Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 23-09-2017, 10:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Aaron, I do understand when enough is enough. Virtual hugs may not mean much to you, but they come from my heart. I just wish I could take your hurt away.
Well, it's nice to know there's at least one person I don't have to fight. I don't like fighting, but if people give me no other choice, that's what I'll do.
Old 23-09-2017, 10:26 PM
Master

I don't argue on the forum. I respect every one's right to believe as they do. And I think you are doing what's right for you.
Old 24-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color RNA > DNA > Protein > Bioloigcal/Life

I was trying to find some info on codons that caused aging 'Telemores'
http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/conte...ics/telomeres/

but but also instead I found this first link.

http://sciencenordic.com/your-genes-...ow-old-you-get

If you skim that pages above and then what to understand the basics the following is not a a bad beginning. r6

DNA > RNA > Protein > Life/Biological

https://www.nature.com/scitable/topi...nction-6523228

..."This sequence is broken into a series of three-nucleotide units known as codons (Figure 1). The three-letter nature of codons means that the four nucleotides found in mRNA — A, U, G, and C — can produce a total of 64 different combinations. Of these 64 codons, 61 represent amino acids, and the remaining three represent stop signals, which trigger the end of protein synthesis.

....Methionine is specified by the codon AUG, which is also known as the start codon. Consequently, methionine is the first amino acid to dock in the ribosome during the synthesis of proteins.

Tryptophan is unique because it is the only amino acid specified by a single codon.

...The remaining 19 amino acids are specified by between two and six codons each. The codons UAA, UAG, and UGA are the stop codons that signal the termination of translation."....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This means that ribosomes are the sites at which the genetic code is actually read by a cell. Ribosomes are themselves composed of a complex of proteins and specialized RNA molecules called ribosomal RNA

During translation, ribosomes move along an mRNA strand, and with the help of proteins called initiation factors, elongation factors, and release factors, they assemble the sequence of amino acids indicated by the mRNA, thereby forming a protein. In order for this assembly to occur, however, the ribosomes must be surrounded by small but critical molecules called transfer RNA (tRNA).

Termination

Eventually, after elongation has proceeded for some time, the ribosome comes to a stop codon, which signals the end of the genetic message. As a result, the ribosome detaches from the mRNA and releases the amino acid chain. This marks the final phase of translation, which is called termination

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 24-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Question How To Be or Not To Be

http://discovermagazine.com/2013/may...-on-your-genes

..."Darwin and Freud walk into a bar. Two alcoholic mice — a mother and her son — sit on two bar stools, lapping gin from two thimbles.
The mother mouse looks up and says, “Hey, geniuses, tell me how my son got into this sorry state.”

“Bad inheritance,” says Darwin.

“Bad mothering,” says Freud.
--------------------------------
..."You might have inherited not just your grandmother’s knobby knees, but also her predisposition toward depression caused by the neglect she suffered as a newborn.

Or not.

If your grandmother was adopted by nurturing parents, you might be enjoying the boost she received thanks to their love and support. The mechanisms of behavioral epigenetics underlie not only deficits and weaknesses but strengths and resiliencies, too"...

r6

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 25-09-2017, 02:16 AM
Master

I did read your links on post # 113. Amazing what they are able to define now. Totally on-topic. I appreciate that.

That makes sense in post # 114. We have the genes but if they aren't triggered we stand a chance of growing up in a more positive environment. Growing up in the environment we were born in (if negative) can cast us into a world of upheaval. That was me, by the way, but with the help of my 3rd husband I was able to reprogram all of that. Long story, short, it worked after much patience on his part.
Old 25-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Smile 36,000 Sexes of Fungi

Oh good, glad you liked it. I use to read about this stuff some years ago and fascinated by the complexity of our genetics.

Is fungus/mushrooms have 36,000 or more sexes.

https://canmushroomssavetheplanet.wo...ale-or-female/
..."The iconic image of a mushroom does resemble the sexual organs of a man, I must admit, but if you look just a little closer you may notice something different. Let us, then….

....Upon further inspection, I look at the gills, touch them with my fingers, delicate and lovely. I ponder the many billions of spores produced by just one single organism, and I liken it to the vision of a powerful Womyn, with the strength to create and procreate Entire Worlds!

