Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 18-09-2016, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Of A Knight
Meet Harry. He is one of 500 Aussie sheepwho are being illegally held in the Al Rai ..... priceless

i pity a world where people level of conscious wakes up for goats and sheeps
but their conscious sleeps on bigger issues

pathatic world

Shadow Of A Knight, have you never known a Soul connection with an animal? Or ever realised they too, have Souls?
Those whose Hearts open to the suffering of all Creatures, or to the likeness of all Souls, are not always likely to ignore 'bigger issues'.
Old 18-09-2016, 03:30 AM
Master
Wows... And now a thread intended to pay respect to a religious holiday has not only degraded into bashing how it is celebrated but it has also likened us to devil worshipers.

...very disheartening.

On a secondary note, if people were universally required to slaughter their own food we as a species would likely consume a lot less meat.

People become far more removed from the actual animal by purchasing their meat in the market.

As for Shadow, I happen to know he has a remarkable capacity to connect to animals they are quite drawn to him and develop almost an instant kinship. If you ever heard him talk about his pet it's evident he loves her like a child.

I fell in love with her just listening to him.

His big heart and need to care for others (animals included) has to be the single most beautiful thing about him.

I can't help but feel you two have perhaps too much angst towards one another.

It's unfortunate as it seems deep down you are likely both very caring, compassionate... Albeit passionately opinionated people.
Old 18-09-2016, 11:24 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
You haven't described anything! And nor can you, it's the same thing. Both cases demonstrate a total ignorance of the true nature of God.

'Bashing Islam' a well-worn excuse you drag out whenever anyone raises questions you can't answer.

Ignorance. Jesus, the Lamb of God, gave himself as the 'sacrifice, in place of the Passover lamb. One of the allegorical meanings behind it was to show that what God requires is not a blood sacrifice, but a love sacrifice i.e. Service
what i see ignorant is you claiming to know the true nature of God
more than anyone ?
is that massive ego or just ignorance ?
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 18-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Shadow Of A Knight, have you never known a Soul connection with an animal? Or ever realised they too, have Souls?
Those whose Hearts open to the suffering of all Creatures, or to the likeness of all Souls, are not always likely to ignore 'bigger issues'.
i find it absurd that one person claim to care about lives
shout and yell for life of sheep
then the conciousness fall asleep for death of child or human
and suddenly the same person was shouting
goes silence on the matter

to me the person eiather take stand on all issues related
or he doesn't but when person cherry pick
then that person has different agenda at mind
which is not the well being of that animal

yes i had too many pets and i can tell you
all my pets probably loved me more than Albion pet's ever loved him

still at end of day no matter how much i care about them
i know they are animals and we are humans
and we both set on different level on food chain
i don't subdue my self to illusion that animals are here for any reason
other than to serve us mankind and serve earth
by keeping balance

people who take it too far are emotional wrecks in my opinion
i had more pets than anyone here could count
and no pet i had didn't have connection to me
some of them allowed me to bandage a extremely painful wounds
knowing me just laying there hissing in pain but not going away
or trying to hurt me

so yeah i got great connection to animals
still i think we are God's most important and blessed creatures
and the earth and nature and animals
were all made to serve our purpose to extend
and that extend was told in my religion
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 18-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Master

Quote:
i find it absurd that one person claim to care about lives
shout and yell for life of sheep
then the conciousness fall asleep for death of child or human
and suddenly the same person was shouting
goes silence on the matter

to me the person eiather take stand on all issues related
or he doesn't but when person cherry pick
then that person has different agenda at mind
which is not the well being of that animal

yes i had too many pets and i can tell you
all my pets probably loved me more than Albion pet's ever loved him

still at end of day no matter how much i care about them
i know they are animals and we are humans
and we both set on different level on food chain
i don't subdue my self to illusion that animals are here for any reason
other than to serve us mankind and serve earth
by keeping balance

people who take it too far are emotional wrecks in my opinion
i had more pets than anyone here could count
and no pet i had didn't have connection to me
some of them allowed me to bandage a extremely painful wounds
knowing me just laying there hissing in pain but not going away
or trying to hurt me

so yeah i got great connection to animals
still i think we are God's most important and blessed creatures
and the earth and nature and animals
were all made to serve our purpose to extend
and that extend was told in my religion

Well, I suppose we should be grateful this thread is at least still open.
We can't talk about ---- because you get aggressive and abusive, we can't talk about ----, or -----, or -----, or -------, or -----, or -----, or ------, or -----.
Even though it's all openly stated as historical record in Islamic scripture.

There is a saying 'By their fruits ye shall know them' .......

That also applies to SF members! My posting record is available for all to see, as is yours Mr Shadow.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
Wows... And now a thread intended to pay respect to a religious holiday has not only degraded into bashing how it is celebrated but it has also likened us to devil worshipers.

...very disheartening.

On a secondary note, if people were universally required to slaughter their own food we as a species would likely consume a lot less meat.

People become far more removed from the actual animal by purchasing their meat in the market.

As for Shadow, I happen to know he has a remarkable capacity to connect to animals they are quite drawn to him and develop almost an instant kinship. If you ever heard him talk about his pet it's evident he loves her like a child.

I fell in love with her just listening to him.

His big heart and need to care for others (animals included) has to be the single most beautiful thing about him.

I can't help but feel you two have perhaps too much angst towards one another.

It's unfortunate as it seems deep down you are likely both very caring, compassionate... Albeit passionately opinionated people.

