Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2014, 03:47 AM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-thing-ness
I have experiences this myself and so have many others, over on Facebook religion is frequently refered to as mind control.

You and your facebook group are obviously in to some sort of mind control, and everyone is not living their lives on facebook and take the posts there as universal truths.
Old 19-07-2014, 03:55 AM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Mind control - the control of thoughts.

In my opinion religion is a cross on the back of mankind, we really do need A New Consciousness, and here's Krishnamurti to tell us why! And if this offends then look deeply into yourself as to why and stop laying the blame at my feet! If it upsets you then maybe somewhere deep within you you know this to be true. How many centuries have we had the 10 commandments?!?! The one which appears top of the broken list is Thou Shalt Not Kill. Man(not very)kind is a killing machine, in and out of uniform whether military or religious.

Krishnamurti take it away!

I don't follow (the High Priest) Krishnamurti and definately not Osho. Each of us follow what we want. Or not. And A New Consciousness for me is not what you are in to, you are operating from the same old place of hate and separation. You are telling others how wrong they are and that they are such and such if they do such and such and so on. It is nothing new with that, it is the same old "I have the truth and you are wrong". If you do know any truth, I suggest you stop with your hate speeches against religion, then people might listen more to what you have to say.
Old 19-07-2014, 04:01 AM
Administrator
Hello Members

Please note the following Rule.

Public Figures: We have found people naming and discussing public figures/famous people, members should know that derogatory discussions about anyone, public figures or not, will not be tolerated and from now on will be removed without notice, SF is not prepared to tolerate libelous remarks made against anyone.

Lynn

SF Admin
Old 19-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
And if this offends then look deeply into yourself as to why and stop laying the blame at my feet!

I will continue to lay blame at your feet if you continue to deserve it. You are writing what you are writing. Yesterday you promised to stop writing about religion and still you continue.

NO. RELIGION IS NOT MIND CONTROL.
Old 19-07-2014, 04:04 AM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
All religions are based on thought. All religions are the organization of thought, in belief, in dogma, in rituals.

NO, IT IS NOT.

NO, THEY ARE NOT.
Old 19-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
There are many branches to a tree and many paths to God.

We are all brothers and sisters, no matter what religion we do - or do not - follow.
I agree with this.
Why do we see such hatred, from both the religious and from the unreligious?
Old 19-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Master
Belief is an individual expression. Faith is another word for "I don't know". Religion is the graveyard of Belief and the birthplace of bigotry.
Old 19-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Belief is an individual expression. Faith is another word for "I don't know". Religion is the graveyard of Belief and the birthplace of bigotry.

MODERATORS!!!! The atheists are being mean to us again!
Old 19-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Master

Quote:
High Priest is someone in charge of a group of people, those people follow his commands. Some may not, but you get the drift. So this title is applicable to both politics and religion, here in the UK a certain David Cameron is the High Priest. He and his cabinet(elders)dictate what laws are passed(so Stillness Speaks wherever it is you live you do follow the orders of the High Priest!)and a variety of other things too.

Same applies to the world's religions. The catholic belief system has the pope for their High Priest and what he says goes(we'll not get into Jesuit politics and the black High Priest- thats what they refer to the Jesuit pope as, the black pope), the buddhists have the dalai lama as their High Priest etc etc.

The term High Priest refers to authority figures, I hoped that would be self explanatory.

A new consciousness

A new consciousness and a totally new morality are necessary to bring about a radical change in the present culture and social structure. This is obvious, yet the Left and the Right and the revolutionary seem to disregard it. Any dogma, any formula, any ideology is part of the old consciousness; they are the fabrications of thought whose activity is fragmentation - the Left, the Right, the centre. This activity will inevitably lead to bloodshed of the Right or of the Left or to totalitarianism. This is what is going on around us. One sees the necessity of social, economic, and moral change but the response is from the old consciousness, thought being the principal actor. The mess, the confusion, and the misery that human beings have got into are within the area of the old consciousness, and without changing that profoundly,every human activity - political, economic or religious - will only bring us to the destruction of each other and of the earth. This is so obvious to the sane.

J. Krishnamurti This Light in Oneself

No-thing-ness,

The obvious solution to this "High Priest" problem that you are outlining is a political one. I was not aware that the U.K. is not a democracy. Here in the US we have 3 branches of government......the executive, the legislative and the judicial. The "High Priest", under our system, does not make the laws. That is the function of the legislative branch who are elected by the people. So apparently that is a difference and contributes to some of the misunderstanding on this forum.
Also, the "High Priest" in the RCC(the Pope), is ignored here in the States by many Catholics as witnessed by many of them practicing birth control. It seems that the authority that you allege these figures to have is not actually recognized by a sizable number of its members.

To the matter of the need for a new consciousness that you quote it can be acknowledged that there is a need for this. However, the way it is outlined here leaves no possible source for its emergence as is seen by mentioning that the Left, the Right, the centre are all dysfunctional. That sounds inclusive to me and seems to define the totality of mankind. This new consciousness is certainly not an overnight possibility......it is something that will take generations to accomplish.

I would venture to say that if a poll was taken to determine what is currently needed to right this ship that hardly anyone would respond by saying that a "new consciousness" is the priority. In a forum such as this naturally we would expect a sizable number to acknowledge that a new consciousness is needed. Needed, yes...........likely, no. Look at us in this forum: the negative seems to prevail, we tend to be judgmental.....unforgiving........and lack understanding and appreciation of others. These are all characteristics of people without love. IMO love must be the foundation of a "new consciousness".

I would suggest that rather than reminding everyone of the things that we do not have.......of our shortfalls.....of our misdeeds that instead we focus on the things that we share in common. People have discovered that this is the way that friendships can be established with individuals and groups outside of their own cultures. A negative focus can only lead to depression and is unlikely to produce anything that is of lasting value.
Old 19-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Master
Matt (devolution) created this forum in February 2006. His dream was to create a large online spiritual community, a place where people could meet and discuss all things spiritual, a sanctuary for people of similar interests to learn and grow together in a harmonious setting, free of charge. He achieved that dream, and we--his loved ones, friends and helpers--aim to keep that dream alive in his memory.

this thread is being closed for now. this is not the place for disrespect and intolerance.
Closed Thread