... A grandiose thought perhaps, but still within the realm of possibilities and realities.
Quote:
I did read your links on post # 113. Amazing what they are able to define now. Totally on-topic. I appreciate that.

That makes sense in post # 114. We have the genes but if they aren't triggered we stand a chance of growing up in a more positive environment. Growing up in the environment we were born in (if negative) can cast us into a world of upheaval. That was me, by the way, but with the help of my 3rd husband I was able to reprogram all of that. Long story, short, it worked after much patience on his part.

Old 25-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Cat Yimies!

..."Some of the sexual preferences of Fungi are referred to as Heterothallic. Yes, Heterothallic just like a Heterosexual person. The “male-like” spores seek out the “female-like spores” and upon finding will begin producing their sexual hormones in order to “get it on”, if you will.

...Others are referred to as Homothallic, which means that they enjoy the simplicity of self-pleasure in order to reproduce. Just imagine that every time you self-pleasured, there was the chance of pregnancy!!!

...And to make matters even more complicated, sexual reproduction in the Fungi consists of three sequential stages: plasmogamy, karyogamy, and meiosis. We are talking sex on the nuclear level here, which sounds EXPLOSIVE to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Is fungus/mushrooms have 36,000 or more sexes.

https://canmushroomssavetheplanet.wo...ale-or-female/
..."The iconic image of a mushroom does resemble the sexual organs of a man, I must admit, but if you look just a little closer you may notice something different. Let us, then….

....Upon further inspection, I look at the gills, touch them with my fingers, delicate and lovely. I ponder the many billions of spores produced by just one single organism, and I liken it to the vision of a powerful Womyn, with the strength to create and procreate Entire Worlds!

... A grandiose thought perhaps, but still within the realm of possibilities and realities.

Old 26-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Master

Wow! You're right the complexity of our genes just reminds me (again) that we aren't random blobs of matter stuck together. So much organization and meaning in every tiny thing.

You made me laugh about the fungi. Who would have thought fungi were having (pleasurable?) sex . It almost sounds like an orgie.
Old 26-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
Well, I told her I want the relationship to be over. I gave my reasons why. She attempted to own the situation by repeating those same reasons and offering to end it "if I wished".

I just swallowed the situation and said ok. I don't care who owns the ending of it. I said I'll be sad at your funeral, that we had a chance but you threw it away, then I said goodbye. And I meant it. (Sounds terrible as I write it but I'm younger and my wife has medical concerns. If we lose contact I'll only hear about her again on her death. That will hurt but it's the way it has to be).

I have just gone through this too many times and want no more of it.

It's not nice to lose someone you love, but it's better in the long run to let them go than let it degenerate into something much worse. Over time I will get back to the feeling of normality I had before we met.

And as for mediation, I just don't believe it would work. Actually, it would annoy me if it did work because that would magnify that my ex was more willing to listen to a stranger. People have to look after their relationships as it can end at any moment.

Aaron, I'm very sorry to hear about all of this. It sounds like you've already come to the end of your rope. Sometimes folks are on entirely different wavelengths and are not well suited. And without constant effort and love and communication, it's a lost cause.

If you have reached out to her, if you have listened and forgiven, and if you have freely shared your feelings and your thoughts (and you've not expected her to read your mind ), then you've done all you can do.

It does take two to row the boat. Otherwise, rowing the boat by yourself is far more serene and sustainable.

Best of luck on your path.
Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 26-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
7L Interesting our take on what we have to learn.

In my early years there was no love or support to speak of from family members or those close to me. That's something I had to find on my own many years later. And with such a negative influence in my early years there was much anger that I had to lug around with me every day, 24/7/365 till I was in my 50's.

Only when I got so tired of thinking it, eating it, breathing it when I began hating who I was and the whole pity party theme.

First I had to learn to stop destroying myself. That comes from lack of self love. I worked on forgiving myself; my forgiveness was centered toward me, not anyone outside my sphere. That's where I started. Once I learned to forgive myself, I learned to love myself. From there I could span outward and forgive those in my periphery. But it had to start with me.
Linen - good on you This is spot on, in my book. I hear exactly what you're saying. It takes time to stop beating yourself up because it's what one was used to as a child...we don't even realise when we're young. In many aspects of life, we have to learn what love truly is, in a much deeper purity of expression or manifestation. And where does that often start? So, so often, it starts with saying "no" to folks and behaviours that do not align with our centre. Whilst continuing to welcome those that do into our lives.