Here's something you can do, Google 'dailymotion bloody slaughter of goats on eid'.
I warn you, its graphic, but there you are, that is how Muslims celebrate Eid - and its essential to the flow of the discussion to understand what it involves and what you are defending.

Again, I invite you - and your 'animal loving' friend Mr Shadow - to explain how that is 'paying homage to God'?

And also explain how this is any different to the animal sacrifices of the devil worshippers? Because it looks exactly the same to me!

And in your opinion do such actions, which happen all over the Islamic world, qualify as 'humane slaughter'????

PS: I had put a direct link to that video up, but thought better of it.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Guide

belated eid mubarak 002cents and everyone and sorry for jumping in like this:).

this is a very interesting discussion you are having here. Honestly, while I don't have a very strong view on animal rights and I am a consumer of meat, I still do care about humane treatment of animals and I had seen the images of the 'bloody' river with horror on the news.

I think knightofalbion is onto the core of the matter here when he discussed the metaphor of the lamp and the sacrifice in an earlier post. It does not need an actual sacrifice.

I think that we must keep in mind that religious practices are culturally influenced and as all cultures they are dynamic and can change along with our sensitivities and our belief systems. Just because this practice exists, it does not mean that it is the core element of the religion or the holiday for that matter. There is something wrong if that is the case.

Also: 002cents, just an observation here about a previous post on this thread. I have watched with great interest your other thread about converting to Islam and have been touched greatly with the spiritual journey you have gone through as well as a general sociopolitical motivation behind it. My respect to you for your noble feelings. However, there is nothing great, romantic or thriving about a society where (poor mostly) people do not have access to refrigerators and we, in the Western world can too evaluate our responsibility there. Yes, people who have lived without a refrigerator can do without it and find ways to bypass them BUT I urge you to consider that this has a great toll on their time and resources that could be used elsewhere... also, improper storage of foods may lead to diseases and mortality rate because of foodborne illness is higher in states like that. Just because some people survive or they do not know how to live with a refrigerator -or water infrastructure, or electricity -it does not mean that these won't make their lives easier and give them more time and resource into creative and spiritual endeavors that will help them grow more.
Old 18-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Master
I have seen the film earthlings and frankly no, im not going to watch any videos you post because I am well aware the types of things that are out there on the subject. Dispite the fact that there are outlets here to express your distate for meat eaters you felt compelled to bring your "animal rights activism" to my thread. It is no wonder this site has almost no Muslim people posting with the scales for impropriety heavily weighted on the side of someone who has repeatedly likened us to devil worshipers.

Going forward I will have you blocked as I don't feel this sort of dialogue is beneficial to anyone involved.

Assalamu Alaikum
Old 18-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Well, I suppose we should be grateful this thread is at least still open.
We can't talk about ---- because you get aggressive and abusive, we can't talk about ----, or -----, or -----, or -------, or -----, or -----, or ------, or -----.
Even though it's all openly stated as historical record in Islamic scripture.

There is a saying 'By their fruits ye shall know them' .......

That also applies to SF members! My posting record is available for all to see, as is yours Mr Shadow.
unfortunatly most of the dirty laundry was removed when islamic
section was removed first time thanks to your efforts
and the other few members who were your backup
as for me being aggressive i just don't give rat
i call things as i see them
i see you posting nonsese i will say you are posting nonsense
with no doubt in my mind at all

you asked for difference between two
i gave you difference you ignored the answers
and kept on asking same question
like i said old tactc you and your pals have used
so you can keep dragging topic to your direction

you haven't answered my question which void your entire silly arguemnt
if money was given as charity and people buy meat from market instead
doesn't that result in same result to animals
infact it results in more merciful way to animals to die
unlike market and farms where they are stunned to death
or killer by blunt and other manners of abuse

so eaither answer my question which in it's answers lies
the end of your silly argument
or keep dragging the topic to bash islam as " devil worship "
which in my mind that is the whole goal of your hints

we been through this before
although you're too much of chicken to say it straight
you keep hinting in shifty sneaky way to pass on your points
which is associate islam with devil worship
i am not like you sneaky or shifty that's why you call me aggressive

we both know from past experince your goal is to associate islam with devil worship using animals sacrifice as the link
different between you and me i say it straight
you have to keep a " good boy gentle spirit " image
so you don't want to ruin your image to people around as tolerant person eh ?

anyway i don't have time to spare for you so i shall leave this discussion alone
since unlike you i said my peace
people are welcome to like or dislike what matters to me am straight and honest
even though i may get criticized for that
but at peace in my self for it and i don't care much what people think of me for saying what i think is right

you on other hand gotta image to keep .. the gentle spirit of tolerance lol
Old 18-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Guide

Quote:
you haven't answered my question which void your entire silly arguemnt
if money was given as charity and people buy meat from market instead
doesn't that result in same result to animals
infact it results in more merciful way to animals to die
unlike market and farms where they are stunned to death
or killer by blunt and other manners of abuse

I am not sure what knightofalbion thinks on this, however, I will answer what I believe is my main difference: I believe in what we call public discourse and public pedagogies. On one case, this public emphasis is on the sacrifice, the killing of the animals. On the other, the emphasis is on food for consumption. Now, I am not saying that just because the meat market killing of animals is hidden from the public eye, it is better... however, I do believe that it is better that the emphasis is not into killing and that there is no religious rule emphasizing the consumption of meat. This specific holiday seems to dictate the sacrifice and keep it as a central point, or at least, it is so presented.