Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 27-02-2017, 09:56 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
This is what strikes me about much mysticism - particularly Eastern mysticism. It talks of reaching enlightenment but it somehow circumnavigates talk of God.

I have faith and am a firm believer in God's existence. I'm not talking pure consciousness here or I AM; but rather a living breathing God. Much like a 'super-person'.

I think this may be the reason why I struggle with Eastern mysticism and the New Age.
God is only a half way house and not the end. Once one knows that, one may be happy to have reached this halfway house and rest for a while. Then one must get up and continue along the way.
To come to a stop halfway, thinking that this is the end, is the failure of common Christianity, and probably Islam too.
Old 27-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
So, who are you?

Well, I am hardly love incarnate. Or God incarnate either. There is a whole world dying around me and billions of lost and lonely people. There is nothing that I can do about it. Why? Precisely because I'm NOT God.

Lo and behold Hinduism and the New Age have a convenient answer - the world is NOT real! How sad. Having decided that they are God they then decide that the world is not real and therefore they don't have to worry about it. Besides; not only that each and every person on earth is 100% responsible for themselves and therefore its their own fault! Another reason why not to worry.

One day I truly think that the huge I AM in the sky will start to die. It will implode under its own gravity and turn into a black hole. Much like a physical star does.

I have never heard such completely logical non sense as that spoken by I AM practitioners. Their theory makes complete logical and linear sense. The trouble is I don't believe it. It sounds like a horrible truth and reality. I tried for years to avoid I AM as much as I could. Eventually the shear weight of I AM upon my mortal soul nearly crushed me and I conceded.

The truth is that I don't even want to be God. I'd rather NOT be God.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 27-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm NOT God.

Lo and behold Hinduism and the New Age have a convenient answer

I have never heard such completely logical non sense as that spoken by I AM practitioners.
And there it is: new age nonsense. Every thread of yours is either a veiled or open attack on new age people who have a different view than your own Christian views. And what is this Hindu thing you keep bringing up every thread? Is that something you've been taught at your church; that the Hindu religion is somehow a problem as well?

The answer is simple: Stick to your path, and stop trying to invalidate others' beliefs. shiningstars had the best advice for you in your other thread: Have you considered focusing on your own development? But many have said the same to you over the years, yet you continue with these new age attack threads. So I'm guessing you won't listen to her advice either.

And Honza, you play this game of being hurt whenever people reply as I do. Yet you're the one who brings it on yourself with these constant and never-ending new age attack threads. Just stop posting them, stop attacking new age beliefs, and Hindu beliefs, and people won't reply to you in the way I and others have. Simple.
Old 27-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The answer is simple: Stick to your path, and stop trying to invalidate others' beliefs. shiningstars had the best advice for you in your other thread: Have you considered focusing on your own development? But many have said the same to you over the years, yet you continue with these new age attack threads. So I'm guessing you won't listen to her advice either.

And Honza, you play this game of being hurt whenever people reply as I do. Yet you're the one who brings it on yourself with these constant and never-ending new age attack threads. Just stop posting them, stop attacking new age beliefs, and Hindu beliefs, and people won't reply to you in the way I and others have. Simple.
Why not give him a good answer, preferably one which includes his perspective?

He can put out his beliefs and opinion as much as anybody else. Let us not forget that according to new age beliefs every person does his best, the best he can possibly do at any given time.

Why should he give up on attacking any belief, if he can't make sense of it or doesn't believe in it? If you fail to make yourself understood, then that is your failure, not his.
Old 27-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
if he can't make sense of it
Is that what's happening here?
Old 27-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Master
But I'm not even Christian and I don't go to Church. I'm more interfaith than anything else. Interfaith implies having a respect for the worlds religions and spirituality - which I do. But out of all those the New Age and Hinduism present me with the most problems. They have good principles and concepts much like any other path; but they still present me with the most problems.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 27-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:
But I'm not even Christian and I don't go to Church. I'm more interfaith than anything else. Interfaith implies having a respect for the worlds religions and spirituality - which I do. But out of all those the New Age and Hinduism present me with the most problems. They have good principles and concepts much like any other path; but they still present me with the most problems.

Why do they present you with problems ?
Why not just follow your path and leave others to walk theirs, you do have a choice to allow them to cause/not cause you problems..
Old 27-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Quote:
I'm NOT God.
If you have never been 'elevated' or suddenly given an experience
of the whole Universe within you...or let's say, you expanding to
be the whole Universe with an awareness that encompasses e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g...
I can see how it would very hard to 'get'.

But, many people including myself have had this experience...this
jaw-dropping, direct revelation downloaded (revealed) to many.

Now, I know that when I am not experiencing this I am more of a
devotee or adorer of the All That Is.
And that is my role to play; it is the Cosmic Dance ..the Divine Romance..
that tho knowing I am part of, am and an extension of the Godhead...
my individualized self, tho, an illusion...has a part to play in
the eternal Epic of The Lover and the Beloved.

Some do choose to be the sugar and I truly love the role of tasting the sugar...
it is just a good fit for me.

To focus or care about others' viewpoints...Methodists, New Agers, Sufis...is part of the egoic mind's or
devil's job to keep up the separation, the duality of this 3rd dimension.
The Reality is nothing exists without the Creator...not a New Ager, not a heroin addict...
and why Jesus said what you do to the least of these you do to me...
God= The Great Shapeshifter....the homeless person and the Muslim terrorist.

May I suggest reading 'The Screwtape Letters' by CS Lewis...a brilliant book on
how the egoic mind (the devil) tricks good people into confusion, righteous indignation,
judgments, blaming, looking at someone else and what they are doing... keeping people from the truth.
(To those that no longer steal, murder and have controlled their lust...'he' must use subtler methods to take us away from the God connection.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Master

It is my belief that I cannot conceptualize what is out there running the show. Universe? Universal Love? God? Aliens? Spiritual Beings? I can't even begin to paint the picture. So I keep an open mind and keep my eyes on my path. One step in front of the other. Someday I will know the Truth, but not now. And when I pray, I now have learned to pray to my Higher Self.
Old 27-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
And when I pray, I now have learned to pray to my Higher Self.
Oops, lol, Honza's not going to like that !! LOL! Watch!

It is, indeed, hard to conceptualize anything as abstract and infinite as
the 'All That Is'...this is exactly why I learned
(right here on this Forum in 2011) to ask the Divine, the Father of Jesus, if you will, for His Divine Love...with
His Divine Love comes insight
beyond the everyday ideas and concepts of Who God is...His Heart is revealed. This knowledge is accessible...not some many years off.
Changed my life, yet again.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru