Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 22-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Beannaithe.Anem

Frustrated with Pendulum..

I feel drawn to doing pendulums.. I make my own but am feeling drawn to a rose quartz crystal pendulum.... Every time I do pendulums, I read that it's best to practice on myself but more than half of my answers from the pendulum is wrong... Why am I feeling drawn to doing the pendulum but am getting wrong answers? Hell I get more correct answers by following my intuition (back when I was practicing).. what am I doing wrong??
Old 22-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Master
What are some examples of wrong answers?
Jmaes
Old 22-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Beannaithe.Anem

I'm still learning -- but questions like, a friend requested that I practice on her and she asked a question about the last 4 social security nbr - I was wrong with the pendulum, questions like that.
Old 22-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Medium_Laura

It's harder to access someone elses higher self truths. You need to get a good working relationship with your own higher self first. It is not a prediction tool and it does not like to play guessing games. If you try to "show off" with it, your higher self will send wrong answers or mixed signals. Divination is a tool, not a toy :)

Try some of my posts here in the pendulum section to know how to phrase a question, what to ask, what not to ask :)
Old 22-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beannaithe.Anem
I'm still learning -- but questions like, a friend requested that I practice on her and she asked a question about the last 4 social security nbr - I was wrong with the pendulum, questions like that.

See now that is like making a mockery of it's use. It's not a magic trick...lol
The old bible verse comes to mind or at least the energy of it:
"do not test the lord thy God"

Blessings, James
Old 22-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Medium_Laura

I agree WS :)
Old 22-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Master
Cool!........
Old 22-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Eelco

Hi,

Just offering a different perspective here.
I believe even our higher self is our self just as much as our lower self. Part of the same being.. So if one of the 2 feels like goofing around. Thats OK.

When starting out with a pendulum i think one should practice, experiment and goof around with it. My feeling is that it helps getting a comfortable feeling when pendulooming. Don't get discouraged when answers seem wrong. I don't feel it is tempting the gods or disrespect that comes through.
Just the way your body energy is wired at that moment. Their are many possibilities of why this is so. In noticing that Beannaithe.anem feels he gets more "correct answers from following his/her intuition I feel (s)he is doing a wonderful job in experiencing what a pendulum has to offer don't you think?

Divination is what we make it to be. tool,game showing of item... Free choice remember.

With Love
Eelco
Old 22-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
Hi,

Just offering a different perspective here.
I believe even our higher self is our self just as much as our lower self. Part of the same being.. So if one of the 2 feels like goofing around. Thats OK.

When starting out with a pendulum i think one should practice, experiment and goof around with it. My feeling is that it helps getting a comfortable feeling when pendulooming. Don't get discouraged when answers seem wrong. I don't feel it is tempting the gods or disrespect that comes through.
Just the way your body energy is wired at that moment. Their are many possibilities of why this is so. In noticing that Beannaithe.anem feels he gets more "correct answers from following his/her intuition I feel (s)he is doing a wonderful job in experiencing what a pendulum has to offer don't you think?

Divination is what we make it to be. tool,game showing of item... Free choice remember.

With Love
Eelco

Good points.........I stand corrected.
Old 22-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Medium_Laura

The OP was asking as to why she was getting wrong answers. That is my view that when you use it for games, it will not answer true. When you use it with respect (respect of your higher self) then it will.

Sure practice is key. I'm pretty accurate with mine for myself. When I start to use it for fun "how many cats do I have?" it will always mess with me.

If I use it to divine missing items or people, it rings true.

I've been using them for over 20 years, just my 2 cents.