Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 11-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Chikari

I have always lucid dreamed...

I have had extremely vivid dreams that I could control for as long as I could remember. Until I talked to others about it and found out about lucid dreaming I had just assumed everyone could control their dreams. Also, because of how real the dreams feel I'll often wake up feeling the emotions of whatever I was feeling in the dream. This usually lasts for a few hours. Have any of you had experiences like this? Do you remember ever lucid dreaming as a child/ adolescent?
Old 11-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Badger1777

Yes to all of the above

I've been able to intentionally invoke lucid dreams of my own making for many years, and even before that, as a kid, I quite often used to realise part way through a dream that I was dreaming, and could therefore control it to varying degrees (although before I practiced through meditation, I would often wake up very shortly after realising I was dreaming, which I think is normal).

My older sister was a bit creepy as a kid though. When I was little, sometimes I'd ask her stuff and she think about it for a minute, and then say "I'll tell you tomorrow". This used to frustrate me because I thought, if she knows, why not just tell me now. Then one day when she was maybe 7 or 8, I lost my temper at her and demanded that she just tell me if she knows, instead of always waiting til morning. That's when she explained (remarkably calmly for a child) that she doesn't know yet, but if she thinks about it just before she goes to sleep, then in her dreams, people will come who know the answers, and she can talk to them to find out, and then when she's about to wake up she can hold onto what they say and she said she loses some of it as she wakes up, but she can usually remember most of it if she really tries.

I remember my parents being quite freaked out by this revelation, but not in a bad way, they were just a bit surprised by it all. The thing is, its one in the eye for the skeptics, because as kids we went to a mundanely ordinary school, lived in an ordinary street etc, so no contact with mediums or anything 'new age', yet she figured this out for herself.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Chikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
Yes to all of the above

I've been able to intentionally invoke lucid dreams of my own making for many years, and even before that, as a kid, I quite often used to realise part way through a dream that I was dreaming, and could therefore control it to varying degrees (although before I practiced through meditation, I would often wake up very shortly after realising I was dreaming, which I think is normal).

My older sister was a bit creepy as a kid though. When I was little, sometimes I'd ask her stuff and she think about it for a minute, and then say "I'll tell you tomorrow". This used to frustrate me because I thought, if she knows, why not just tell me now. Then one day when she was maybe 7 or 8, I lost my temper at her and demanded that she just tell me if she knows, instead of always waiting til morning. That's when she explained (remarkably calmly for a child) that she doesn't know yet, but if she thinks about it just before she goes to sleep, then in her dreams, people will come who know the answers, and she can talk to them to find out, and then when she's about to wake up she can hold onto what they say and she said she loses some of it as she wakes up, but she can usually remember most of it if she really tries.

I remember my parents being quite freaked out by this revelation, but not in a bad way, they were just a bit surprised by it all. The thing is, its one in the eye for the skeptics, because as kids we went to a mundanely ordinary school, lived in an ordinary street etc, so no contact with mediums or anything 'new age', yet she figured this out for herself.

That's really amazing that she figured that out at such a young age!

And yeah, I think its totally normal to wake up soon after realizing you're dreaming. It takes some practice to keep hold.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Guide
My son has told me about a few of his dreams where he was lucid (though he didnt know that word)..and he is 8yrs old.

I was in my 20's when I recalled my first lucid dream. Doesnt mean I didnt have them before, but that is the first I actually remember.
Old 23-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Knower

I have always had lucid dreams too and non-lucid dreams always carry very specific premonitions, I generally don't like them because I hate the lack of control. I always thought it was the norm. I have once tried dream walking after reading about it and it worked (it was very brief) but I think I may try and perfect it.
Old 24-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Pathfinder

I don't think I have ever had a lucid dream.
I might of had one a few weeks ago, in the dream I knew I was dreaming because I was looking at the mirror. My image kept changing but it wasn't until I open my mouth and saw no teeth that I knew I was dreaming. ( gone to the dentist a lot these few weeks might have been why I knew I was dreaming haha) BUT then I'm positive that it became a dream again. If that makes any sense.

It would be nice if I can control my dreams ~
Old 24-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritree
I don't think I have ever had a lucid dream.
I might of had one a few weeks ago, in the dream I knew I was dreaming because I was looking at the mirror. My image kept changing but it wasn't until I open my mouth and saw no teeth that I knew I was dreaming. ( gone to the dentist a lot these few weeks might have been why I knew I was dreaming haha) BUT then I'm positive that it became a dream again. If that makes any sense.

It would be nice if I can control my dreams ~

You can learn to do it, there's some really useful techniques online. It is best to practice whilst napping. I find I still can't always control them, it depends on what the dream is about and if there is a message in there somewhere. :)
Old 24-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Seeker

Vivid recall of dreams? I had a few occur in my teen years.
Lucidity/Control? Not unitl I tried inducing it starting in 2009. My dream recall is very poor these days...
Old 25-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikari
I have had extremely vivid dreams that I could control for as long as I could remember. Until I talked to others about it and found out about lucid dreaming I had just assumed everyone could control their dreams. Also, because of how real the dreams feel I'll often wake up feeling the emotions of whatever I was feeling in the dream. This usually lasts for a few hours. Have any of you had experiences like this? Do you remember ever lucid dreaming as a child/ adolescent?

When lucid dreaming, quiet simply you know you are dreaming. What that means is you are aware it is not real. In the dream you are aware it is not reality. The vivid dream still knows it is still a dream.
Old 14-09-2014, 09:21 AM
lilli

some of this i can relate to, i used to think of what i wanted to dream for example a dream i had that i didnt feel was over and would be able to go back to that dream , this was something i did more as a child and thought we all could do too.