Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 28-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Master
Signs of Results...

Master Padma said: If you do not perfect the signs through practicing the Dharma, the instructions have not truly taken effect.

Lady Tsogyal asked: What is meant by that?

The master replied: The inner signs are that bliss, clarity, and nonthought dawn from within you. Free from clinging to concreteness and fixating on disturbing emotions, your thoughts are self-liberated. The middle signs of discovering the blessings of the Dharma are when blessings spontaneously manifest within your body and speech, when you are able to cut through negative emotions and overcome difficulties, and when sickness, negative forces, and the Maras cannot deceive you. The outer signs of having freed your mind through Dharma practice are when, free from the eight worldly concerns, the knot of your ego-clinging is untied and falls apart. In general, certainty will not arise if the Dharma master is incompetent.

Padmasambhava guru Rinpoche. Dakini Teachings.
Old 28-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Master Padma said: If you do not perfect the signs through practicing the Dharma, the instructions have not truly taken effect.

The master replied: The inner signs are that bliss, clarity, and nonthought dawn from within you. Free from clinging to concreteness and fixating on disturbing emotions, your thoughts are self-liberated. The middle signs of discovering the blessings of the Dharma are when blessings spontaneously manifest within your body and speech, when you are able to cut through negative emotions and overcome difficulties, and when sickness, negative forces, and the Maras cannot deceive you. The outer signs of having freed your mind through Dharma practice are when, free from the eight worldly concerns, the knot of your ego-clinging is untied and falls apart. In general, certainty will not arise if the Dharma master is incompetent.

'Therefore it is of utmost importance to connect yourself to a master with an unbroken lineage of wondrous siddhas. Keep that in mind!'

You missed this part out, it's on jeffs post.

I think some will see signs of results themselves while practising Dharma thats why they don't always follow gurus. They say the proof of the pudding is in the eating
Old 28-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Master
That is a simple teaching from a Buddha telling you what the state of mind is like.

Nothing about guru's in this post or any comments from Jeff. If you can link to something I left out please do.

Here is where it was originally posted to see for yourselves... you have to be a member to see this post.

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/400...ns-of-results/

Also, please try to stay on topic instead of just disparaging stuff.
Old 28-11-2017, 03:35 PM
Master
Signs Of Results...

By*Jeff,*April 3, 2015*in*General Conversations*

JeffMemberAdministrators1,115 posts

Report post*

Posted*April 3, 2015

Master Padma said:*If you do not perfect the signs through practicing the Dharma, the instructions have not truly taken effect.

The master replied:*The inner signs are that bliss, clarity, and nonthought dawn from within you. Free from clinging to concreteness and fixating on disturbing emotions, your thoughts are self-liberated. The middle signs of discovering the blessings of the Dharma are when blessings spontaneously manifest within your body and speech, when you are able to cut through negative emotions and overcome difficulties, and when sickness, negative forces, and the Maras cannot deceive you. The outer signs of having freed your mind through Dharma practice are when, free from the eight worldly concerns, the knot of your ego-clinging is untied and falls apart. In general, certainty will not arise if the Dharma master is incompetent.

Therefore it is of utmost importance to connect yourself to a master with an unbroken lineage of wondrous siddhas. Keep that in mind!

Padmasambhava guru Rinpoche. Dakini Teachings.*

Report post*

Posted*April 4, 2015

**On Friday, April 03, 2015 at 6:09 PM, Jeff said:

Hope this helps
Old 28-11-2017, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
That is a simple teaching from a Buddha telling you what the state of mind is like.

Nothing about guru's in this post or any comments from Jeff. If you can link to something I left out please do.

Here is where it was originally posted to see for yourselves... you have to be a member to see this post.

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/400...ns-of-results/

Also, please try to stay on topic instead of just disparaging stuff.

No disparaging at all, just pointing out that a sensible person can see results for themselves without a master/guru.
Old 28-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No disparaging at all, just pointing out that a sensible person can see results for themselves without a master/guru.

Ah,

That was from my forum thanks :)

Also, that is a Buddhist teaching. A Buddha saying that.

Not Jeff.

It is a quote from a book.

Again you are disparaging the Buddhist teachings and attacking others all at the same time.

Buddhism is teacher based.. or 99% of the traditions are.

Also, Guru Rinpoche is telling you what the results or fruit of ones practice should be..

The inner signs are that bliss, clarity, and nonthought dawn from within you. Free from clinging to concreteness and fixating on disturbing emotions, your thoughts are self-liberated. The middle signs of discovering the blessings of the Dharma are when blessings spontaneously manifest within your body and speech, when you are able to cut through negative emotions and overcome difficulties, and when sickness, negative forces, and the Maras cannot deceive you. The outer signs of having freed your mind through Dharma practice are when, free from the eight worldly concerns, the knot of your ego-clinging is untied and falls apart.

