Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 12-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Experiencer
I agree with everything here. Like many of you, I found the term Twin Flame when I was seeking answers for the phenomenon I was experiencing.

I should also add that I was hopelessly infatuated with the same man (a different man) for 11 years, who popped in and out of my life. I think the connection remained because there was unfinished business, not because it was a love like this. This is so very different from what I had with him. But even in those 11 years I didn't go seeking a metaphysical explanation for my obsession. I wasn't called to. I wasn't feeling things on a deep, soul level. But fast forward to eight months after I'd separated from my twin flame, and I was still in the immense depths of the feelings, looking for some sort of answer, some sort of explanation why I could not just "get over" this man like I had so many others. I remember sitting on the sofa, having spent the entire day in deep thought, and the term "twin flame" popped into my brain. It came from a subconscious place. I had never heard the term before. But I was energized and excited to research it, and as soon as I did, boom, boom, boom, explanations for every single thing I had been experiencing. It was all right there. I later realized that a woman I had gone to college with, who is now a spiritual counselor, had mentioned the term on her instagram page, so I'm led to believe I saw it there at some point and registered the phrase subconsciously. But the way it came to me that day on the sofa was clear as a bell, as if some higher power just handed the explanation to me, so I could finally understand the reason for all my suffering.

I often deny my experience. I mean I cannot deny what TF experienced in flesh and body and spirit together, but I often deny to myself that the connection is this strong. Or I tell myself that he doesn't care and he moved on a long time ago, or he forgot me. I've dated probably a dozen men since we ended things, two for more than a month of time. But I always end up back in the same place, to the reality of this love I have for TF, and the love I still feel from him, in spirit. I know there's no way he can ever forget what we had, even if he's choosing not to have it.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Ascender

For me it was never a theory-- I had no idea what twin flames were or any real idea about soul mates (I didn't even know what a soul really was).. I was more formally introduced to my twin flame (though that is not the word used to describe her, which I rather conceal for the moment), that is her presence was announced and introduced-- And just by coming understand who she was, did I begin to understand who I was... And this has only gotten deeper and deeper to the very oneness of us all--

One could say that this is still an introduction I am going through, just to understand whom it is that is coming (because while she definitely can effect reality and make her self known to other people, because she has), she is not incarnated in the physical world the way we would normally recognize as a fellow being--

So while I completely understand one who has not had such an experience would treat it as theory, like one who has not encountered extraterrestrials cannot truly stretch their mind to empathize with such an experience; there are just things so far out of our mundane ordinary, that unless experienced they can only remain an idea, however intriguing it may be or how ever long it is thought upon.. direct experience of it surpasses expectation--
Old 12-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
I believe the concept of the Twin Flame theory originated from the Greek philosopher Plato...

I did a random Google search and found this interesting piece of information...

http://dramandanoelle.com/what-is-th...e-love-theory/

Thanks Somnia

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 12-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Fellow readers - I mean no disrespect to your ideas, nor do I deny conjoining. Love is such though that I wonder when one says this, and what happens when a relationship might end if one uses terms like this. Thanks to everyone's thoughts and responses.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 12-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Guide

I had read Plato's account/theory of the split souls before hearing of twin flames. I remember the glint in twin's eyes when I casually and for totally irrelevant reasons started recounting to him the myth of the split souls. I still at the time had not heard of 'twin flames', I had not experienced the pain of separation and was pretty lively in recounting the myth, with hand gestures and laughing through it. He seems to know of twin flames and calls us twins.

Anyhow, to be honest, I first read about the whole thing 20 or so years ago and it was always a theory, a pretty story to think of but I did not believe anything about it was real. It became real about a year ago, after meeting twin, separating from him and him hinting to me about 'twins' and telepathy...

There is a difference between this or that theory about twin flames/split souls and the reality each one of us experiences. I don't think any theory is sufficient or convincing enough for that.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
Fellow readers - I mean no disrespect to your ideas, nor do I deny conjoining. Love is such though that I wonder when one says this, and what happens when a relationship might end if one uses terms like this. Thanks to everyone's thoughts and responses.

Yesterday, I responded quite strongly to a post claiming that the number of twin flame pairs existing is limited to just 0.01% of the population. What you wonder about is partly the reason why I had such a strong reaction against a set theory of TFs.

While we can all separate intellectually theory from action, there is actually theory behind every course of action we take, whether we realize it or not.

