Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 31-03-2020, 11:00 AM
Master
Another bogeyman...

Apart from fear and death there is another big spiritual adversary which preys upon me.

I live with fear and death on a daily basis. As do many other people. Not in a obvious way but in a spiritual sense. The spiritual fear and spiritual death takes it toll. This in turn gives rise to a new beast - anger.

You may find that if you deal with fear and death regularly then your anger grows and grows. Anger of course breeds more anger. The whole negative cycle perpetuates itself.

This morning I found myself screaming out in anger. There was nobody around - but I just lost my temper.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 31-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Master
Sorry for your troubles Honza.

Have you seen the film Bucket List? First time I heard this. I'm not sure where it's from, but in the film Jack Nicholson's character says it to Morgan Freeman's character, about the 5 stages of death, or accepting death I should say:

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

The film is well worth a watch.
Old 31-03-2020, 05:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Apart from fear and death there is another big spiritual adversary which preys upon me.

I live with fear and death on a daily basis. As do many other people. Not in a obvious way but in a spiritual sense. The spiritual fear and spiritual death takes it toll. This in turn gives rise to a new beast - anger.

You may find that if you deal with fear and death regularly then your anger grows and grows. Anger of course breeds more anger. The whole negative cycle perpetuates itself.

This morning I found myself screaming out in anger. There was nobody around - but I just lost my temper.
On your information page you wrote:
Quote:
Spiritual Beliefs:
Believe in One God Who is Love
If you really believe that, then love should suppress all fear and anger. Change your focus on that love!

I can not advise anybody on their faith ... It's called faith and no reasoning can change that. But, your faith (not sure what "interfaith" kind of occupation you have) doesn't seem to serve you well. Faith should give you, especially your spirit, the power, the confidence, the peace, the light at the end of the tunnel. If it doesn't ... then something isn't right.

If you meditate, pray, dream, ask for guidance from your inner source. It is much more reliable than any external source.

Also, ask for peace and contentment.

Good luck!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-03-2020, 07:01 PM
ketzer

Quote:

Fear and anger are two sides of the same coin. Fear is generated when your mind wants to keep you from doing something and anger is generated when it wants you to do something. Kind of a pull back vs push forward thing. I have found that unless I can understand what it is my mind wants me to take action on, it is just going to generate more and more anger to try to get my attention and motivate me. Almost as if the Id keeps yelling louder and louder until it gets some attention. That said, once I figure out what it wants me to do, I often realize that it is not a wise thing to do... so I don't, but having at least been understood, my mind will often back off and not generate so much anger anymore. Almost as if the Id has at least been heard and even if it did not get its way it calms down a bit... some pressure gets released?? It's a battle between the Id, the ego, and the superego.
FMI: https://www.simplypsychology.org/psyche.html
Now go whoop dat boogyman!!!
Old 31-03-2020, 07:55 PM
Master
Anger can come from the outside. The negative influences from the world or even greater evil.

https://corechristianity.com/resourc...bout-the-devil

I know it is all a matter of beliefs. My understanding is that there is evil in the world.

Old 31-03-2020, 08:11 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Anger can come from the outside. The negative influences from the world or even greater evil.

I know it is all a matter of beliefs. My understanding is that there is evil in the world.
I figure the anger in me is the one I am most able to do something about. Learning how to properly deal with that anger I expect is a good thing to do lest it fester and grow until the anger in me turns into the evil in me. Which I suppose from your viewpoint would be evil out there in the world... so yeah, there can be/is evil the the world. Only I expect it is evil in the hearts of men. As far as devils and demons go, those I am not familiar with. Although as I recall from childhood there was a guy we called the booger man, we all avoided him like he was a demon, but I doubt he was actually evil, just a bit gross.
Old 31-03-2020, 08:24 PM
Master

Quote:

If you want, when you go to sleep do the following:

- settle in your bed for sleep
- with your eyes alreay closed, gently point a little upwards while normally breathing in through your nose, without thinking about anything
- hold in your breath for about 3 seconds
- slowly breath out through your nose, and while counting from 5 down to 1, about a second each count, lower you eyes gently, and continue lowering your focus of imagination toward your feet, and a little beyond (don't force your eyes, move your focus mainly in your imagination, smoothly, not thinking about your body)
- if you feel you're still too alert, repeat this 1 or 2 more times
- now, addressing your subconscious say something like: every time I am in an unpleasant situation, change it into a pleasant one (use a normal tone, not begging, not commanding, just give the instructions as you'd know that they're understood and will be followed, no questions asked)
- after that, you may also add something like: now optimize my sleep and wake me up at [whatever time you want] fully rested, refreshed, feeling wonderful

That's all.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-03-2020, 08:26 PM
Master
Quote:

Honza, have you read up on the ego stuff? If so, what do you think?
Old 31-03-2020, 09:04 PM
Master
Thank you for all the feedback. It is appreciated.

Old 31-03-2020, 09:07 PM
Master
I am familiar with the theory of the ego. I take it seriously. I know there is anger in me which I can do something about. However, the anger in me is just a small flame compared with the anger 'out there'.