If you are able to achieve or have achieved all that without a tradition then very cool but from our conversations..
Old 28-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Ah,

That was from my forum thanks :)

Also, that is a Buddhist teaching. A Buddha saying that.

Not Jeff.

It is a quote from a book.

Again you are disparaging the Buddhist teachings and attacking others all at the same time.

Buddhism is teacher based.. or 99% of the traditions are.

Yes I know its from the book Dakini Teachings but you missed part of it out....
Which Sutta contains your post please ? I would like to read it, I loveeee Buddha's teachings
I do agree btw that results are important but I don't agree you need master/guru, common sense will tell you this.
Old 28-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes I know its from the book Dakini Teachings but you missed part of it out....
Which Sutta contains your post please ? I would like to read it, I loveeee Buddha's teachings
I do agree btw that results are important but I don't agree you need master/guru, common sense will tell you this.

Not all Buddhist teachings are from sutras.. Maybe it is from one. I just got it from the book and it is an accepted teachings.

Also, you only loveeee the Buddha teachings you accept. Seen many times where to discount a teaching because of a tradition or whatever you may disagree with.

Common sense says you had TWO TEACHERS :)

Common sense says that you are a teacher who's teaches methods that can only be learned properly from a teacher :)

Yet you discourage others..

Also, let's look at the comment.

How do you have that state of mind, move to such clarity as described?

Do you listen to binary beats? Stare at a candle while listening to music?

Do you do breath meditation and then get lost in the visions?

What do you do next? Is there a next? Would the methods above work? No.. they wouldn't.. they are each done wrong.

If you don't know what to do or how to do it properly how do you learn?

The most effective way is to find a system of practices that have been proven effective for thousands of years... maybe that might be a good idea?

Hmm, guess what.. that is what Buddhism and the various traditions are. Step by step practices to take one to the realization described above.

Common sense shows that very, very few achieve it on there own. Most just get lost, give up or get trapped in 3rd eye stuff.

Kinda like the blind leading the blind going on your own, trying to figure out an effective system that doesn't harm you and is effective in bringing positive change to your life.

My stance is why disparage or discourage a valid proven path/traditions?

Going on your own is much, much harder to do... just look around

Look at the thread and the attacks on people who say they experience bliss. Yet all the traditions talk about bliss.. yet all those who go on their own... bliss is bad, not true, not real, just a temporary thing... learning the truth it is a part of our being..

Following a path, a tradition one would learn how for example how to do Shine with an Object correctly and experience bliss pretty quickly.. Then they would move to Shine without an Object.. Then Natural Shine.. Then Rigpa... All the while improving the quality of ones life and experiencing the truth of the dharma.
Old 28-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Not all Buddhist teachings are from sutras.. Maybe it is from one. I just got it from the book and it is an accepted teachings.

Also, you only loveeee the Buddha teachings you accept. Seen many times where to discount a teaching because of a tradition or whatever you may disagree with.

Common sense says you had TWO TEACHERS :)

Common sense says that you are a teacher who's teaches methods that can only be learned properly from a teacher :)

Yet you discourage others..

Also, let's look at the comment.

How do you have that state of mind, move to such clarity as described?

Do you listen to binary beats? Stare at a candle while listening to music?

Do you do breath meditation and then get lost in the visions?

What do you do next? Is there a next? Would the methods above work? No.. they wouldn't.. they are each done wrong.

If you don't know what to do or how to do it properly how do you learn?

The most effective way is to find a system of practices that have been proven effective for thousands of years... maybe that might be a good idea?

Hmm, guess what.. that is what Buddhism and the various traditions are. Step by step practices to take one to the realization described above.

Common sense shows that very, very few achieve it on there own. Most just get lost, give up or get trapped in 3rd eye stuff.

Kinda like the blind leading the blind going on your own, trying to figure out an effective system that doesn't harm you and is effective in bringing positive change to your life.

My stance is why disparage or discourage a valid proven path/traditions?

Going on your own is much, much harder to do... just look around

Look at the thread and the attacks on people who say they experience bliss. Yet all the traditions talk about bliss.. yet all those who go on their own... bliss is bad, not true, not real, just a temporary thing... learning the truth it is a part of our being..

Following a path, a tradition one would learn how for example how to do Shine with an Object correctly and experience bliss pretty quickly.. Then they would move to Shine without an Object.. Then Natural Shine.. Then Rigpa... All the while improving the quality of ones life and experiencing the truth of the dharma.

Which teachings, Suttas or whatever from the Buddha incorporates jeffs/your post please ?
Old 28-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:

I like this, especially the part about your thoughts being self liberated. I'm surprised they use the term non- thought prior to it cuz it makes more sense to say that there is thought but you are liberated from them.
I would also add that practicing the dharma to me means being inline with the natural order of things and one could do that without ever reading the teachings of the Buddha. Why? Because everything and everyone in this universe is our guide and our guru. That's how I see it anyways.
Nice post, I enjoyed reading it. The results to me are simply the effect of being in line with the natural order of things.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness