Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-04-2018, 04:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Innerlight, thank you. I actually feel as though I may end up preferring in person readings, but I’m thinking online is a more accessible way to get started and gain experience. I guess you eventually build in person readings through word of mouth.
Old 25-04-2018, 09:07 PM
Administrator
I used to be a phone reader for a well known company.i gave it up because even when I wasn't working call were getting through to me.which they shouldn't have been.
I had to go through a trial reading before they accepted me.and they had a policy if you were dissatisfied with the reading you got your money back.
it never happened to me though.
some psychics and mediums do readings but don't have a clue what they are talking about. but you get that from readers that don't do phone readings anyway.

Namaste
Old 26-04-2018, 12:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I used to be a phone reader for a well known company.i gave it up because even when I wasn't working call were getting through to me.which they shouldn't have been.
I had to go through a trial reading before they accepted me.and they had a policy if you were dissatisfied with the reading you got your money back.
it never happened to me though.
some psychics and mediums do readings but don't have a clue what they are talking about. but you get that from readers that don't do phone readings anyway.

Namaste

I wanted to say I don't feel that is right, when you are off work hours for calls to get through like that. Did the company have a way of informing clients when the readers hours were accessible- fine time to call, and when the calls were not going to be heeded necessarily?- As in this particular reader is off hours- on rest- which is needed in any profession, work situation?

As to the question, I have never been paid for services I've offered whether online or in waking walking life.

I have not done too much work on a face to face basis in my personal life with others, as many do not know at all what I do and therefore do not come to me in matters of the spirit.

There are a couple of occasions where I have done shamanic work for others, but instances like these for me are very rare, because as I said, many who know me, and a lot whom are more than casual friends whom know me well enough, will generally comment on my kindness, but they do not know that I practice shamanism, or magic simply because, they've never asked and have not really discussed things as faith with me. Simply put many even those I know do not take the time to get to know me.

The sole reason I have never worked in the area of psychic ability, or reiki, or healings, is simply I do not charge for things like these. If anyone offered a gift or trade or even money I would be quite shocked. Gift and trade if it is genuinely a gift for my services I would accept if genuine. Money no.

I personally have never been paid for readings. That does not mean however that if that is what you would like to try and do that you shouldn't. And who is to say you shouldn't? If it is your only means of paying bills, I do not see an actual problem with ethics, so long as you are honest with your clients- those you are reading for. Honesty includes letting clients know that indeed if you are not accurate with something to let you know. That too is a way in which we learn.

Honestly this type of work can be very very difficult at times. Half the time offering my assistance here for free at sf, if I am told I am accurate a lot of the time I often feel doubtful and question whether others are merely saying that, or lying. But this is an issue of my own that I need to work through and is no fault of anyone else. I tell myself I am just being more than a bit paranoid.

Like John said if it is something you'd like to try there is no harm in trying. If it does not work out don't be too hard on yourself, there is always the possibility of more opportunities coming to you. And if you find you don't like it, well it is an experience none the less that you learned something from, you would have learned what you do not particularly like, and that can be just as profound experience of getting to know your true self, as those things you do.

All my blessings to you thelight.
Old 26-04-2018, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelight
Innerlight, thank you. I actually feel as though I may end up preferring in person readings, but I’m thinking online is a more accessible way to get started and gain experience. I guess you eventually build in person readings through word of mouth.

Online can be a more accessible way to get out there, because it's a bigger market to tap into. Online/distant you have the entire world. In person, well you have, all that have come in person. Word of mouth is how you really build yourself up, in any of it. But from there is goes on how you provide for these people. The connections you make for them, and the way you present your stuff to them. There are countless people doing readings. Being unique is what will set you apart from others.

But you just have to go out there. If this place is giving you a shot, it doesn't hurt to at least really check it out. See what it has to offer. If it's not for you. Then go another way. The only downside maybe that you're building up this company and not yourself.