Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 02-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Master
Watching the blue wrens nestle and perch upon my Murraya tree.
An ice-cold watermelon juice on a stinking hot day.
Playing my tabla to an upbeat devotional kirtan until I become lost in it.
Seeing a beautiful 12mth old baby smile at me...the mother says "wave to the nice lady" and the baby blushes, waves slightly before burying their head in the mother's clothes. I grin from ear to ear like a Cheshire cat.
Going into a pet shop to play with the puppies and kittens...or I'm like a big kid whenever the 'baby animal farm' takes centre stage at the shopping mall...meanwhile my mum goes "no you don't...don't be silly...oh gawd, yes you're going to, aren't you?" and I go 'yup...you know it'.
Feeling the love from God and expressing it in return.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Newbie ;)

My morning Coffee!
Old 10-05-2018, 01:59 AM
Master
A full night's sleep without any nightmares or weird dreams. Also, my wonderfully soft mattress.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Ankhesenamun

I would be happy if I could just have a normal life, free of constant abuse and attacks, false allegations and me constantly having to consider where I can go at what time to minimize the risk of more attacks, free of being stalked, harassed, threatened, screamed at.

I would be happy if people that I have to interact with would respect me as a normal human being instead of treating me with contempt and then spreading malicious lies about me.

Just a normal life, that's what would make me happy. Sadly this is something I have never had.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:12 AM
Experiencer
Getting a hair cut or a massage usually makes me happy.
Old 13-10-2018, 11:31 AM
Deactivated Account
Sunflowers
Old 13-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Pathfinder

Nothing. Sometimes I just be happy for no reason at all though.
Old 13-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhesenamun
I would be happy if I could just have a normal life, free of constant abuse and attacks, false allegations and me constantly having to consider where I can go at what time to minimize the risk of more attacks, free of being stalked, harassed, threatened, screamed at.

I would be happy if people that I have to interact with would respect me as a normal human being instead of treating me with contempt and then spreading malicious lies about me.

Just a normal life, that's what would make me happy. Sadly this is something I have never had.

Its an illusion, you don't need any of that to be happy. None of those things have the power to deprive you of happiness unless you give them the power. It sounds like you have things pretty rough, I got dealt a hardcore hand of ****ed up too, you can use it all as a tool to liberate your consciousness. The way I do it is anchor myself in my body and let it all pass through me. Self inquiry practice, it becomes second nature. I recommend listening to Anthony de Mello audiobooks on youtube, this really helped me profoundly. A "normal" life isn't something you need to be happy. In this world its pretty normal to be miserable. You see people with what look like really good lives on the outside, but they are not happy. Then there's people with what look like really harsh and hard lives and they are happy on the inside. Things aren't what they seem on the surface. That Hindu sacred text the Bhagavagita, its set on a battlefield in the middle of a war. You might like this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS9V_A_0eQk
Old 13-10-2018, 10:30 PM
Master
Today was saw an egret on our walk. And one of the horses stared me down for a hug. It was a beautiful morning!
Old 24-03-2019, 04:37 AM
Master
The color of green so bright it hurts my eyes just beginning to peek out from the brown of winter.