For me, the ideal theory behind twin flames is that the truth of the theory depends on the inner truth of the one who experiences the phenomenon -one that we still need to reach after much reflection, (self)-respect and trust in the divine plan. Such theory for me allows space to avoid certain concerns that have occasionally been expressed here on this forum regarding TF theory, namely obsession, a sense of self-grandiose, stalking and/or the absolute certainty that it is meant to be.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Experiencer
Floatsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy

To answer your question, when a Twin Flame relationship ends, it is never an end, but a beginning. Toward self growth and development. One's own self-growth and development. Eventually it becomes largely irrlevant whether our soul's counterpart is doing the same. But the point is our belief system is not shattered purely because our twin doesn't want us. Two perfect mirrors cannot be together harmoniously if they are only reflecting each other's baggage and blockages and past hurts. Our tasks are to—if we are able—do our individual healing from the inside out, and if we become a higher version of ourself, perhaps reunion will occur. Perhaps not, if our Twin has not achieved the same healing. But in the end, we are better off than before, and the love carries us through all things, until the rest of our days. Love is beautiful and there are so many different kinds of love, but this is the ultimate love. So powerful that it can teach you how to love yourself—which is one of the most difficult accomplishments of the human species. If a Twin Flame "relationship" ends, that does not invalidate the experience we feel at the pit of our souls. The union never truly ends, as the love and the connection continues to fuel us. I am more connected to the universe than I ever have been, and it's because of the doors this connection opened in my life. He was not ready for me. I did not, at the time, realize that I was not ready for him. All I can do is work on myself, pursue a mission, become the best version of myself, share unconditional love. Maybe in many years, the circumstances will change, but for now, this is my journey. Just because my Twin is gone (at least for now) doesn't alter my experience and the truth of what he and I experienced together. Nothing was ever more powerful—for either of us. This is the kind of connection every human longs for. But sometimes when you find it, and you're completely exposed and completely enlightened to your own weaknesses, it is too much to manage, so you go on your own way to heal and grow. If reunion happens, that would be beautiful. But that is not the overall point. The love was, is and will continue to be real. It's the only feeling of love that goes through no alterations. It is as pure and as fixed as the stars in the sky, because our souls are constants, despite our exterior circumstances. My love will always feel the love for his soul, what I saw from looking into his eyes, traveling, laughing, having all-night conversations, sharing dark secrets, igniting in passion and uniting in the ultimate loving form of intimacy, with no barriers, no reservations, no doubts about what was happening in real time between us. The doubts only crept in after separation, when the soul connection took a backseat to the egoic normalcy we'd always known. I'm tired of the normal. I'd love to get back to the abnormal. A connection like that supersedes everything else one could aspire to in this life and on this earth. And once you're together, you feel like you can do all things together. It would be the ultimate gift to have that opportunity with him. To work together to serve others and influence the world. Crossing my fingers that will come to pass some day in this lifetime. But if not, he remains with me. Until eternity.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRestless
To answer your question, when a Twin Flame relationship ends, it is never an end, but a beginning. Toward self growth and development. One's own self-growth and development. Eventually it becomes largely irrlevant whether our soul's counterpart is doing the same. But the point is our belief system is not shattered purely because our twin doesn't want us. Two perfect mirrors cannot be together harmoniously if they are only reflecting each other's baggage and blockages and past hurts. Our tasks are to—if we are able—do our individual healing from the inside out, and if we become a higher version of ourself, perhaps reunion will occur. Perhaps not, if our Twin has not achieved the same healing. But in the end, we are better off than before, and the love carries us through all things, until the rest of our days. Love is beautiful and there are so many different kinds of love, but this is the ultimate love. So powerful that it can teach you how to love yourself—which is one of the most difficult accomplishments of the human species. If a Twin Flame "relationship" ends, that does not invalidate the experience we feel at the pit of our souls. The union never truly ends, as the love and the connection continues to fuel us. I am more connected to the universe than I ever have been, and it's because of the doors this connection opened in my life. He was not ready for me. I did not, at the time, realize that I was not ready for him. All I can do is work on myself, pursue a mission, become the best version of myself, share unconditional love. Maybe in many years, the circumstances will change, but for now, this is my journey. Just because my Twin is gone (at least for now) doesn't alter my experience and the truth of what he and I experienced together. Nothing was ever more powerful—for either of us. This is the kind of connection every human longs for. But sometimes when you find it, and you're completely exposed and completely enlightened to your own weaknesses, it is too much to manage, so you go on your own way to heal and grow. If reunion happens, that would be beautiful. But that is not the overall point. The love was, is and will continue to be real. It's the only feeling of love that goes through no alterations. It is as pure and as fixed as the stars in the sky, because our souls are constants, despite our exterior circumstances. My love will always feel the love for his soul, what I saw from looking into his eyes, traveling, laughing, having all-night conversations, sharing dark secrets, igniting in passion and uniting in the ultimate loving form of intimacy, with no barriers, no reservations, no doubts about what was happening in real time between us. The doubts only crept in after separation, when the soul connection took a backseat to the egoic normalcy we'd always known. I'm tired of the normal. I'd love to get back to the abnormal. A connection like that supersedes everything else one could aspire to in this life and on this earth. And once you're together, you feel like you can do all things together. It would be the ultimate gift to have that opportunity with him. To work together to serve others and influence the world. Crossing my fingers that will come to pass some day in this lifetime. But if not, he remains with me. Until eternity.

