Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 28-12-2016, 12:53 AM
Seeker

There's nothing more interesting than the relation between the phenomena of Consciousness and dualism/monism. The classical scientist will always go with monism and think there's nothing more to the mind than the physical brain... the dualist, on the other hand, thinks of the mind as existing in a different plain.

So the thing is, if you imagine yourself from the outside, is it YOU who's actually looking? It wouldn't be you if it's outside you. So you are trapped in that subjective perspective... "you" can't say there's something objectively outside of you.

So, I think both dualism and monism have a say at explaining reality. But monism is probably more rational.
Old 28-12-2016, 03:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smewii
There's nothing more interesting than the relation between the phenomena of Consciousness and dualism/monism. The classical scientist will always go with monism and think there's nothing more to the mind than the physical brain... the dualist, on the other hand, thinks of the mind as existing in a different plain.

So the thing is, if you imagine yourself from the outside, is it YOU who's actually looking? It wouldn't be you if it's outside you. So you are trapped in that subjective perspective... "you" can't say there's something objectively outside of you.

So, I think both dualism and monism have a say at explaining reality. But monism is probably more rational.

perhaps. OTOH the monists start from the same place as everyone else, in subjective reality. Then try to make an 'objective' picture of where they fit in some greater reality. Seems simpler just to stay subjective rather than add the extra complexity, at least that is what I would say if I really believed in occam's razor.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by smewii
Hmh ... do their minds, consciousnesses and/or brains work differently due to having different views? Or does the scientist use his brain while die dualist uses his mind? Or maybe the scientist is used by his brain while the dualist is used by his mind
Old 09-01-2017, 05:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Lightbulb DIVINE. The One simulates 2s

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mec
Conceptual thinking cease to exist and all IS. No contender for the push or pull, being steps forward, regains a dominant hold over mind, ever so brief.

===
Lets break down the word Consciousness
Con: together, with
scio (latin): I know, to know
ness: state of being, is

Please note that the same root word SCIO are in the words, ConSCIence & SCIence.
Also "Gnosis" (Latin & Greek) means I know, to know.

===

I have experienced this state of just being "I am" self awareness of self without any boundary conditions, without any body awareness nor any thing present.

I know I am.
I know I am the Source of all my definitions, imaginings and play.

Yes, all is consciousness, self awareness that is still, formless, dimensionless, ONEness.

allONE alONE

Walter Russell, the author of these books:
- The Secret Of Light
- The Universal One
- A New Concept of the Universe

Walter Russell explains the following principles:

[ONE]
KNOWING. DIVINE - UNCONDITIONED LIGHT. LOVE.
There is only ONE CAUSE, CONSCIOUSNESS/ SOUL - the still unconditioned, undivided Magnetic LIGHT.
Knowing, Divine, Magnetic Light of Mind/God/Source is the ONE CAUSE.
Mind is the only existent substance. Real.
The ONE substance of Mind is light. Consciousness/Mind is all that is. Invisible.

[TWO]
The U-niverse is a thought-wave U-niverse of your Mind idea, like a Cinema simulating your imagination.
All effects of MIND THINKING is but an illusion.
Creation is but an electric wave record of thoughts.
Your Soul is that desire manifested by Mind into the material image of your thinking.

This is the 'motion picture' universe of simulation and illusion which dramatizes Mind's idea of REALITY
by electrically projecting the thought-imaged-forms of Mind - Idea upon the imagined-screen of space (vacuum).

[TWO]
THINKING - DIVIDED LIGHT:

+ve. Concentrative thinking manifests the idea of LIFE through multiplied action, constructs bodies (compressed waves) and is centripetal motion.
The effects include: compression, generation, charging, concentration, implosion, inhalation, inwinding, alkaline expression. Polarisation.

-ve. Decentrative thinking manifests the idea of DEATH through divided action, destructs bodies (expanded waves) and is centrifugal motion.
The effects include: expansion, radiation, discharging, decentration, explosion, exhalation, unwinding, acid expression. Depolarisation.

[ONE simulates pairs of TWO]
DIVINE TRINITY
DIVINE is the state of ONEness.
Thinking is DIVIDED - pairs of opposite motion (spirals). Two.
Duality is necessary to experience any motion picture reality.

walter-russell.com