Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Ok. You would have gathered by now that I see all that as irrelevant for the purpose of connection, but never mind, what works for one may not work for another.

That's convenient. And I haven't gathered, as I don't read many of your posts

Quote:
How are you progressing on your spiritual path and how would you describe its objective?

I would say it's going very well, thank you. Objective?
Old 18-10-2017, 02:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
That's convenient. And I haven't gathered, as I don't read many of your posts

I would say it's going very well, thank you. Objective?

Glad to hear that and may it continue to be so. Good luck.
Old 19-10-2017, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Does that bother you? And anyway how would you describe the objective of the search for you?

It doesn't bother me. When one enters the stillness that transcends the little self-created separatist ego, one's mind is literally boggled and one just IS.

Sustaining it is a challenge though but one realizes that at-one-ment surrendering is indeed the key and one takes it one-step-at-a-time without knowing what the "objective" is though the milestone "objectives" become clear once one has the relevant experience.
Old 20-10-2017, 01:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
It doesn't bother me. When one enters the stillness that transcends the little self-created separatist ego, one's mind is literally boggled and one just IS.

Sustaining it is a challenge though but one realizes that at-one-ment surrendering is indeed the key and one takes it one-step-at-a-time without knowing what the "objective" is though the milestone "objectives" become clear once one has the relevant experience.

Yes ending a search for connection to Oneness would not be relevant for you if that is not your objective (not yet anyway:).

Good luck.
Old 28-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes ending a search for connection to Oneness would not be relevant for you if that is not your objective (not yet anyway:).

Good luck.

Perhaps, I was not clear but that was not the point .... "not yet anyway".
Old 28-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Perhaps, I was not clear but that was not the point .... "not yet anyway".

You would need to say more about the objective you are seeking, if we are to continue otherwise good luck :)
Old 08-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Whether it is/was or wasn’t my experience, it is still just another pointer story, a mapped memory story and besides, anybody on the net can claim anything as their personal experience.

But from an ugly duckling who doesn’t know who or what he/she is to a realized Swan (in the State of Grace). Is such a scenario possible?

Perhaps part of the presence of God’s Grace is that we can afford to surrender, let go of our maps (trying to understand everything) and enter into a simple state of just being, a state of not knowing.
Staying attuned to God’s Grace Presence whilst not knowing can be more powerful a tool than us (the “me, I”) striving to intellectually arrive to and have ready answers to everything.

Whether awakening as an energetic shift to a non-dual vision (ascending with the view?) to meet up and merge with the descending Spirit is sudden or a slow unfolding process (a path), the Dimension of Grace is about shifting from self-effort to not doing and not knowing in my understanding.

Thanks, well said.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:42 AM
Master

Quote:
You are told so often that this or that has to be achieved for liberation. That there is this distance between you and your objective and given guidance as to how you may travel that distance.

In the spiritual supermarket there are many such stories offered to you (some even claim to be true:) along with only one story that requires nothing from you whatsoever for connection purposes. It is the non duality story that asserts that ALL is already complete just as it already is with no distance to travel at all for total unavoidable connection to the sublime no matter what your current state may be.

The latter is usually for those who have suspected all along that the answer is that things are already perfect just as they already are, or who have become disilussioned with progress on this or that path.

Why are there so many Satsangs then ? The phenomena of which has taken off in recent times, with people who claim 'Awakening' attending on a regular basis ? There is also an economic structure given to this 'Structure' of Satsang attendance, which is quite rigid in it's application, especially when it comes to things like retreats. These 'practices' seem to me to be of the same kind as people attending religious or spiritual events as you point out, albeit in a different context. I think church can be very cheap you can Satsang there for free on Sundays and other days if you wish. Any views on this ?

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 09-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Why are there so many Satsangs then ? The phenomena of which has taken off in recent times, with people who claim 'Awakening' attending on a regular basis ? There is also an economic structure given to this 'Structure' of Satsang attendance, which is quite rigid in it's application, especially when it comes to things like retreats. These 'practices' seem to me to be of the same kind as people attending religious or spiritual events as you point out, albeit in a different context. I think church can be very cheap you can Satsang there for free on Sundays and other days if you wish. Any views on this ?

Right JoeMc,

And even more pertinent - by way of a clear example which is contrary to the conceptual thesis presented in the OP - as an extension of your point,

Here we have:

> “Iamit”, a somewhat a ‘spiritual’ sounding pseudonym - CHOSEN out of the vast virtual infinity of all possible names, spiritual or not

> willfully, willingly posting theoretical abstracts and intellectual speculations as factual content of the Non-Dual/Advaita/Neo-Advaita path (importantly, which is not-at-all the exclusive possibility available to spiritual aspirants, which is also a historic fact.)
> in the “non-dual” forum,
> within the auspices of a “spriritual discussion form”,
> which is itself a specific and miniscule portion of total internet traffic and discussion
> within the totality of available world-wide communications...not to mention human interest and endeavor
This clearly is a narrowing of focus and intention - which represents 'purification' as discussed by Gem in previous posts - which is the concentration of intention and action to the exclusion of what is not the intention or focus, which in an ongoing dynamic form, is the very definition of “path”.

It begs credibility.
Especially in light of the non-dual tradition which employs the principle of narrowing, e.g., "Neti-Neti"
In other words, the OP is a disingenuous refutation of the OP’s own OP!

And yet, as I have also experienced, “Iamit” is sufficiently adamant in his convictions of that ‘path’, that the introduction of any discussion of alternative approach; or clarification, further refinement or ‘purification’ of that very approach - is often met with a dubious (or even specious) personal insult, used as a tactic to excuse the convenient curtailment of legitimate discussion followed by a predictable “Good-bye and good-luck” dismissal.

Not a problem for me, but it clearly is or represents a demonstrated narrowing of focus to indicate that there is, or constitutes a ‘path’.

In adding further fuel to his own fire, even though in another of his own threads, Iamit seems to have a negative view of, or dispenses with - in principle - the possible utility of teachers/gurus (apparently even if legitimate) - according to his own Spiritual Forums bio, Iamit evidently "runs" (i.e. presides over) Non-dual discussion groups! (What's that? Satsang perhaps?) And based on the starting of numerous threads here on said topic, one can hardly imagine that this means merely being in charge of marking the calendar. Again not a problem, as anything which serves to raise conscious awareness of spiritual possibilities has merit.

So, Iamit, what do you say? In the interest of sincere discussion on these matters,
I hope you will address these concerns, which for the most part, were initiated by your own comments.

~ J
Old 09-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
In other words, the OP is a disingenuous refutation of the OP’s own OP!

The fact of the numerous opening threads and comments posted here is evidence of an attempt to elicit some kind of shift in understanding.

It is a path of sorts, a technique, an invitation. It says ‘look, there’s no need for a path or technique since oneness is already the case’. Not realising that the very proclamation of this serves no other purpose than to provoke a new understanding. Its objective is, in effect, no different to self inquiry - it’s a way of looking anew in order to precipitate a shift in perception.

Last edited by Moondance : 09-11-2017 at 08:02 PM.