Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 22-07-2018, 06:53 PM
Experiencer

Have rebuilt my life after my spiritual awakening, but now feeling lonely

I have had a major spiritual awakening about 7 years ago, where the veil was lifted and my life completely transformed.

I started living from my truth and integrity of self, and life changed gradually. I divorced, started my own business, moved into a new house (twice), and I feel that now I am in a very good place with myself and my life.

The only thing I miss is people.

Most of my old friends fell away, as many relationships with them were karmic and based on past wounds and patterns. My one best friend that remained lives in another country, although we talk daily on Facebook.

My family also is in that country, as I moved here 10 years ago.

Apart from my 6 year old son, I basically have no friends. I know a few people, but no intimate friends to invite to my house for dinner or go out.

After my awakening, I feel difficult to meet like-minded people. There's a group of moms where most of them you can tell have settled in unhappy marriages, then other people at the gym I go that have very big egos, etc.

And I work from home, which makes things even harder.

I recently moved into a house in the countryside and when my son is with his dad, I feel really lonely. It seems I only meet people I connect with online.

I cannot go back to have karmic friendships based on superficiality or interests, etc, but also cannot live isolated.

Any advice? Thank you.
Old 30-07-2018, 04:52 AM
Guide
Friends arent easy to come by. Actually they are. Just ask neighbors, have a BBQ, party, poker night, etc. But finding someone that both want to spend time with, get to know, and share everything with, is not easy. I have no answers as i am friendless... So, yea

And judging by the nuber of views with no replies, its safe to say many others are in the same situation

Old 31-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Master

I have found the older I get the less people there are out there willing to invest in friendship. And I happen to be one of them. It just doesn't seem important to me anymore. Life gets so complicated when I have close friends. Feeling can get hurt, I might say the wrong thing and upset them, I may not like their family or their other friends, what if they invite me over and I see they live like a slob or if they have an irritating habit?

I do have acquaintances that I see on a weekly basis. But that's all I consider them to be. And I'm happy with that. I've learned to be my own best friend.
Old 31-07-2018, 03:04 PM
Master

Found this and thought of you.

http://www.moreloveletters.com/
Old 13-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Found this and thought of you.

http://www.moreloveletters.com/

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this! This is simply amazing! It has inspired me to write love notes and just leave them everywhere around. And also respond to these love letter requests across the world.

Spreading love and light because we're all connected.
Old 17-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Master
You are definately not alone.

I have found that part of my spiritual path, is caring for my human needs, including social interaction, and friendships.

I cannot expect humans to fit me, all of my phacets. So, I go by heart only. Is a person's heart open? Then I meet with an open heart, at first they were few and far between, but there seems to be a snowball effect.

Every kind person you meet, greet them. If not for your benefit, and making a friend, then for them to go on in their day with more light and love...

It attracts lightworkers. And makes them <3

Also, just practically, having lived isolated myself - engage in whatever there is in the community... Knitting, church choir, fitness, flea markets... (Not stressing and trying to do it all - but where I lived the occasions were scarse...

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 10-09-2018, 11:16 PM
Ascender
I use to attend a Christian Spiritualist Church where my skills and abilities psychic and devination were very welcome. Now I really do not identify as Christian. I know there are other non Christian spiritual centers just not where I have been living.
Old 23-09-2018, 05:13 AM
Knower
I know this is an old post but it resonates with me. I had my awakening over about six years ago and I have such a hard time connecting with others. I am horrible at small talk and superficial stuff so I alsowasy feel like a weirdo and awkward.
Old 23-09-2018, 07:14 AM
Master
Hi Hernam,

I think there are quite alot of us out there. I used to be more afraid of addressing my Spirituality, but now I try and mention it in normal social settings, almost like a hobby - even though it's almost the other way around, life is a hobby in my Spirituality :). You know, like "I'm into reading, knitting and spirituality."

I don't meet a whole lot of new people, but I've started trying, cause we är out there and I don't want to miss the brothers and sisters that come on my path. I want to pay attention and show myself, some how.

Anyway, I had a lot of practice here in the forum, in finding ways to talk with people w other shapes of Spirituality than my own and finding the common ground.

My awkwardness is part of my build and purpose here, so it's got to be good for something I figure, maybe so that I can practice being brave? ;)

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 24-09-2018, 09:58 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Ki
My awkwardness is part of my build and purpose here, so it's got to be good for something I figure, maybe so that I can practice being brave? ;)
You can do it! I believe in you.