Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 09-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Lady Scarletmoon

Color Gay friendly religions?

I'm looking for a belief system that will not consitantly say i'm going to hell because i'm a lesbian....do u know of any?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Master
I read this earlier but couldn't think of one that I know of, but then I just thought have you tried any of the Unitarian churches? I imagine they'd be a good bet.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:22 AM
clovelly

I often participate a Hindi group that has a raja yoga meditation for gay people 1 day a week. Maybe there is one near you.

Good luck,
Love & light xxx
Old 10-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarletmoon
I'm looking for a belief system that will not consitantly say i'm going to hell because i'm a lesbian....do u know of any?

LOL..sorry..but isn't that a gay stigma you're carrying? If you weren't gay would it matter anyway? I'd say, just be yourself and like you for who you are and ignore what others think.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Lady Scarletmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
LOL..sorry..but isn't that a gay stigma you're carrying? If you weren't gay would it matter anyway? I'd say, just be yourself and like you for who you are and ignore what others think.
you obviously don't know Utah...(where i live currently)try being gay there then tell me that :p
Old 10-04-2011, 04:21 AM
Shim

Have you tried entering into a class with an outlook of wanting to learn something new? Or are you wanting to go into a class having them tell you what you already know?
Old 10-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarletmoon
you obviously don't know Utah...(where i live currently)try being gay there then tell me that :p

no i dont know utah. I'm not sure how geography plays a role in it? What choices you make for your own life are your own business and no one else's. If its a gay-bashing place then they are just small-minded people. So can you move?
Old 10-04-2011, 04:33 AM
Lady Scarletmoon

Sadly not.... :p i still live with my mom
And more than half the utah population is Mormon, so yes it is a gay bashing state
Old 10-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Shim

Ahh and the unitarian church is too a cult. I would recommend walking into any church, that is a denomination of Christianity, and before attending a service seek a meeting with an elder or eg., pastor, and talk about your issues. Let's hold all prejudices aside, and remember that the church is patient while one seeks to find their sexual identity.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Master
Ah..so now i see from your profile you're very young and like most you're age, haven't yet established your feet on the earth or made any final decisions on anything. I'll be betting you will change ideas continually while deciding who you are in the world...gay one minute, straight the next....bi tomorrow and no one next week. Its part of the hormone havoc.

Regardless, whatever choices you decide on in life will never meet everyone's approval, so you will learn over time to toughen your hide and let it all bounce off.

Cheers