I would like to go deeper on such a topic, cuz people rarely touch on it-- But these are limited transient conclusions-- That is, there is a deeper misalignment than one's baggage.. This misalignment is universal and apparent throughout society-- What is that misalignment? That we must be a certain way to create harmony.. That is, we are not fine to just be who we are to remove conflict...

This role of lessons and virtue; this sense of morality is merely adjusting our order to integrate into a higher quality of being within a greater order we find ourselves in-- That is, it is merely working with the symptoms-- This is required right now, because if we wish to get along with our twin flame while such a misalignment exists, while such a situation requires us to adjust our being to exist in a more comparably more joyful state, we must deal with the order as it is and thus a certain method of being must come to fruition-- However, this is only because of the dynamic between us all that causes this, and this dynamic can change.. The dynamic is law, but the law is alive--

That is to say, so long as the conditions of conflict arise when it is undesired; if we wish to avoid conflict we must adjust ourselves accordingly else suffer-- However, if the dynamic between all changes to where such things compliment each other... Then your baggage becomes a gift, your self is complimented by another self whom understands how to approach your baggage; and you as well.. either consciously or unconsciously--

These lessons are indeed karmic, but the lessons are not ultimate; they are as transient as the order we find ourselves in-- That is, these lessons are part of karma, because of the mechanisms in place; this is hard to describe I suppose, but it is like getting a computer for the first time.. the lessons on operating it are learned, but then several years later you get a new one and it is entirely different yet similar in nature, and new lessons must be learned.. suddenly this is happening at a an increasing rate.. it is at this point what is going on begins to become apparent... The lessons are constant, till suddenly.. something higher in you clicks with such an existence.. the way to operate becomes inherent, though things change, you can move around freely as you realize these lessons hold no water; and tis about the enjoyment of being--

And it is then that you realize when you are being healed, it is not about getting better, but about enjoying being healed.. And when you are hurt, it is not about injury but the way in which you are hurt-- Pain becomes worth it, healing becomes worth it-- Because you are moving in such a way that is beyond trying to operate with any specific order, but to express whom it is that you are and to enjoy that expression in all its occasions.. Every emotion in the entire spectrum between fear and love, sorrow and anger, and emotions yet to be known becomes a rich part of who you are; to be enjoyed.. and to understand yourself in the clearest manner, and to have a divine compliment who's dynamic supports that self absolutely; and you the same to them--

You see, these lessons are karmic; not because you must learn how to be; but because simply being who you are is not yet fully supported, because you have not been yourself for so long; you have been twisted and mangled by your intellect; and that this goes deeper than yourself but to the entirety of existence-- that in order to become yourself, so to must the universe arise to its greatest expression-- And that this karma, is both as individual as it is universal, like your being is both individual and universal--
Old 13-05-2016, 05:08 AM
Deactivated Account

Some beautiful posts. Thank you, everyone, for your input and contributions to my inquiry.

Namaste.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 13-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Experiencer
Yes there is heart. Read the book of david. King solomons songs to shulamit. I dont know if this does reffer to the old testament or torah. All i know thats a part of the bible completely erased in the new testament which is sad but anyway i believe even the holy books are the source of love. I even read in the quran and there is nothing of that hate writen which is believed these days. After all the TF journey reveals us how much our hearts are capable to expand in infinite ways of love. Thats what is the source to me, the essence of the big bang and time is caused and the resonance withon every cluster troughout the whole universe till to the cells of every living exsistence. Imagine the big bang is caused like trough a merge of twin flames, the whole idea of creation is love, thats why we are here. Thats why we have this physical vessel and a soul given to it to explore the depts within our heart.