Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I think I got what I wanted out of this thread - a better understanding of Christian faith. It's made me look a bit ignorant as well, but that's all right, because I was

It's not a crime. We are always learning.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspirit
there is an interesting popular perception of Jesus as all tolerant all forgiving and non judgemental. He's mr nice guy that let's you do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone type logic I hear from people occasionally.

The truth is Jesus and the father are one according to the bible. So the judgemental father who is intolerant of sin, who has wiped out nations because of rebellion and sinfulness is one with Jesus. It's confusing when you have a mr nice guy image of Jesus you like. I don't think we should mistake Jesus for a soft touch who let's us get away with whatever we want...

God is love but he is also pretty strait down the line with the standards he expects of us!

Well stated.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Interesting take on the whole seeing the world as a child/Kingdom of Heaven thing - I've been reading that as meaning that you should see the world without preconceptions, ie as though you're just seeing it for the first time.

On Job - maybe there's a dimension to the story that I'm missing, but the way I'm reading it, God comes across as a callous so-and-so. He's inflicting pain on a sentient being to prove his point to the Devil? Isn't it enough for him to know, why does he need to prove his point to the Devil?

(I'm being a little facetious, and like I say I could be reading it all wrong.)

Ever since "The fall", which it becomes apparent involves this anima/mammal and organic aspect, and in time and space... There has been a War going on.

The origins of which go back further than the material Creation, it seems also.
http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_what_are_they.html

Job was afflicted for being Faithful, and all the faithful will go through certain trials in life. It wasn't the Father who afflicted him though.
As well, God knows the beginning and the end, apart from time.
In the end Job was blessed greatly.

Look at Ephesians chapter 6.
http://biblehub.com/parallel/ephesians/6-12.htm
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the ... For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the ...."

Old 24-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
There does seem to be a bit of a disparity between the God of the Old Testament (the jealous, vengeful geezer) and the God of the New Testament (who's love, apparently), which is apparently explained by what PeteC was talking about in regards to the Gnostic Gospels - which say (if I'm understanding it correctly) that the God of the OT isn't, as He believes, the Almighty, the One True Source.
The way I took Jesus teachings were they were directed at all men but to the Jews as his primary concern first. My understanding of the bible is that Jesus came to establish his kingdom through a violent death and great suffering to himself as his only choice. It wasn't all about us but he left the door open for those who choose his ways.

The God of the Old Testament could be a harsh guy but there wAs barbaric practices like child sacrifices going on by the cannanites that he got the Jews to wipe out the nations doing it.

Maybe it's hard to contrast a Jesus in a more civilized time with ancient times. God never changes and not do his standards.

It's just the theories on it all do.
Old 24-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Master
Quote:
There does seem to be a bit of a disparity between the God of the Old Testament (the jealous, vengeful geezer) and the God of the New Testament (who's love, apparently), which is apparently explained by what PeteC was talking about in regards to the Gnostic Gospels - which say (if I'm understanding it correctly) that the God of the OT isn't, as He believes, the Almighty, the One True Source.
The way I took Jesus teachings were they were directed at all men but to the Jews as his primary concern first. My understanding of the bible is that Jesus came to establish his kingdom through a violent death and great suffering to himself as his only choice. It wasn't all about us but he left the door open for those who choose his ways.

The God of the Old Testament could be a harsh guy but there was barbaric practices like child sacrifices going on by the by people like the cannanites that he got the Jews to wipe out the nations doing it.

Maybe it's hard to contrast a Jesus in a more civilized time with ancient times. God never changes and not do his standards.

It's just the theories on it all do.
Old 14-03-2014, 02:49 AM
Master
That was well stated, Light.

People keep bringing up a percieved violent nature of God in the Old Testament, whilst at the same time ignoring what goes on in humanity every day, in the News.
Meanwhile, we see how God is called both, "Savior", and, "Redeemer" in the Old Testament.
About whom it is also stated, "Your lovingkindess is better than life."

http://biblehub.com/psalms/63-3.htm
"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You."

Old 14-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Master
Your image or perception of ANYTHING determines your reality and human experience

The Old Testament goes through an evolution of consciousness and understanding

Of course Moses' God was judgemental and violent! Moses was historically part of a War-class among the Semite Egyptians! And a prince of a specific providence of Egypt called the Hyksos- Jewish Egyptians

The slavery of the Jews is metaphorical. They were not literal slaves but historically and metaphorically slaves to Egypt's Sin. The sin was Greed and material Possessions.

Moses was leading them to a new consciousness an awareness of the divine

Moses had his flaws but that was THEN! If it weren't for Moses we wouldn't have such a personal God.
Moses experienced the I am that I am and asked what this I Am was. It or he was the Divine Consciousness. Moses couldn't go back to Egypt with such an
Abstract term for the Divine. And so the Divine said to him that he is the same God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Moses understood that this Supreme being was also a personal God that helped people like a Father figure

Moses of course had a very violent and distraught relationship with God but still had a higher consciousness than most of us on this board!
Moses didn't always perfectly connect his own passions and motives with God's.

Then again a great analogy of God is Water!
Water is the foundation and source of life Water is within all living things and is everywhere but also greater than all. Water gives life and takes life. Water seems personal since water is always giving and evolving life. But water is also impersonal because it drowns, kills, ends, and destroys and RENEWS life in the end.

That's how God or the Divine Consciousness should be understood. If you do heed to the ways and laws of the Supreme Consciousness then you will suffer automatically due to the fact that the Divine within you longs for reunion. If you sin which means "creating negative effects" for oneself you are hurting yourself and the Wrath of God, the wrath of the Divine Energy "karmic law" so to speak automatically punishes you within.

So yes God did kill all those Egyptians, but rescued the Israelites. God ordained and killed a lot of people LOL but then again God kills human beings everyday!

When that last breath is taken that is the breath of God. God kills everyone in the end. Both good and evil. God is not dualistic. All are equal and welcomed to Heaven and all are possible to be separated or united

We are souls, not human bodies suffering under dualistic experience for spiritual schooling. Our bodies suffer because we get attached to them.

Jesus was the man and prophet who had the purest image of the personal God. In Jesus was formed a Trinity to explain the souls true relationship with the Divine. His identity as the Son is a future destiny of all souls prepared to follow the Way he established. But Jesus still died. The Divine and it's karmic law which was aimed at Israel's disobedience was exchanged to Jesus's crucifixion. But Jesus was also the Divine incarnated to show what love is.

Love and Law are one