Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You're interested with your figment of Gem and haven't shown any interest in the real person and you went on post after post building the image of Gem with so many deficiencies. So... well wishes on the tail end of the derisive Gem narrative doesn't seem genuine, and thus I have good reason to doubt the integrity of it, and Frankly, after hearing the psycho-pathological narrative, I don't care if you wish me well or tell me to go to hell.
It'll take a wrecking-ball to crack that ego of yours, homz.

(Right, wstein, I'm done - promise.)
Old 25-04-2015, 03:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
It'll take a wrecking-ball to crack that ego of yours, homz.

(Right, wstein, I'm done - promise.)

Ok. Wherever someone inquires about me, I tell a bit of the story, but no one takes any interest in it. I already know that those who say things about me aren't actually interested in me. The things that are said are almost always derogatory in that they describe personal deficiencies, and even further, assert the psycho-pathology that underpins those deficiencies. That's what you've been doing here all this time. Now I think its time to give it up. There must be some reason that you feel compelled to write the story of Gem, but it's all coming from you... not me...

My attention is sitting here, where I am, so I can feel the sensory affect of what everyone says, and I reply from that place of feel. When you impose your story of deficient Gem I feel something unpleasant. This is where it becomes the meditation. When I feel that I understand that it's something insignificant and it won't last long, and certainly, within 30 seconds or so it's gone and forgotten. This means that I experience no reaction to what feels unpleasant, which is why you receive no rebuke... or almost none.

It's unreasonable to come here and assert anything about anyone on anybody else. It is the product of, and it provokes, reactivity. That is what disturbs the meditation, and thereby, disrupts the conversation.

If this is anything to do with meditation, the participants would be quite still and give mindful responses to what is said.
Old 26-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Master
I'd like to say here and now that I reckon you're a rum chap there Gem!

And I'm not here to bounce up your story for good or ill but just to let you know that I've really appreciated the honesty you've been able to find in yourself as it's payed dividends in my own searching and feeling within for that underlying joy we all have.

It may just be the new sugar flavoured syrup I've been craving but does that even matter as long as it does the job... I've really, though, found a way to re-orientate myself within mediation (meditation!, oh very good Freudian slip that) and this no experts idea which for me is that at a certain point we really have to let go of all the ideas of what meditation is and go in boots and all with the kind of honesty only available to our un-substatiated self.

And whether I'm being heard by the story or the pure self of selfs is of no matter really except I do feel happy you are about and doing what you/us does!
Old 27-04-2015, 01:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
I'd like to say here and now that I reckon you're a rum chap there Gem!

And I'm not here to bounce up your story for good or ill but just to let you know that I've really appreciated the honesty you've been able to find in yourself as it's payed dividends in my own searching and feeling within for that underlying joy we all have.

It may just be the new sugar flavoured syrup I've been craving but does that even matter as long as it does the job... I've really, though, found a way to re-orientate myself within mediation (meditation!, oh very good Freudian slip that) and this no experts idea which for me is that at a certain point we really have to let go of all the ideas of what meditation is and go in boots and all with the kind of honesty only available to our un-substatiated self.

And whether I'm being heard by the story or the pure self of selfs is of no matter really except I do feel happy you are about and doing what you/us does!

Rum... hehehe

Thanks, Mr I.

I'm not a perfect person but I'm not a one dimensional subject, and even though I have great virtue and also deep life issues, I'm neither noble or degenerate... by what measure could that even be discerned? The marks left on me by the past are what they are, and there's been a long road that led here, and made me what I am today.

The 'no experts' is way to deconstruct the lengthy discourse on meditation, and reduce the authority that constructs the instructors and the instructed... that really is a shallow way of talking about something which addresses the self in a most fundamental way.

Not in terms of True Self or anything like that, just a person as they are. Not a person with lack that needs to do something about it, but actual 'you' as you are now. Is it possible that 'this' is seen in a dull light only because the social strata sees it as insufficient, and as the ego was constructed throughout a person's social life, that insufficiency became internalised? I guess so, but only because the experts often attempt to frame me in deficient terms, and the bulk of the spiritual discourse depends on the lacking persona so degenerate from God.

Surely those who narrate the deficient story of others do so on the authority of the spiritual discourse... and more generally speaking, on the authority of 'knowledge'. I don't think it's real, so I tend toward real facts such as life is alive right now, and this experience as it is.

Then the meditation is here, the awareness of being as I am and knowing what I am aware of. I can then notice the detail. I can feel each time the finger hits a key, I can hear everything around, I'm more highly attuned to my body, I can feel alive as I live, and know I am here presently.
Old 27-04-2015, 09:51 PM
zombie

Sounds familiar.
It is easier not to share, to engage allows being judged.
High five.
Old 28-04-2015, 02:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie
Sounds familiar.
It is easier not to share, to engage allows being judged.
High five.

That's something I thought of, in regards to judgements and the way people are viewed through the lens of the spiritual discourse. Firstly, the discourse sets certain norms that construct acceptability, so people are pressured by the scrutiny of their peers into a subservient silence.