Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 15-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Yesterday I got a new pendulum, today I was asking it which direction it would swing for each answer. I got the same front and back for a yes, sideways for a no, clockwise circle for a maybe . Then I decided to ask which direction when it didn't want to answer my question and it swung in a counterclockwise circle - first time I have had that movement. Usually my pendulums just stay still, don't swing at all..... when they don't want to answer a question.

This one seems more attuned to you then. :)

Ask "Am I in harmony with this pendulum?"
Old 16-02-2011, 03:24 PM
LightFilledHeart

I'm so intrigued with the success you all have ascertaining accurate divination information from a pendulum. I have never been able to get mine to work. It circles to the right for a yes and goes back and forth from front to back for a no, but it just is not accurate. It seems the subconscious mind definitely dictates the answers one receives, and even the SLIGHTEST undetected movement will influence the direction it displays. I tested mine by writing three questions (the answers to which were absolute and known by me) on slips of paper, which I then folded into exact sized squares to cover any signs of which question was on which slip of paper. I then dowsed with the pendulum for the answers, jotting down the yes or no's and keeping the slips in the same order I'd asked the questions. Every single one of the answers received through the pendulum were in accurate! I was so disappointed!

Now I've worked with actual dowsing RODS in the past, and I have likewise found them to be unreliable. Sometimes they give me accurate answers, and other times not. It seems in the event of a question to which I have a strong emotional attachment, they are nearly always wrong, giving me not the true answer but rather the one I want to hear. Please know that I am NOT consciously making any movements (even infinitesimal!) that would influence the outcome.
Old 16-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I'm so intrigued with the success you all have ascertaining accurate divination information from a pendulum. I have never been able to get mine to work. It circles to the right for a yes and goes back and forth from front to back for a no, but it just is not accurate. It seems the subconscious mind definitely dictates the answers one receives, and even the SLIGHTEST undetected movement will influence the direction it displays. I tested mine by writing three questions (the answers to which were absolute and known by me) on slips of paper, which I then folded into exact sized squares to cover any signs of which question was on which slip of paper. I then dowsed with the pendulum for the answers, jotting down the yes or no's and keeping the slips in the same order I'd asked the questions. Every single one of the answers received through the pendulum were in accurate! I was so disappointed!

Now I've worked with actual dowsing RODS in the past, and I have likewise found them to be unreliable. Sometimes they give me accurate answers, and other times not. It seems in the event of a question to which I have a strong emotional attachment, they are nearly always wrong, giving me not the true answer but rather the one I want to hear. Please know that I am NOT consciously making any movements (even infinitesimal!) that would influence the outcome.

May I ask you a question? How much do you trust what you receive from people you speak to? Do you have problems believing what people tell you?

This happens sometimes with a pendulum when you have your own personal trust issues. You access your higher self or your oversoul when you work with a "pendy". Make your own out of a ring and yarn or thread. Then ask "Is this pendulum in harmony with me". IF it moves AT ALL. that is the sign it is.

Then... say "Show me a clear sign for yes" "Show me a clear sign for no."

Try small things first. "All things considered, is it optimal (This sentence covers things that are unknown to your conscious but accesses your higher consciousness).... then ask Am I female? Do I have 3 children?

If you feel your flinching and making it swing... that's OK!! You are supposed to! Try to make it spin... make it go in a huge circle like your playing with it. Then...ask your question. Allow it to settle to a perpetual motion... it should answer you correctly.

Another thing I tell students.. After you ask, look away and start to sing Happy Birthday. Once you finish the song, look at your pendy.

Did you try watching the You Tube instructions I've posted from Amy?
It may help you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPk9iEw0-s
Old 16-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Moonkestrel

Great thread - I recently brought a beautiful crystal pendulum and have a really strong connection to it however, wasn't sure where to start using it..now I know! Thanks guys!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:39 AM
Medium_Laura

If you have questions Moon, just ask away. I've used mine for many years :) Always has served me well :)
Old 23-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart

Hello Heart !
Most interesting to hear about you working with dowsing Rods. Sorry to hear they didn't work for you. I haven't heard of that before, in my mind I am visualizing a kind of a stick, like in the olden days when people were divining for water ? am I even close ?

I am wondering if pendulums or dowsing rods just aren't meant to be for certain people - thinking of a friend of mine who recently bought one. She tried and tried and it just wouldn't move at all ! I have never seen that happen, so I tried it and it moved for me... I even asked it questions for her and it answered, then gave it back to her and nothing. She decided to return it to the store.

Do you use Angel cards ? or other forms of divination ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 23-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Deactivated Account

Last night I was working with my pendulum and the strangest thing, well not the strangest thing... but strange, happened. I asked the question and the pendulum started to answer no, then changed it's mind and answered yes, and quite excitedly ! This happened twice with 2 seperate questions.

I started the questions with " Is it in the best interest of all parties concerned that ....... happens ? "

Has anyone else had this happen, where the pendulum changes its mind ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 23-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Medium_Laura

It may mean you are mentally changing the swing without knowing it.

I usually close my eyes and reword the question. Is ____ for my highest good? Close your eyes, count to 15 and then see what your pendulum is doing :)
Old 23-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Laura, so it would be ok to ask the question again... using your suggestion for wording ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 23-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Medium_Laura

Yes, try rewording it and asking again. Many times I do this if I think I'm biasing it. I tell it my intent too lol (though I know I'm talking to me. ie: my highest self). I will say that I think I influenced it. I need it to give me truths and not my desires. Then I'll ask "Are you ready to give me truthful answers?" It will say yes or no. Then I will reword the original question