Quote:
It's my belief that I was not raised by my soul family. It's a choice I made before incarnating, to be born into the family that I was born in. Because it was my choice to learn some pretty tough lessons that could only be absorbed once everything else was stripped away.

To add to the mix, the genes (back to the subject of this thread) that I was born with into in this lifetime actually helped me achieve what I came here to learn. That's a kicker, huh?

As far as family misjudging, that is not my issue in this lifetime. I think they were amazed that I actually survived, and, yes, flourished. They really wanted nothing to do with me because I was nothing but a reminder of what had happened so many years ago.

You got that right. Certainly I think for many folks, not ALL of your fam is soul family, probably most are not. And maybe none are, for many folks. Instead, you build new ties with many in your family of birth, since you spend so much time around them. And probably a lot of it is exactly to experience the various challenges, both emotional/spiritual and physical, such as the gene you mention.

I don't know exactly what to say about my soul fam. They are deeply humanitarian and aquarian, already aligned to a society and a way of being that has not yet manifested here. They are not overly well suited to the current culture, that's for certain, and I mean that in the best possible sense. Most do not take existence broadly nor human connection and relationships specifically in a light or superficial manner. They understand the power and sanctity. So most of society today, including many in our birth families, don't fully get folks like this as so many today are at a different place and are reveling in the greed, excess, and degradation in various ways

Quote:
Prior life baggage has been a deterrent for me in some of this lifetime. Those past lives helped me see that. I saw direct connections to my frustrations I live with now and how they developed back then.

BTW, I wanted to explain my past life priestess (to Isis) incarnations. The first lifetime I actually adored the Goddess. I served her with every fiber of my body. After that lifetime and into another upcoming life, I want to go back and serve as a priestess again. The advisers tried to dissuade me but I was adamant. So I went back to serve as a priestess to Isis again. But this time it was at the decline of her popularity. The people did not worship her as they had before. I was heartbroken. Utterly devastated.

When I was a priest I did have much frustration in dealing with the hierarchy. It was my immediate supervisor that frustrated me the most. So yes, there was some of that to deal with. As the priestess there was much freedom of love and emotions.
Thanks SO much for sharing about this...very cool indeed. I myself feel a huge resonance with the holistic beliefs and ways of ancient priestesses and with the wise folks, shamans, and druids. But you were able to deal with the hierarchy and you flourished regardless...I applaud you!

Quote:
Yes, I have changed genders often. They say we prefer one gender over the other. And incarnate in that gender the most often. Lol, I just realized one of my incarnations wasn't included in the list. I was a Nordic Warrior and the head of a group of warriors. We traveled across the waters to raid other villages. My memory was, just returning home. My men and I were successful and had many spoils. I told my men to go on up and start celebrating and I'd be with them shortly. My patched in memory saw me (as the warrior) looking out over the boats into the seas and wondering to myself that there must be more to life than just what I had thus far experienced. Something more to life. I felt a hole in my heart.

The strength of that warrior still resides in me today.

So THAT is clearly not always true, then, is it? LOL!!!

I think this insight is one of the most pertinent and universal.
ALSO the one about how you realise you still have the courage and fortitude gained from that earlier life experience as a Viking. You can "see" the connection across lifetimes.

I also don't think I've "picked" a primary gender for eternity. Even if I have done (?), I'm certainly going to continue to switch it up in future
I'm happy to have had experiences as men and women in different settings.
I think it's hugely liberating to know that nothing is "set in stone".
More and more, I get where the Buddhists are coming on this...seeing through the illusory basis for discrimination and bias...the justification of the so-called "inherent moral inferiority" of women, or of minorities, etc, etc, based on superficial "genetic" differences that are said to reflect "eternal" spiritual differences. When in reality, we change up the physical incarnations constantly -- and we do so precisely for those vastly different experiences and the challenges they present!!!

And, all told, it's why I feel that all of this portion of the discussion is really where it's at. It's ultimately about how those genes are expressed within the context of our lives, how they are guided by our experiences and our environment...and by our hearts, minds, and spirit. Though, the genes do rule when it comes to our foundational diet for the body, don't they? Hahaha...as you and I have both learnt so well! That's where I give genes their main due!!!

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke