling food means those foods which have cooling properties. each and every food has cool or heat properties. hot property food increase heat in our body which can lead to high blood pressure. Cooling foods have properties to cool our body.
example;( Hot) spices, tea coffee garlic ginger
(cool) mint cucumber onion watermelon melon lime .
hope this help you to understand :)
Old 03-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Deactivated Account

thank you africh ,

I didn't know about this part " hot property food increase heat in our body which can lead to high blood pressure.".

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 04-12-2013, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator
I would guess that any low-calorie foods would be cooling, as calories are actually a measure of a potential for heat production.

Certainly, fats produce heat. That's why fats are needed in extremely cold conditions. But we all do need SOME fats in the diet, so I wouldn't cut them out entirely, just lower fat intake. You need the Omega fats, and others, so you could have some oily fish (if you eat fish) or Flax seeds if you prefer the vegan option. And vitamin E. Don't stop eating foods that contain vitamin E.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:49 AM
Deactivated Account

I learn something new everyday, thanks Tobi !

Expect Miracles !

Old 04-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
thank you africh ,

I didn't know about this part " hot property food increase heat in our body which can lead to high blood pressure.".

I'm not sure if I have much more to add to this thread, but I just wanted to note that traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) has a similar concept with food being hot/cold (there are also warm, cool and neutral foods).
From what I know, 'hot' foods aren't necessarily bad -- If a person often feels weak or cold, for example, eating warm or hot food would be good for them.
As an example, dong gui (a herb known to be 'heaty') can be used as a blood tonic. Another example is the durian fruit -- It is said to be 'heaty' and provides a lot of energy.

As for cooling stuff, one of my one of my favorites is chrysanthemum tea (mainly because I'm used to drinking it whenever I get a sore throat or some heat-related illness :P). Also, where I live, people would eat mangosteens to balance the 'heatiness' after eating durian fruits.

I don't know how exactly TCM or Ayurveda works, but it's interesting to know.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Pathfinder

Wow, I use the word 'example' way too much lol
Old 07-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Prasant K

In Ayurveda, how a food will affect the doshas, is considered. This is called virya or potency. Food is either hot or cold. This is not temperature, but rather the heating or cooling effect the food will have on the doshas. Cooling foods such as cucumber, fennel or melons are generally good for Pitta, while heating foods such as peppers, onions, tomatoes and mustard are generally good for Vata and Kapha.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:44 AM
Deactivated Account

ahhhh choo ! bless me, lol ! this thread was covered in dust, found in the archives ...........

thanks for the info but dosha, Pitta, Vata and Kapha are Greek to me ......

Karehealth sounds like a website, do you have one ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 08-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Master

http://holisticonline.com/ayurveda/a...sification.htm
Old 08-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks much kris !

That site has an amazing amount of info and answers to my questions, wow !

Expect Miracles !